“Loved it”
Review of Ai Cesendeli

Ai Cesendeli
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Burano
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jacksonville, Florida
“Loved it”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I went to Ai Cesendeli for lunch during our trip to Burano.
My wife ordered pasta with cuttle fish and I ordered assorted grilled fish/ seafood platter.
Enjoyed the meal. One could taste fresh ingredients. Fresh fish/ seafood is what mikes this place really good if not excellent. The bill for two meals, 0.3 L house wine plus coffee was less than 40 euro. Service was brisk. We sat outside and enjoyed the scenery. Would certainly come back.

• Visited October 2013

• Turkish first
Fort Myers, Florida
“Wonderful and friendly!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was rather cold and rainy when we visited. The atmosphere and food were great. It visit them again!

• Visited October 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“So long and thanks for all the fish!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

We found this restaurant by the canal on a day trip to Burano and were impressed with its location and the friendly and efficient service. It specialises in fish dishes and we had two excellent meals there. Unfortunately it was closed when we tried to make a third visit.

It is quite a small restaurant and is popular with the locals so you can expect it to be crowded and noisy but the service is excellent. The waiting staff record your order on a small hand-held computer and this sends its message to the kitchen and the central billing computer on the cash desk. The chef is equally efficient and the food is really top quality. Highly recommended. The computerisation does not extend to credit cards!

• Visited September 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good choice of dishes and pizza, nice location”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

I have been to this restaurant with wife and 2 kids on Sunday at lunch after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor.

We have been given a table on the outside and while deciding what to eat we chuckled listening to the friendly waiter politely suggesting to a foreign tourist that no, you don't normally have pasta AND french fries at the same time (but eventually gave in and accepted the order).

The kids and wife had a ample choice of pizzas and beverages to choose from, while I opted for cuttlefish and potatos (unfortunately my first choice from the menu was not available that day).

Pizzas were "ok" for a restaurant, not as good as the ones you usually get from a real "pizzeria" with a brick oven. Unfortunately my dish never showed up (I guess the guy serving the tables messed up and delivered it to the foreign couple who had pizza with french fries...), but I had half of the pizza that my youngest son could not finish so I was not that upset.

The owner of the restaurant apologized profusely and offered a good discount on the check (of course my dishes was not in the list).

You can only pay with cash.

Overall I think it's a good value for money, the dishes looked good, the location is superb. I have probably been just unlucky that day.

• Visited September 2013
“Family restaurant”
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Very family restaurant:)we were with 2family and5 kids. Best staff!!!!excellent pizzas and frutti di mare . Home atmosphere. We will be back for sure.

• Visited August 2013