“Who runs out of bread?”
Review of Ai Cesendeli

Ai Cesendeli
Ranked #10 of 30 Restaurants in Burano
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Who runs out of bread?”
Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

We did the Murano/Burano double header today a day stopped at this restaurant for lunch.

It is a beautiful place with a nice location on the canal. I ordered a Calabrese Pizza and my wife tried for the spaghetti con vongole which unfortunately they had run out of. She then settled for another seafood pasta dish.

It took us a little while to get served but that was fine as the restaurant was busy and they seemed understaffed. The food was a good size and tasted delicious so I was overall very happy with the place.

The only gripe I had was that they ran out of bread! They tried to give me some crostinis instead but in my book running out of bread at lunch time when people are ordering spaghetti with red sauce is inexcusable.

This wasn't a major issue though and all in all the meal was great. It was a little pricey but that seems normal for both Burano and Murano where they know how to charge people.

All in all a nice restaurant. If you are happy with the price it is not a bad option.

1 Thank Joseph D

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow
“Don't Miss”
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We arrived in Burano just about lunchtime on a bright, cold January day and, after an enjoyable walk round the colourful town, had the good fortune to stumble upon Ai Cesendeli. Grilled sole a treat - seafood spaghetti with clams, prawns and octopus also - both followed by what seemed a plum jam riddled polenta cake & coffee. The ambiance is very much local, family restaurant with people popping in and out for coffee or lunch or simply to swap news with the owners/staff. Might seem intrusive but it simply adds to what is a really nice place.

Visited January 2014
Haslemere, United Kingdom
“Cosy little restaurant with delicious food”
Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stopped here for a late lunch around 3pm, Burano seemed pretty sleepy on a January afternoon but this restaurant was busy and the staff were very friendly and welcoming. They have a more formal restaurant on their first floor, but we opted for something more informal on their ground floor.
The food was excellent; I had spaghetti con le seppie, which was delicious, and my partner had an enormous plate of calamari, which was exquisite! Consequently there was much swapping of food, but we both agreed it was the best calamari we'd had - real melt-in-the-mouth stuff. Afterwards my partner had a huge portion of tiramisu, which again was one of the best he'd tasted - both rich and light. I tried the local tarte - Burano shortbread-biscuits baked with apricot marmalade, also scrumptious. We were offered complimentary limoncello or grappa, which was a sweet touch. Definitely a meal to remember, and maybe one day we'll visit again!

• Visited January 2014
4 Thank Transcenda
Jacksonville, Florida
“Loved it”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

My wife and I went to Ai Cesendeli for lunch during our trip to Burano.
My wife ordered pasta with cuttle fish and I ordered assorted grilled fish/ seafood platter.
Enjoyed the meal. One could taste fresh ingredients. Fresh fish/ seafood is what mikes this place really good if not excellent. The bill for two meals, 0.3 L house wine plus coffee was less than 40 euro. Service was brisk. We sat outside and enjoyed the scenery. Would certainly come back.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Lev1966
Fort Myers, Florida
“Wonderful and friendly!”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was rather cold and rainy when we visited. The atmosphere and food were great. It visit them again!

• Visited October 2013