“nice hotel but far from Batumi”

Georgia Palace Hotel
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Kobuleti
“nice hotel but far from Batumi”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

The hotel is quite new and clean with spacious rooms, nice and clean toilets and bath and a good garden which is well taken care of. The bars have various choices to offer but very expensive. slow services and unhelpful crew are the main disadvantages of this hotel. The breakfast was not bad at all with nice tables set but the variety of foods and dishes are not comparable at all with Turkey hotels. The pool was OK but the water was so cold for this time of year (July). The bar close to the pool was nice but as I said before quite expensive. The funny thing was that on a half board basis which we booked the hotel, we were told that the drinks are not included which was queer but we accepted it however they charged us 4 Laries (nearly 3 dollars) for the smallest bottle of coke I have ever seen in my life. The room service was very good the indoor pool and spa were both nice and I got a good massage from a Georgian lady there but my wife was not at all satisfied with her Indian masseuse. All in all it is good for a 2 to 3 days not more for you definitely get bored. The location of the hotel is terrible, about 20 km from Batumi where you may find some things to do

Room Tip: rooms with front see view are excellent and the double bedrooms are of two different sizes choose th...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Amookhteh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I would like to start off by saying that this hotel is beautiful! It's clean, the rooms are big and airy, the décor is perfect. And I would consider staying there again, HOWEVER... the hotel needs to send their staff on human interaction lessons; the customer service was terrible. When checking in, the woman at reception out right called me a liar. I was meeting my boyfriend at the hotel. The receptionist didn't understand English and decided it was my fault she couldn't find my boyfriend's booking even though I gave her his name and room number 4 times!! So I called him (he was at work) and he spoke to her - at length - and eventually she sent me up, without a key *shakes head*.
Other things: The staff yell at the guests; the room service guys answer the phone like agitated teenagers with bad attitudes and you're disturbing them; the food is ok, make sure your omelette is cooked properly; only Georgians get instant poolside service (without asking); no wifi in the rooms, only cables - so tablet people... it's the lobby or pool side for you.
Georgians stare... fine! I get that but if I'm staying at a 5 star hotel, I expect the staff to be above that and not call over the buddies to also stare at me; this is highly unprofessional. When you do find the few staff members that actually have brains, are genuinely polite and pay attention, stick to them!!!

The gym is clean but only has 4 machines and a set of free weights. The yoga room is large and airy and the indoor pool is great (I didn't check out the sauna) - the plunge pool wasn't all that cold but hey... the scenery from the pool area makes up for it. The "beach" area is a bit small but well maintained.

What I loved:
The spa treatments on offer are wonderful. The spa area is huge! The dressing rooms are large, clean and secure; the atmosphere is nice and tranquil and the massage (and masseuse) was absolutely wonderful and worth the effort. I believe these guys should promote their spa more.

The area: The surrounding area in Kobuleti is sparse. There are a few traditional "restaurants" and a couple of little stores (you can't bring outside food nor drink into the hotel). The only "happening" place close by is Batumi; which is 30-40 mins by taxi or Minibus.

The place itself it amazing, if it weren't for the bad customer service I would've given this place 5 stars. In comparison - I stayed at the Penthouse Hotel in Tbilisi - cheap but the staff there are great people with impeccable customer service skills.

I hope that someone can relay this to the G.P.H. so they can improve their service as I'm sure more outsiders (not from the Caucasus region) will find this hotel. Hopefully they'll have a much better experience than we did.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cila M
Lyon, France
Reviewed 30 May 2012

Everything is great in this hotel. Rooms are just gorgeous, especially the special beds, that were just exceptional. Food was just great, breakfast and dinner are awesome, there is a big variety of food. Service also were great, the pool is big enough and sun is on it all the day.
The design of the hotel is I really like, it is Italian. All the hotel is built by Italians. There is free wifi in every room.
Hotel has also a private beach with free chaise-longues, umbrellas and towels.
The prices are just fine for 5* hotel. I definitely recommend it. On of the best hotels in Adjara after Sheraton hotel(but that one is at a high price).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank Luce V
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I felt in love with the atmosphere of this hotel, the rooms like royal apartmnets, very nice looking and expensive furniture, with a great feeling of style and design, very polite and helpful staff, very friendly management of the hotel! Convenoient spa services, ayurveda centre! A nice sea view from the balconies of the rooms!!! the only negative point is that there is a limited selection of dishes in the restaurants and no shops available nearby with a decent selection of products, and no pharmacy nearby with a proper selection of staff necessary for a pharmacy!

Room Tip: A room with sea view would be very nice!Anyhow all the rooms are very beautifuk and have a balcony w...
  • Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank taty16
Krakow, Poland
Reviewed 21 November 2011

We staid with family a week ,light clean rooms, friendly and professional staff, tasty cousin , safety beach ... , no worry for kids, cause they wasted time hole day along with animators, I hope next summer we can plan stay at the Georgia palace again .
At least Luxury Spaaaa and treatments which I really miss ..

Room Tip: rooms with garden sea view is more queter
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank fabby-ola
Reviewed 15 November 2011

If you are looking for a semi-luxury hotel on shore of black sea with nice facilities like private beach, spa, outdoor indoor pools, gym, kids playground and ... to chill out and relax for a few days with your family and be far from all city life and its action this is the place for you. otherwise go for a hotel in Batumi.

After staying into hostels in both yerevan and tbilisi I really needed some luxury so I booked this hotel for 2 days through hotel dot com which I searched for Batumi in their website and Georgia Palace Hotel was one of the 3 results.

when I reached Batumi by train I found out the hotel is about 35 kilometer far from Batumi locate 3 kilometers after a small city called Kobuleti and it cost me 35 Gel (about 20$) to go there and it will costs more if you are going to this hotel from Batumi airport. As I reached hotel there was no one pick up my luggage from the taxi so I've done it myself.

I contacted hotel dot com by skype and after a lot of arguments they did not accept their misinformation. they did not even apologize for their mistake. shame.

anyhow, before I check in there was some complications with staffs so I asked for the manager who was a nice and polite lady. She apologize for what happend and that was enough for me.

So, I checked in. The room was quite big, king size bed, the room supposed to be sea view but it was partial sea view and some trees also blocked that partial view too. it was very clean, big bathroom with big bathtub. nice mini bar. sort of classic semi-luxury hotel. Wireless internet speed was very slow but wired one which was free was okay.

Later on arrival day the hotel manager sent me a bottle of wine and fruite basket with an apology letter which was a classy move.

About sleeping quality, the mattress was very uncomfortable I could feel all springs of it. so for the second night I covered it with extra blankets which was a good idea.

The food was okay. It supposed to be buffet breakfast but it wasn't and it was average. Hotel staffs some was nice and some was not.

at last I needed some Luxury so I got what I needed.
Try to get a good deal since the hotel is a little over priced for its quality specially on high season.

Room Tip: I dont think sea view and garden view rooms are different in what you can see. just the price is dif...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
4 Thank newvisor
Tbilisi, Georgia
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stayed there for 10 days. The hotel axceeded all our expectations - outstanding service; friendly, helpful staff; delicious food; fantastic view; comfortable and pleasant ambiance; top cleanness; high security. Especially liked the private beach, which is just two steps from the hotel!
Ideal for family holiday.

Room Tip: I would recommend taking rooms with "garden view": as a result you get both beautiful gard...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Nano_Kikvilashvili
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kobuleti
Hotel Chveni Ezo
#2 of 41 in Batumi
Colosseum Marina Hotel
Colosseum Marina Hotel
#4 of 41 in Batumi

Been to Georgia Palace Hotel? Share your experiences!