“Will always stay here from now on” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina

Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Asheville
“Will always stay here from now on”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013 via mobile

Le Phare Bleu is a keeper! We have stayed elsewhere on the island in the past and Le Phare Bleu is now our favorite. The well thought out open air accommodations give one the perfect tropical experience. The staff were consistently friendly and helpful. The addition of the mini market makes gathering some food stuffs especially easy. Being able to snorkel, kayak and sail within a few steps for our villa was extra special. I hope to return often.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank weaveme

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Marrakech, Morocco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Wonderful place, with elegant and stylish accommodations, sensational restaurant (food and setting) and lovely staff. The rooms are perfectly designed for the tropical setting, and the option to self-cater with the well-appointed kitchenette is a real plus.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Marshall_Family00
Wallingford, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

In my many trips to Grenada I've eaten at Le Phare Bleu a few times and always had a great dinner. So on a recent trip I decided to stay there for my few days in Grenada. Loved it! Best room layout and configuration of any of 6 hotels I've been to in Grenada. It was spacious, well-outfitted, and I loved the the open atmosphere where I could leave the multiple doors open to the spacious balcony. Felt like I was in a tree house. It was so relaxing sitting on the balcony, with the sea breezes, tree frogs sounding off, surrounded by beautiful tropical gardens. It's more like an apartment than a room, with a kitchen, living area and dining table. The breeze goes through easily - never needed to use the a.c and this was in August! My meals were as good as they have always been. I met the owners who were nice, friendly and welcoming, as was the rest of the staff.
There is a marina there, so you meet the sailors staying there (Grenada is a well-known destination for sailors.). One night a week there is a community dining table and you meet interesting people, both locals and ex-pats. So it's fun and comfortable if you are a solo traveler like I was, but I'd also go back with family, friends or my husband. They have a small store if you want to use your room's kitchen to make meals. But with the dining room overlooking the beautiful bay and a nearby island, I liked to have my meals in the restaurant. I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: I liked being on the second floor but the lower floors are right next to all the beautiful gardens s...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Mary H
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

What can I say? A beautiful location, tranquil, gorgeous villas, friendly staff, good food and a great ambiance. Normally this should have an easy 5-star rating. But this time I just can't bring myself to awarding the top rating.

We came to Grenada after a fantastic sailing trip. We were on a high, and the arrival at Le Phare Bleu continued that feeling. The villas are really quite stunning - a beautiful design with lots of space. The first slight uneasy experience came at lunch. The food was delicious, but it took a very long time for the food to appear. Yes, we're not in a hurry, and this is the Caribbean, but still... The first real niggle started in the evening when the airco in the master bedroom didn't work. Someone came round and fixed it, but while we were sleeping it switched itself off, and it was too hot in the morning.

The second niggle came at breakfast. It wasn't busy, but it took almost an hour for breakfast to appear.

We were out all day, and I spend a large part of the evening trying to get the airco to work - it just wouldn't. Perhaps we should have mentioned it again, but I didn't really want to go and complain again at night and would go in the morning.

The next morning at breakfast we happened to sit next to the owners, and had a chat. When they left for, she apologised for the breakfast being late (after about 30 minutes). Well, it took another 45 minutes for a very poor breakfast to arrive. Really not acceptable by now.

I went to complain about the serving times and the airco. Several people came round trying to fix it. They kept saying it was fixed, yet it just wasn't.

In the evening there was a concert at the hotel. We had great fun. Another good meal as well (and although slow, I could understand because it was busy) But the airco still didn't work. More people appeared to try and fix it. Finally after I kept pointing out that contrary to their assertions it didn't work, we were offered a room in one of the other villas.

When I'm on holiday I want to chill and relax. I can take a few issues - travelling aroud you always get some. But when many things happen they reinforce each other and you find yourself being stressed and arguing with the hotel. That's not why I go on holiday, and that's not why choose a good and certainly not cheap hotel. But the whole thing left a sour taste in my mouth. A real pity.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Henkyyy
GrenadaStarfish, Front Office Manager at Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina, responded to this review, 15 September 2013
Thank you for your review and we are very sorry regarding the air conditioning malfunction and slow service you experienced in the restaurant. I was not aware that after the first fix the air conditioning was still giving trouble. I did check with you the following morning and you informed me that all was well. Alas it seems the malfunction came back. I can totally understand your level of frustration especially as it was very hot during your stay, that plus the slow service you experienced would also have annoyed me. I only wish the malfunction had not happened and that it had been corrected sooner or alternatively that another villa was offered. I am very concerned that you mention arguing with the hotel, I certainly hope that none of the staff at LPB argued with you. I was not on duty when you checked out and have only become aware that you had had this continued annoyance. I wish to explore these points further so will email you directly. It is certainly not our intention to upset any of our guests and am very disappointed that you left feeling the issues had not been resolved. I will email you, as mentioned earlier, directly so that we can at least offer a gesture of good will. Thank you for bringing your experience to my attention and I will be in touch soon.

Kind regards
Lynn
Grenada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

Just got back from another wonderful stay, not really sure how many times we have stayed at this hotel now, but it never fails to disappoint, only gets better with each visit.

Le Phare Bleu is a beautiful elegant boutique hotel, yet still relaxed and set in the most amazing tropical gardens over looking Calivigny Island. The villas and the apartments, (we have stayed in both) are just beautiful. We just love sitting on the balcony in the evening with a glass of wine and listening to the tree frogs.

There are two restaurants, we love the Lightship restaurant as we love to sit on top of the boat and look out to sea and have cocktails early evening. The main restaurant has a brilliant pizza night and the seared tuna on their menu is my favourite.
They also have a happy hour which has a lovely atmosphere as people come in off their yachts and people finishing work and holiday makers and you get to meet some interesting people. And where else in the world would you get six beers in a bucket for £5.00. Also on a Saturday night they have really good local singers and bands and also the owner plays such brilliant music.

Would recommend hiring a car to see beautiful Grenada.

The owners and staff make you feel very welcome and go out of their way to make sure everything is right for you. Thank you Le Phare Bleu for another wonderful relaxing holiday, will be booking our next trip soon.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chiffy26
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2013 via mobile

We happened to come across this place while driving around the island. WOW! The view was incredible, surroundings and restaurant so beautiful, the perfect lunch place.

I had the seared tuna with tapenade and sautéed potatoes. Absolutely delicious. I could very easily spend the whole day sitting there looking out onto the bay. Recommended!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank cs95aam
The Hague, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

This is our first time visiting the Caribean and we had the honor of being guests at this wonderful resort. We had a beach villa, which was very spacious and clean. The staff is very friendly and helpful; i felt right at home! We had dinner at the pool bar a couple of times and once on the Vaadstra boat. I would recommend this resort to everyone. Its a little peace of paradise!

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank Llai
Also consider these accommodations in or near Petite Calivigny
True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel & Spa
Calabash Luxury Boutique Hotel &...
#1 of 4 in Lance aux Epines
Petite Anse Hotel Grenada
#1 of 1 in Saint Patrick Parish
Radisson Grenada Beach Resort
Mount Cinnamon Resort & Beach Club

Been to Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina? Share your experiences!