After spending a week on St Lucia we headed to Grenada arriving on a Sunday evening in the pouring rain. It was dark on arrival so the beauty of the resort was not appreciated until first light with the wonderful award winning gardens viewed directly from our balcony.
During our stay we made the most of their private beach enjoying the warmth of the Caribbean Sea with snorkelling equipment borrowed free of charge from the resort. They also have some canoes for you to borrow which were great fun. Dieter one of the owners kindly took us out on his dingy and Lynn the Manager found a bottle of coconut water locally to go with the Rum.
We visited St George's a couple of times and an educational day trip with Rock. At sunset we headed to the Beach bar fir a Piña Colada. One night the minister of tourism were in the bar giving a speech! The resort is European run with friendly local staff. Downside - we arrived one week early missing the dingy concert and the Lightship restaurant. As someone who has visited over 50 countries I would return to Grenada and this hotel. I have already recommended to a friend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Phare Bleu truly is a unique property that centres around the historic Lighthouse Ship and is located in Calivigny Bay. Just fifteen minutes from the international airport this exclusive, waterfront property offers a tremendously high level of comfort in the self contained beach villas and apartments. The friendly service mixed with the restaurants & bar, mini market, swimming pool, watersports and very safe beach, makes Le Phare Bleu a great place for relaxation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, West Indies and Ebookers so you can book your Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Phare Bleu Marina And Resort
- Le Phare Bleu Marina Hotel Petite Calivigny Bay
- Le Phare Bleu Boutique Hotel & Marina Grenada/Petite Calivigny