“Very good value ,in a convenient location.”
Review of Exeter Court Hotel

Exeter Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kennford
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Very good value ,in a convenient location.”
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Whether travelling to the South West or visiting the Exeter area this hotel is excellent. It is easy to find alongside the busy A38, but fortunately no traffic noise
will keep you awake at night. The greeting at reception when we arrived was very friendly and also the Receptionist was kind enough to arrange a taxi to our restaurant in Exeter. The room was well appointed, clean and reasonably spacious. We would certainly recommend Exeter Court to anyone visiting the area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
UK
Reviewed 31 May 2012

It wasnt until I drove into the car park that I realised I had stayed at Exeter Court before, a few years ago, when they started the refurb but then, was still a LONG way off completion, I was intrigued to see how things had improved (although I had reserved a different room this time and now booked the Ashton Suite (well why not, still cheaper than other hotels in the area). Booking a suite I did have grand ideas and to be very honest I was slightly disappointed but Only because of the image I had pictured. However, the room was a very good size with 2 large wardrobes, a sofa and without paying big bucks in London, the biggest and best quality TV I have seen in a hotel. A nice bed with basic (plain white) linen but very comfortable and I had an excellent sleep. Forget about power-shower, this room had a WOWer-shower ;) it looked very basic initially but when I realised it was in fact electronic, I discovered it was probably the most powerful and best shower I have ever used, I didnt want to get out. The breakfast was nice but not super filling (1 rasher of bacon, 1 sausage, etc, etc, some places Ive stayed at, the breakfast can last you 'til tea time, no chance here). Likewise with the evening meal, I ordered an 8oz steak (didnt seem a very think cut) but finished still feeling a bit peckish. Still, all the staff were friendly, the room was clean and very good quality, Id be very tempted to return!

Room Tip: Choose a suite for only £89
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2012

Highly recommend this hotel beside the A38 if heading north or south and need a stopover for the night. Good rooms, very clean, nice friendly staff in the reception and bar. Wifi signal poor in room so took laptop to public areas where it worked fine. Built on a kind of courtyard (motel) setting so can get the car outside the room. Recommended.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
Rotherham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Ok so we booked this as a treat as it looked a lot bigger than it actually was.
The reception area is lovely all marble and modern and receptionist was very polite, but I was most disappointed when I went into the bedroom.
It was tiny I was constantly tripping over the bed, the tea and coffee was hidden in a drawer it was that small and the room was overlooked by cars parking right up to the window (headlights here we come). The room had net curtains which looked old fashioned and the huge book of rules that came with the room were quite patronizing. The bathroom was even smaller and the loft hatch in the bathroom was quite disturbing. Not sure why that was there???
The only saving grace for this place is the restraunt we went for dinner there and it was gorgeous food and drink , served well and very friendly staff .
The downside however was the fact the door to the bar was open and as there was a wedding party in it was noisy , drafty and overlooked.
I am very well travelled and I have stayed in a lot of hotels, also an ex rep so I know my standards this was not worth the room rate of £59.00 I have stayed in bigger and nicer premier inn rooms im afraid for £29.00.
We were in the middle of no where and exeter was about 12 miles away not ideal for a young couple.

Room Tip: ask if there is a wedding party on as can be noisey we were block 2 .
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nic1102
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Excellent location for A38 or A30. Ground floor rooms and a motel style layout.
The welcome was warm and friendly. The receptionist was helpful and very efficient.
The room was cosy and the bar food was excellent as was breakfast.
I have already recommended this hotel to friends.
The price was exceptionally good value. Simple booking the day before via the internet.
The service was so much better than many other more expensive "pretentious" hotels.
I shall be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

My Husband and I stayed here for 1 night as we were going to a Wedding reception in Exeter, but had unfortunately left it too late to get a hotel near the reception venue. Be warned if you stay here and want to get a taxi into Exeter - it is very expensive! We spent about £27 to get there and back.

The hotel itself is nice - it reminded me of an American motel. The room was quite small, but had everything we needed and was fairly quiet, although if you are near the entrance doors, you do notice quite a bit of noise from them.

Check in was good - quick and we were given all the information we needed. Breakfast was ok - the food was nice, but it was very busy and the service was a bit poor (we had to wait ages for tea to be served).

In summary, this is a good hotel if you need a stop over - I would not stay here again if I was going to Exeter or for a relaxing weekend near the coast, simply because of the location.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Room very adequate and very comfy bed. Slight problem with the shower leaking at the head. The breakfast was okay but i felt that the ingredients were not of the best quality however for the price paid i am being a little picky. The staff were very good and helpful from all aspects.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennford
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
#11 of 31 in Exeter
Mercure Exeter Southgate Hotel
Clarion Collection Hotel Buckerell Lodge
Best Western Exeter Lord Haldon Country Hotel

Been to Exeter Court Hotel? Share your experiences!