“A lovely place to stay.”
Review of Exeter Court Hotel

Exeter Court Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Kennford
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I was quite impressed with this hotel. It is all on one level in blocks. It is just off of the motorway but has very good double glazing, our sleep wasnt affected by this.There was just a short walk to the reception area, literally 1 minute (less if you are fitter than me lol).One of the thing I thought was an excellent security feature was if you were in room 1 for example you could not get into any of the other units as it had key card access only. The hotel itself was fantastic. The bar and restaurant food was very good. The breakfast had a nice selection of cereals, yogurts and fruit juice and had a choice of brown and white bread for toasting, you could also have a full English with eggs anyway you want. The rooms were very very clean. The housekeeping staff were excellent. As well as your tea and coffee you were left biscuits and you were not left short of milk either. The rooms are all wheelchair friendly, as is the main reception, bar and restaurant. You will be made very welcome. I would be very happy to go back there anytime. The only down side was the beds were all doubles (from what I could see) and with being a bit chunky I would have liked a king. but it wouldn't stop me going back.

Room Tip: I had 2 rooms booked, as I had family with me and once the window are closed you do not here the tra...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stopped at Exeter Court Hotel for 2 nights while on business in Devon and it has it's good and bad points.

Easy parking and nice reception area with friendly staff. Room was clean and tidy if not a little small but that's fine. Wifi was good also. Nice breakfast options and decent breakfast food with again helpful staff.

However, if you're looking for a peaceful nights sleep then this really isn't the place to stay. Every door banging rips through the building and even whispers in the corridor can be heard. We were even more unlucky on the 2nd night as there was a wedding at the hotel. We were kept awake until after 3am by wedding guests. We even had words with some in the corridor and after they apologised it still carried on. Guess the booze overrides short term memory.

Not the hotels fault granted but still an unpleasant experience after busy days.

Sadly, I'm not sure if i'd return.

Room Tip: Ask for blocks without Wedding Guests!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Adam B
Reviewed 13 August 2014

When I book two rooms, one for myself and one for my teenage daughter and I ring beforehand to confirm they are together, I expect them to be together when I arrive. I was simply told nobody put a don't move on them. No attempt to fix the situation so she was in a different block from me. This is not a bad hotel but I can't use again if my child's safety is not taken into consideration.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here for 5 nights while visiting family... It was in a good location for exploring and 1st impressions were good.
Staff were friendly and the reception area was clean and looked lovely.
The room was very clean BUT very small... I had read this on other reviews so I was aware before arrival. There was no space to set down a suitcase and the wardrobe was not big enough for 2 (at least not for 5 nights) we managed to put one suitcase on top of the wardrobe but had to step over the other for the duration of our stay. The weather was good while we were there and thankfully we didn't have bulky or wet jackets to contend with, the only place to put wet gear would have been the bathtub. The only other issue was the hall/bedroom doors, even with the best will in the world nothing would have stopped them from slamming shut... We were fortunate and despite having a wedding taking place while we were there there was not a lot of coming and going at night.
The breakfast was good and again the service was friendly. We would stay again but may need to book a bigger room!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from an outside door... Our window was right beside the door and people tend to...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Excellent value, clean tidy rooms and friendly hard-working staff. Meals in either the restaurant or those in the bar were of good quality and very reasonably priced. Access off the A38 is excellent, though we never did find a straightforward way of re-joining it for the Exeter direction! Inspite of the close proximity of the steep and busy A38, traffic noise was minimal overnight. I'd be more than willing to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We stayed here for 6 nights from the 23rd to the 29th of July, all was good apart from how hot it was at night, there was no air conditioning and we had to sleep on top of the bed with no covers on us. I have nothing bad to say apart from this...impressed with the bathroom and the shower was very good...

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Hotel rooms were lovely, modern and clean. Especially bathrooms. Shower powerful. Breakfast at the hotel was a fail as had to literally chase manager out of the restrurant to place an order.. Bar staff forgetful, charging things to wrong tabs.. All in all a great weekend for my cousins wedding had a fab time! Young man waitering.. Light brown hair very pleasant and attentive especially.

Stayed: August 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennford
Holiday Inn Express Exeter
The Devon Hotel
#3 of 31 in Exeter
Mercure Exeter Rougemont Hotel
Best Western Exeter Lord Haldon Country Hotel

Been to Exeter Court Hotel? Share your experiences!