“Wonderful Celebration”
Review of Park Farm Hotel

Park Farm Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hethersett
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We stayed in April 2014 to celebrate our Pearl Anniversary and had a wonderful Executive Room, which was roomy, comfortable, quiet with double-aspect windows. Food was excellent, and staff service was very good too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back of the hotel are very quiet (some downstairs rooms have their own balcony with tab...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Park Farm Count... h, Guest Relations Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Many thanks for your lovely review after your recent stay with us here at Park Farm Hotel and congratulations on your Pearl Wedding Anniversary! It is lovely to see that you spent such a special and memorable occasion with us.

It sounds as though you were in Room 9 which is an extremely popular room with the double aspect windows as you commented. I am pleased to read that everything was to your satisfaction from the quality of food to service from the staff.

We hope to welcome you back again for your next visit or maybe your Ruby Wedding anniversary.

Kind Regards
Natalie Hood

Write a ReviewReviews (1,191)

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Me and my boyfriend have just got back from park farm hotel and we had the most amazing time!! My mum booked for the spring wine and dine deal for myself and my boyfriend as a surprise for my 18th birthday and I could not have asked for anything better! The deal included a three course meal, an overnight stay in the hotel, breakfast and full use of the leisure facilities.

Both myself and my boyfriend absolutely loved our deluxe hotel room, it was huge with a massive bed, big plasma TV and a lovely bathroom. Everything in the room was modern and clean and had everything we could possibly need in there. We both had a great night sleep in the comfy bed we had :)

Our three course evening meal was really enjoyable and so filling we had more than enough as the portion sizes were all generous! Service was also very quick and we didn't have to wait very long between each meal at all. Breakfast the following morning was more than we could have asked for, the variety was huge and everything was yummy!

The leisure facilities in the hotel were great, we spent lots of time in the swimming pool and jacuzzi on both days while we were at the hotel and felt that we made good use of the facilities. There was a gym above the swimming pool area as well, but we didn't use this so cannot comment on what it was like.

I had a back massage in the spa which was 45 minutes long but I was only charged for 30 minutes due to a mix up with my treatment booking so I was more than happy and my treatment was great!

All in all we had a brilliant time at Park Farm Hotel and will definitely be going back again next time they have another great package deal available. We will be recommending this hotel to all of our family and friends for sure! :)

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room and it was perfect for us :) very big, modern and clean!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Park Farm Count... h, Guest Relations Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Happy 18th Birthday to you! It sounds like you had a splendid time celebrating such a special occasion with us. Well done Mum for the surprise :)

I am pleased to see that your Deluxe room was to your liking, it looks as though you had one of the rooms in the new wing of the hotel which are always very popular. These rooms are very spacious with spectacular views of the colourful Norfolk Countryside.

We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Kind Regards
Natalie Hood

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Was looking for somewhere for a last minute weekend break over the Bank Holiday weekend and found this hotel having a flash sale.
The hotel is in a fantastic location set amongst farmlands. There own grounds are really well maintained with excellent gardens. The room was spacious with plenty of wardrobe and drawer space (not your usual small box of a room)
The evening meal again absolutely delicious. Real quality food. Both food and wine excellent value for money.
To top it off you get free use of the leisure facilities pool, sauna, steam room snd gym. Although we didn't use the gym.
We've discovered a real gem and intend to return again whenever we get a chance for a short break. Less than 2 hours from London but a completely different world.

• Stayed: April 2014
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

John we are encouraged to read such positive feedback from you after your recent night away with us. We agree our rural location is a bonus, but we are still close enough to Norwich so anyone looking to fill their days with shopping and other activities does not have far to travel.

We are pleased to see your intention to return and shall look forward to it.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Great business venue with excellent facilities. Well positioned south of Norwich with good road connection. Lovely grounds with real care and passion shown both to internal decor and landscaped outdoor areas.

Room Tip: Good sized rooms
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 2LloydR

We are glad you didn't find us to be just another faceless accommodation provider. We value all of our customers and try and provide personal attentive service at all times.

Park Farm has an ongoing refurbishment programme and we are especially proud that our gardeners hard work and passion for his profession was evident to you during your break.

We hope you come back and see us when the sun is shining.

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the hotel for a family birthday get together. We had rooms next to each other with an outside seating area which were all very clean, pleasant and comfortable. Even with three children in our room we were quite happy.
We ate dinner in the bar the first evening which was good. Everyone enjoyed their meal.

Breakfast is probably the only area in which I would offer constructive criticism. There seemed to be a shortage of waiting staff. Both mornings at breakfast, we were asked about tea/coffee/toast/extras fairly promptly. We then waited approx 15 minutes for this to arrive. I am sorry but hot drinks and toast should be delivered to the table straight away, it isn't something that you expect to wait for at breakfast. We had eaten our hot food before these appeared!! Other people seemed to be waiting a long time for these items too so its obviously the norm. But I've never come across waiting for tea and coffee in other hotels, it usually is fetched immediately by the waiter. I would say it was overly busy either. One or two extra waiters would have sufficed. That really is my only gripe and its a shame but I do so hate to wait for a cup of tea in the morning - its SO unnecessary.
Dinner was fabulous, enjoyed by all. You might want to expand the kids dinner menu a bit. It is the same as the bar menu and fairly unexciting especially two nights in a row.
Leisure facilities are lovely. We enjoyed them. Husband says you could build a tennis court though possibly!!!!!
Many thanks, would stay again, but with guarantees of a more organised breakfast experience!

• Stayed: April 2014
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

We monitor all guest feedback, and use this to guarantee any issues are dealt with promptly and to ensure the standard of hospitality we aim for is upheld.

I am pleased to read you had such a positive experience with us and are hoping to return. It is certainly not normal practice for guests to be kept waiting for tea and toast in the morning and I am disappointed to find this was the case during your breakfast. Please accept my apologies and assurances that should you stay with us again you would see a marked improvement.

We shall hope your return visit will soon be a reality.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I had stayed at The Park Farm Hotel before, 3 years ago, and had nothing but praise for it; but what a difference this time!
I was travelling alone and was given a room (No 4) that overlooked the back of the hotel and it must have been above the kitchen (?). Anyway there was a constant 'buzz' from a generator, or something similar that actually stopped at 10:30 pm; but restarted at 05:00am!!
The evening meal in the restaurant was good, if not a bit pricey - especially as I was charged for two people! Having sorted that out, I was then charged again the following morning when checking out!!
Having said all that, the Leisure Facilities were excellent and the pool and steam room were very welcome after a long day in traffic jams.

Room Tip: Avoid room 4!!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bob C C
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2014

We appreciate your honest feedback after your recent break away.

I am disappointed to read that you saw a decline in the quality of your stay and surprised to hear of the buzzing noise you encountered in room 4.

We are aware of some issues regarding customer bills and currently have all of our new service staff in an intensive training programme to iron out any of these niggles.

I am pleased to see that you found our leisure facilities excellent and may I take this opportunity to apologise for our shortcomings on this occasion.

We do hope we have the pleasure of your company soon and I would welcome you contacting me directly should you be staying in the area again.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Hotel room:
Dated room at the back which had seen better days (probably in the 80s). Beds very uncomfortable with big dips, kids roll out bed at £15 a night was awful with bars running through it - felt ripped off.

I stay a minimum and pay for 4* hotels for the extras that should bring but this hotel didn't - no robes or slippers, no mini bar, had a powerless shower, noisy hall ways morning and late night.

Leisure centre:
Old enough to remember the Brittas Empire well this is it - pool was cold (two consecutive days), changing room dirty and sauna was mild!

Food:
We had bar food and it was interesting - kids menu was basic and over priced (around £6 for one course) and it was fried everything! The adults meals had a good selection but nothing special very like a Harvester but not priced like that. Drink was at London prices and again an average selection.

Breakfast was ok again not a 4* range of options- an ok hot effort but expertly rationed by the staff who serve the buffet.

Overall:
Average 3* hotel no way a 4* rating which needs to be updated with more than a clean - an investment is the only way. Average at around £130 a night plus extra for kids is way over priced for what wouldn't look out of place on the side of a motorway. I wonder how it is 4.5 on Tripadvisor but I guess that is the opinion of the people who stay there who I would say are not accustomed to 4* hotels.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Park Farm Count... h, Front Office Manager at Park Farm Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Sean we appreciate you taking the time to leave us your thoughts after your recent break away with us.

I was extremely disheartened to read your negative comments regarding nearly all aspects of your stay, and would take this opportunity to offer our thoughts below.

Leisure centre:
I must highlight the pool temperature is regularly monitored and kept within the recommend guideline temperatures, but we will ensure your points are given to our leisure team. As part of our ongoing refurbishment programme the changing rooms are currently being updated. Our leisure centre has over 1000 members who are very happy with the facilities, and I would disagree that it is comparable to the Brittas Empire. We will of course as always take note of your comments.

Hotel room:
All of our family rooms have recently been updated with new throws, sofa beds and a number of other furnishings. These are often our most popular room type with the doors opening onto their own patio and with outside furniture. The setup of the room is explained to guests when booking but I can only apologise if you felt the extra bed for your children was not suitable.

Food:
I am surprised you found no positives from your dining experience. After taking a look at the children's menu, I would agree there is a number of fried dishes, such as scampi, chicken nuggets etc. These do tend to be very popular with children. I must however highlight that the menu does come complete with the options of a roast dinner, lasagne, pasta dishes and the choice of a half portion of the adults menu, which essentially gives a choice of 20+ dishes.

Breakfast:
Breakfast to us is one of the most important times of the day. It is one of the last memories a guest has of their stay and it is paramount to us that they leave feeling relaxed and well prepared for the day ahead. Our breakfast buffet is served by our waiting staff to ensure that guests do not burn themselves and it also mirrors the 4 star service we offer throughout the rest of the hotel. The breakfast is in no way rationed, and should a guest want more they need only ask. If this was not clearly evident it may be something we need to communicate better to our customers.

Park Farm Hotel is continually re-investing in the hotel facilities, with 6 more bedrooms being refurbished this year alone, and plans to re-imagine Tumbrils apartment, we would say the investment never stops.

With over 450 reviews from a mixture of guests many of which are very familiar with 4 star hotel standards I would say our high rating is justified. Our Rosette awarded restaurant, countryside location, spa and leisure facilities are just a few of the features that we feel sets us apart from a hotel on the side of the motorway.

Please accept my apologies that you left us feeling disappointed with your stay and rest assured your feedback shall be used by the management team constructively and to ensure that the standard of hospitality we aim to offer all our guests continually improves.

Michael Bannister

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hethersett
Maids Head Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
St Giles House Hotel
St Giles House Hotel
#10 of 50 in Norwich

Been to Park Farm Hotel? Share your experiences!