“Spa review only”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
norwich
“Spa review only”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent a day here at the spa. This is not a review of the hotel.
The spa is part of the fitness club, so if your expecting tranquillity - don't come here. The pool/changing rooms are also used by hotel guests, public members and children alike. It can therefore be busy and noisy.
The pool is a good size, a bit cold, but very clean. There is a jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room all clean and a good size.
The changing rooms are busy and quite cold (air conditioning was on in November, not quite sure why).
My mother and I both had a facial. There is a small relaxation room where you wait before your treatment. There was a small patio with table and chairs behind a curtain, covered in leaves and generally in need of a good clean (no wonder the curtain was shut).
My therapist was extremely loud and her mannerism made me quite uncomfortable. The treatment rooms are in the corridor which you walk down to get to the changing rooms?!! So therefore during your treatment, there are people walking past your room, doors banging and children talking. NOT relaxing at all.
The facial seemed poor, no hairband was applied,. so all products got in my hair. I opted for a head massage during the facial (option of hand foot or head). The therapist put alot of oil on my hair, and proceeded to PULL my hair, very hard. It was extremely painful! I was so shocked I didn't quite know what to say. there was no massaging involved. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. Afterwards I met up with my mother who said her therapist did the exact same, and it was so awful she had to ask her to stop.
Again after my treatment, the therapist was extremely loud and seemed very false and awkward.

Overall - poor layout of spa.
Very poor head massage
Unprofessional facial/staff
Noisy environment

Dissapointing really, as there is a distinct lack of good spas in Norfolk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ambernectar85
Davina M, Executive Secretary to General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
I would like to apologise that the tranquillity of your spa experience was greatly affected by the volume of visitors utilising the fitness and pool facilities on the day. You have provided enormous feedback with regards to the application of the facial and head massage, which we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. A private message has been sent in addition to this reply requesting your contact telephone number. If you could please indicate a suitable time at your earliest convenience we would truly value this opportunity.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

To celebrate my birthday my girlfriend booked us a suite at sprowston manor.
When we arrived we where greeted by very helpful staff who showed us to our suite. The room was amazing and the bath was HUGE.
The spa was excellent and not over crowded at all. Great visit, can't wait to return

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chatham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

What can I say. My fourth stay at this hotel and as all ways a very pleasant stay good food clean rooms and very helpful staff. Well done keep up the good work and looking forward to my next visit in a couple of weeks time when I take my next passengers to Thursford

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 9 nights on business It's a really nice hotel, well decorated and the staff are very polite and helpful. The rooms are nice with a great shower and complimentary tea and biscuits. The mini bar is available to use as a fridge without worrying about moving things around and the free safety box is a good idea. The restaurant has nice food but a very limited selection so got a bit bored with the lack of choice having eaten there 8 times. There is a separate bar which I think is mainly for golfers so this shuts at 5pm from beginning of November which is a shame because it offers more choice when you are fed up eating in the restaurant. Ate in it once and it was a more relaxed atmosphere. Hotel has a pool and a gym to keep you occupied. Only criticism is the poor internet signal, can't get 3G in the rooms and have to pay for room wifi. It's free in public areas. Overall a nice hotel though.

Room Tip: All rooms are more or less identical. I prefer the 1st floor however.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Pauline B
Bristol United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Where to start with this excellent hotel. Just expect to put on pounds but it's worth it. The menu has such a variety on it that one is spoilt for choice. The breakfast alone had a wonderful assortment of fruit, I couldn't resist the very tasty strawberries, in Nov what a treat. If eggs are your fancy you could have them poached, scrambled, boiled, fried or omelettes with various fillings. Are you getting the message? Well I won't start on the dinner menus. The staff were very helpful and the room was superb. Usually I look forward to returning to my very confortable bed but this one was equally as good and unusually, so were the pillows. A fair way from Bristol but we will be back I hope.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a long weekend whilst visiting my husband who is working in the area. What a lovely place for a relaxing few days. The pool was ideal with a hot tub and childrens pool. A sauna and steam room and a small refreshment area as well as ample relaxing chairs made for an ideal chill time. The icing on the cake was the spa where I indulged in a hot stones massage. Highly recommended!! Our queen size room was on the 1st floor and was clean and comfortable with a sofa bed for relaxing and watching tv. The hotel staff were informative, friendly and extremely helpful. We ate one evening in Zest the golf club restaurant adjacent to the main hotel and had a pleasant and reasonably priced meal, although the service was a little slow. Our main meals were in the hotel and were delicious. The breakfast offered everything you could want and the evening meal a varied and plentiful selection. My husband is still there and I am extremely jealous. A wonderful place for a chill time, spa for the ladies whilst the menfolk play golf, ideal. Only one gripe and that is having to pay for WIFI in your room slthough public areas are free. Hotels in the vicinity where we stayed previously, offered free WIFI and were not as expensive.

Room Tip: We had a room at the back of the hotel and it was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!