“Best Marriott Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Leyburn, North Yorkshire
“Best Marriott Hotel”
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, when visiting the Thursford Christmas Spectacular. I could not fault this hotel in any way. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I was more than satisfied with all my meals. The staff were excellent and some even remembered me fro my previous visit. I take many coach holidays and this is by far the best Marriott hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Although I have a sleep problem. I was not disturbed on either of my visits
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the second year running for my husbands work Christmas party, was a fantastic night. The hotel staff are very friendly, and are always on hand for anything you want. We didn't use the pool/spa or gym facilities. But they looked very nice. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious. Although we could hear the marquee party still going on till late, but it's Christmas, so to be expected. We went for breakfast next morning quite early, which there was plenty to choose from, a really lovely choice of food, one of the best we've experienced, but where my issues are. The tea was awful, I feel one tea bag in a pot you could get 2 or more cups from is not great, or the water was not hot enough to diffuse the tea. And the worst thing for me was I was still eating toast from my side plate , my main plate was empty and my husband had finished, when the waiter decided to clear my husbands plate and my own away from me, while still eating, a big no no in my book of table manners. Especially as this happened last time we stayed here, and I'd forgot to until it happened again, from a lovely hotel like this I don't expect this. Overall a lovely place though. And I would go back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Melirich
maidstone, kent. uk
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night as we were going to the Thursford Christmas Spectacular which was fantastic.
Staff in all areas of this hotel were very pleasant and helpful. Rooms very clean, only one small niggle no fan controls for the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2013
Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Had the most amazing relaxing time. Has to be the best hotel stayed in the uk. Food was amazing and all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Big thank you and will definitely be returning. Must say garbor in the restaurant was so friendly and helpful. As a travel agent will be recommending this hotel to all my clients.

Stayed December 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Lovely relaxing venue - only interrupted by over excited ducks in the grounds!! And talking about the grounds, they are lovely, you can imagine people of olde gliding around, (it was only spoilt by the golfers!!!) All the staff, without exception were welcoming, efficient and seeming as though they really wanted to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite........so be polite and you never know your luck!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
norwich
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Spent a day here at the spa. This is not a review of the hotel.
The spa is part of the fitness club, so if your expecting tranquillity - don't come here. The pool/changing rooms are also used by hotel guests, public members and children alike. It can therefore be busy and noisy.
The pool is a good size, a bit cold, but very clean. There is a jacuzzi, sauna, and steam room all clean and a good size.
The changing rooms are busy and quite cold (air conditioning was on in November, not quite sure why).
My mother and I both had a facial. There is a small relaxation room where you wait before your treatment. There was a small patio with table and chairs behind a curtain, covered in leaves and generally in need of a good clean (no wonder the curtain was shut).
My therapist was extremely loud and her mannerism made me quite uncomfortable. The treatment rooms are in the corridor which you walk down to get to the changing rooms?!! So therefore during your treatment, there are people walking past your room, doors banging and children talking. NOT relaxing at all.
The facial seemed poor, no hairband was applied,. so all products got in my hair. I opted for a head massage during the facial (option of hand foot or head). The therapist put alot of oil on my hair, and proceeded to PULL my hair, very hard. It was extremely painful! I was so shocked I didn't quite know what to say. there was no massaging involved. I couldn't get out of there quick enough. Afterwards I met up with my mother who said her therapist did the exact same, and it was so awful she had to ask her to stop.
Again after my treatment, the therapist was extremely loud and seemed very false and awkward.

Overall - poor layout of spa.
Very poor head massage
Unprofessional facial/staff
Noisy environment

Dissapointing really, as there is a distinct lack of good spas in Norfolk.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank ambernectar85
Davina M, Executive Secretary to General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.
I would like to apologise that the tranquillity of your spa experience was greatly affected by the volume of visitors utilising the fitness and pool facilities on the day. You have provided enormous feedback with regards to the application of the facial and head massage, which we would greatly appreciate the opportunity to discuss further with you. A private message has been sent in addition to this reply requesting your contact telephone number. If you could please indicate a suitable time at your earliest convenience we would truly value this opportunity.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

To celebrate my birthday my girlfriend booked us a suite at sprowston manor.
When we arrived we where greeted by very helpful staff who showed us to our suite. The room was amazing and the bath was HUGE.
The spa was excellent and not over crowded at all. Great visit, can't wait to return

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Dunston Hall
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!