“Perfect Wedding at Sprowston Manor”

Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Reviewed 24 December 2013

After quite a thorough search in Norfolk we chose Sprowton Manor for our wedding in November 2013 and it lived up and exceeded our expectations. Firsly, the venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Old Manor with elegant and original interior and the quality and style of Marriott best hotels. It is absolutely beautiful and there are many original features that you will want to have on your photographs. As our wedding started at 4pm on November evening, the dusk soon gave a way to the night but it was magical nontheless. There is plenty of room for photos inside and we had a couple of photos done outside of the main entrance and by the fountain. All looked lovely! The rooms are fantastic - clean, with big comfortable beds, the bathrooms in rooms are lovely, modern, clean and functionable and up to very high standards. I was getting ready in my parents room which was a standard twin room and it was as lovely as our four poster room, only a little bit smaller. I am very fussy about the hotels but rooms in Sprowston Manor are definitely to my liking.

The wedding and banqueting staff who helped us with all the arrangements were absolutely brilliant - special thanks to Sarah and Paul - who were just absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. Having them helping with the arrangements made our lives so much easier. And they listened and fulfilled all of our even smallest requests.

Our wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast rooms were perfect and service was impeccable. All was running smooth and just as you would want to. The food is absolutely delish and all our guests commented how nice it was.

My family and most of our guests stayed there for night or two-nights and the breakfast is the best full english buffet breakfast I have ever had in the hotels.

I could go on for ages, but simply put, it was the perfect wedding for us and many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they have been to. So if you have an eye on this venue, don't doubt! Go for it and enjoy it splendor!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,087)

Reviewed 23 December 2013

We stayed here for the weekend early November .everything was first class .we had a very nice room overlooking the golf course, the room was big and very clean. The food in the restaurant was very good both breakfast and dinner served by lovely staff. My husband had a golf lesson while I went to the spa. He was very pleased with his lesson and I loved my spa treatments. All the staff were excellent.I felt a bit sorry for the receptionist when we arrived as she was extremely busy and I think there had been a few late check outs and some of the rooms were not ready but we did not have to wait long for our room . Our whole stay was very relaxing. Would love to return very soon.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 December 2013

This was my second visit to this hotel, when visiting the Thursford Christmas Spectacular. I could not fault this hotel in any way. The rooms were clean and comfortable. I was more than satisfied with all my meals. The staff were excellent and some even remembered me fro my previous visit. I take many coach holidays and this is by far the best Marriott hotel I have stayed in.

Room Tip: Although I have a sleep problem. I was not disturbed on either of my visits
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the second year running for my husbands work Christmas party, was a fantastic night. The hotel staff are very friendly, and are always on hand for anything you want. We didn't use the pool/spa or gym facilities. But they looked very nice. Our room was lovely, clean and spacious. Although we could hear the marquee party still going on till late, but it's Christmas, so to be expected. We went for breakfast next morning quite early, which there was plenty to choose from, a really lovely choice of food, one of the best we've experienced, but where my issues are. The tea was awful, I feel one tea bag in a pot you could get 2 or more cups from is not great, or the water was not hot enough to diffuse the tea. And the worst thing for me was I was still eating toast from my side plate , my main plate was empty and my husband had finished, when the waiter decided to clear my husbands plate and my own away from me, while still eating, a big no no in my book of table manners. Especially as this happened last time we stayed here, and I'd forgot to until it happened again, from a lovely hotel like this I don't expect this. Overall a lovely place though. And I would go back.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melirich
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night as we were going to the Thursford Christmas Spectacular which was fantastic.
Staff in all areas of this hotel were very pleasant and helpful. Rooms very clean, only one small niggle no fan controls for the bathroom.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 9 December 2013 via mobile

Had the most amazing relaxing time. Has to be the best hotel stayed in the uk. Food was amazing and all of the staff very friendly and helpful. Big thank you and will definitely be returning. Must say garbor in the restaurant was so friendly and helpful. As a travel agent will be recommending this hotel to all my clients.

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Lovely relaxing venue - only interrupted by over excited ducks in the grounds!! And talking about the grounds, they are lovely, you can imagine people of olde gliding around, (it was only spoilt by the golfers!!!) All the staff, without exception were welcoming, efficient and seeming as though they really wanted to make my stay as enjoyable as possible.

Room Tip: I was upgraded to a suite........so be polite and you never know your luck!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Maids Head Hotel
18 mi away
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#1 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!