“Another quality staycation.”

Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Sprowston
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Spent a lovely week (Monday to Friday) here in January, not the first by us, and I can really recommend it. The hotel is in a good location, and the service by the staff here was top notch, with always a friendly welcome, the hotel itself very clean and well maintained. The Spa and Swimming Pool, albeit busy at times, were always spotless.

The room was very nice, large and well cleaned each day. The only negatives I would have is the cost of internet - £15 per 24 hours and something I would expect to be offered free these days, and the mattress is probably due to be replaced.

Otherwise another perfect stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,101)

Reviewed 19 January 2014

An excellent hotel, wonderful food, friendly and helpful staff, with great rooms. Could not be faulted in anyway.

We have stayed here before many years ago and the improvement is amazing. Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I took my Mum and Dad here for the night as a Christmas present. The rooms were comfy, clean and of a very high standard. It was really quiet as well in our room-we did not hear anyone else in the hotel all night or in the morning which meant we slept really well. There was a lovely fire in the bar and the waiters took our after dinner coffees to the area in front of it and set out 4 chairs round it. A really special touch. My mum is very ill although we told no one and touches like that are what makes this hotel a cut above the rest. The bar staff were also very friendly and chatted to us about where we were visiting on our holiday. The breakfast was buffet with everything breakfasty you could possibly think of-we had nothing else to eat all day after it! Altogether a first class effort. Thank you all so much.

Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

I must admit, my partner and I were impressed by The Sprowston Manor Hotel.
We had a garden room with doors leading to a courtyard where it was permitted for us to smoke(!)
The room was well appointed and the bed was huge and very comfortable.
The breakfast was huge! We were stuffed!
Book ahead if you would like a spa treatment... I went there on a whim and they were fully booked. The pool area looked clean and tidy.
Hotel is beautifully set in picturesque grounds, with a long driveway leading from the main road which adds a certain grandeur to the hotel entrance. We were pleased to find plentiful parking too.
I would certainly look to return next time we are in the area.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Have just returned after a 3 night break in between Christmas and New Year. On our arrival on the 27th December, we were initially greeted by a rather condescending and abrupt receptionist (unfortunately I do not remember her name). However the Hotel speaks for itself, the rooms are very comfortable and welcoming and you feel relaxed the minute you arrive. This is our second time staying here and it wont be the last. During the early hours of Sunday morning I needed assistance from the night receptionist she was amazing and very helpful and when I saw her the following evening in the bar she remembered my earlier issue and checked that all was well. We ate in the restaurant and the food was very good although the service was slow, but I appreciate this was a very busy time for the staff.
We will definitely be returning.

Room Tip: We had two rooms as had two teenagers with us, both were excellent.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Davina M, PA to General Manager at Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the hotel and the bedrooms and we are pleased that you felt relaxed during your stay.

We appreciate your feedback and would like to apologise for the check in experience and we will be reviewing this to ensure that improvement is made.

We are very pleased that you plan to return to the hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back with your family in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

We booked this as a post-Christmas break. Beautiful hotel with a lovely setting. Breakfast was excellent and the bed was really comfy! We would highly recommend it.

A few niggles:
- we'd booked a room that was supposed to have bathrobes in- it didn't. However, we called reception and they were supplied promptly.
- there were no spaces for dinner reservations at the restaurant!!
- the room was very warm- this was just about bearable now (December), but I'm not sure if the lack of air conditioning would be an issue in the summer?
- we also wonder if our hospitality tray hadn't been replenished- the only drink options were English Breakfast Tea, coffee and decaf coffee. It would've been nice to have hot chocolate/ herbal teas as another option.

Overall though, we had a lovely time and will return.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 December 2013

After quite a thorough search in Norfolk we chose Sprowton Manor for our wedding in November 2013 and it lived up and exceeded our expectations. Firsly, the venue itself is absolutely gorgeous. Old Manor with elegant and original interior and the quality and style of Marriott best hotels. It is absolutely beautiful and there are many original features that you will want to have on your photographs. As our wedding started at 4pm on November evening, the dusk soon gave a way to the night but it was magical nontheless. There is plenty of room for photos inside and we had a couple of photos done outside of the main entrance and by the fountain. All looked lovely! The rooms are fantastic - clean, with big comfortable beds, the bathrooms in rooms are lovely, modern, clean and functionable and up to very high standards. I was getting ready in my parents room which was a standard twin room and it was as lovely as our four poster room, only a little bit smaller. I am very fussy about the hotels but rooms in Sprowston Manor are definitely to my liking.

The wedding and banqueting staff who helped us with all the arrangements were absolutely brilliant - special thanks to Sarah and Paul - who were just absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. Having them helping with the arrangements made our lives so much easier. And they listened and fulfilled all of our even smallest requests.

Our wedding ceremony and wedding breakfast rooms were perfect and service was impeccable. All was running smooth and just as you would want to. The food is absolutely delish and all our guests commented how nice it was.

My family and most of our guests stayed there for night or two-nights and the breakfast is the best full english buffet breakfast I have ever had in the hotels.

I could go on for ages, but simply put, it was the perfect wedding for us and many of our guests said that it was the best wedding they have been to. So if you have an eye on this venue, don't doubt! Go for it and enjoy it splendor!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sprowston
Maids Head Hotel
Barnham Broom
Barnham Broom
#1 of 1 in Barnham Broom
Holiday Inn Norwich City

Been to Sprowston Manor Marriott Hotel & Country Club? Share your experiences!