US$124
US$89
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
2,957 results
All reviewsgolf courseterrace bardeluxe roomspa breakevening meallovely groundsmain barsteam roomleisure facilitiesfour posterplay golfnight breakpark and ridebirthday treatshort breaklovely roombiscuits
Reviewed 14 April 2011

Driving up the beautiful tree lined approach this hotel is everything it says it the blurb, fantastic to look at-even our teenagers said 'Wow'. Check in was fine even though we had to change our room the view from the window was of a brick wall. This was done with no fuss and we even had a free upgrade. Staff were all lovely- friendly, knowledgable and courteous. However, we found the food pretty much not up to the standard we expected. We opted for the carvery that came included with our room rate. There were 3 (cold) starters and a soup. None of which looked appetising, especially as the platters were almost empty! The carvery was nice but the desserts were again disappointing- dont know where the gateau came from but I work for a well known frozen food company and I wouldnt be surprised if thats where they got it from. On the basis that we got what we paid for we decided not to say anything. Unfortunately we couldnt do the same the next morning when we got sausages with fluff and bacon with a big thick black hair on it. The excuse given was that it was a bit of mushroom. Ever heard of a hairy mushroom? No, we havent either. Also, as this is a 4 star hotel we found it a bit offputting that we had to serve ourselves and not table service. Having said all this, the hotel is spotless, very good facilities and good staff and we would stay again but on a room only basis. Norwich Park & Ride only two minted drive away so great location too.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cazzaEssex
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - Feedback of this nature is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer. I was please to hear your comments about the hotel rooms and staff.

I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your dining experiences during your stay with us. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily if you would like to e-mail your contact details so I can contact you please do so on paul.murfitt@devere-hotels.com.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Paul Murfitt
Director of Food and Beverage

Reviewed 14 April 2011

this hotel is very clean and tidy, breakfast was very good,and the chef helpful, rooms are spacious, tv fairly old needs lcd ones, check out ,i had paid for two nights with dinner one night, so spring promotion £209, when I received the bill it stated £80 owing, they had charged for standard rate ,It is things like that create bad feelings,some one in the accounts department needs to get a grip? would I go again Yes, this was my second visit,it is value for money,ps waitress daydre very helpful.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2011

Very welcoming staff and lovely building set in attractive countryside. The room was in the old part of the hotel and rather quirky but very comfortable and lots of space. The food in the carvery is delicious and inexpensive. I would highly recommend the hotel to other travellers. Pillows on the bed a bit hard!

Room Tip: Joint the loyalty scheme; the rewards are great!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay with us. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily if you would like to e-mail your contact details so I can contact you please do so on david.graham@devere-hotels.com.

David Graham
Operations Manager

Reviewed 20 March 2011

I've stayed here twice, both lads weekends; the first stay didn't work out at all well, and the Hotel offered a complimentary return visit. The return visit was less traumatic but in reality, it's a functional hotel which just happens to make use of a stately home. It's one of those hotels which is just too big. The dining rooms are reminscent of a school canteen. Completely impersonal.The golf course is passable, and the swimming pool/sauna is fine. Nice billiard table in the golf clubhouse. Dunston Hall is alright for a lads weekend and a round or two of golf but I'd have to be out of my mind to contemplate taking my other half there. With so many golf hotels to choose from, I wouldn't return here.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2011

Only stayed for one night, but overall really enjoyed the stay. I paid £79 for a standard double with no breakfast. This hotel represented much better value than your standard chain hotels etc. Negative points are quite small: Finding you way around is a bit confusing. The bunker bar seems to shut for food at 4 PM. TV's are out of date and provide a only a small quantity of channels with poor reception, mobile phone reception is very poor ( not the hotels fault, but when your on a business trip, it's very important). Unable to get the in room Internet to work.It would have been nice to have a bottle of water in the room. Positive points include: very nice size room, quiet location, outstanding food (terrace
bar), good levels of customer
service. Easy check out.
I will be staying there next month.

• Stayed: March 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

We are currently reviewing the situation with our TV's and hope to have them upgraded in the next few months. We are planning to improve our internet access in bedrooms by changing to a wireless provider in the comming months to remove this issue.

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to see you at the hotel in the near future.

David Graham