US$124
Stracey Hotel(Norwich)
US$89
  • Breakfast included
2,959 results
All reviewsgolf courseterrace bardeluxe roomspa breakevening meallovely groundsmain barsteam roomleisure facilitiesfour posterplay golfnight breakpark and ridebirthday treatshort breaklovely roombiscuits
Reviewed 30 May 2011

We have had a really good weekend, the hotel was busy which we loved, some hotels are like museums, no atmosphere but dunston hall was great, we eat in the carvery, the staff were really helpful and the dinner and breakfast first class.we were a bit worried about bar prices, as a friend had frightened us a out how expensive it was, but to be honest it wasn't much different to a pub.

1  Thank Joolschap
Reviewed 29 May 2011

Stayed one night for a golf trip. Bedroom ok but the glasses in the bathroom absolutely filthy, kettle in room never been descaled, I'm sorry but these are basic things and not good enough for a devere hotel. Bar prices different between golf club and hotel bar and I mean significantly. Shambles at reception when checking in, when you walk past members of staff they don't acknowledge you.

Golf course has potential to be very good with some nice holes, fairways in a terrible state although some of that down to dry weather.

Would I travel from North Wales to come again.......... I doubt it, just not good enough I'm afraid.

1  Thank Theonlywelshdt
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - Feedback of this nature is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay with us. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily if you would like to e-mail your contact details so I can contact you please do so on david.graham@devere-hotels.com.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2011

Having stayed for many a nice meal over the years we were invited to a recent wedding in the Eaton Sweet.

A premium price is normally paid for the privledge and whilst the food was good a number of small errors hindered the experience for the bride and groom.

1) Incorrect bride name spelt on the menus
2) Incorrect date of the wedding on the menus
3) Naming plates not inlarged
4) Unfinished guest drinks removed whilst attending photo line-ups (although were replaced after raising with bar staff)
5) Missing a table for toasting drinks for critical speechs (inc the loss of grooms father)

The greating on arrival was good and the food was piping hot and served well.

The hotel does not take card in this suite thus we had to go back to the main bar for top-ups.

School boy errors by some junior staff cost a spotless experience, in the age of cost cutting I question where the line is for the one of the biggest days of your life.

Drinks are at a premium and ensure the lager is up to stratch when purchasing.

The hotel needs a bit of revamp in some areas although the main restraurant is very plush.

Suites are good from previous experience (although cutlery was missing on breakfasts arrival)

Overall - Sunday roast / one off romantic stay = Excellent value
Weddings - Avoid as you may not be the only bride and attention to detail sadly lacking

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 May 2011

hen party weekend staff were very helpfull,food and resturant was of a high standard as were our rooms,we booked for a spa weekned we found ourselves with watery and stingy eyes from the clorine,which we reported and staff were very helpfull in sorting this out.Would recomend.

Room Tip: in the new part of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank teresawright001

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I was sorry to hear about your stinging eyes experience from the pool - I hope that this was dealt with to your satisfaction at the time. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to see you at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2011

stayed here mid may, 55 people in total over fri. sat and sun. from the moment we arrived we were made welcome by all of the staff. great lunch at bunkers bar while some played golf.great rooms for all of party thanks to Fiona Bovil. fri.eve carvery excellent beef , gammon and turkey with veg, good selection of starters and desserts.first class breakfast selection. sat eve banquet in sunningdale suite great location with private patio overlooking golf course.many thanks to all the staff in dining rooms, bunkers bar and main bar.hope to see you all soon Peter/ Val L.O.F. 5916

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.