“Excellent Short Break”
Review of Dunston Hall

Reviewed 26 October 2011

We stayed at Dunston Hall on Sunday 23 and Monday 24 October taking advantage of a 'special offer' in a standard room which we found to be excellent value. The hotel and surroundings are impressive and we were very happy with the standard king room which was spacious, well kept and quiet. We enjoyed the carvery menu in the evening and the breakfast selection was varied and tasty. Without exception the staff were pleasant and helpful and we would highly recommend this hotel for anyone staying in the Norwich area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - Feedback of this nature is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.

Reviewed 24 October 2011

This was a surprise Mid-pregnancy treat for a long weekend relaxing at Dunston Hall from my husband.

On arrival at the venue we received a warm and friendly welcome, the room was spacious and clean, our room had a patio which was a very welcome added bonus. it was a very quiet room.

The spa and leisure facilities were as you would expect for a De Vere hotel.

We ate in the brassiere the staff were attentive without being over bearing, and the menu catered for all tastes and the lounge bar was great if you fancy a bit of High Tea.

Im looking forward to returning in the not so distant future.

Room Tip: we had a Deluxe double room - with a patio.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - your feedack is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you at the hotel in the near future. I would also like to wish you the very best of luck with your pregnancy and hope you coma back to the hotel once your baby is born for a relaxing break.

Reviewed 23 October 2011

Stayed here on a special offer when visiting Norwich. Although on a "special offer" we had our standard room upgraded. The swimming pool was available to us, as I think was the Gym. The room a Deluxe King was fantastic. We ate at the carvery which again was excellent. The staff were also excellent. Overall this is one of the best hotels in the UK I have stayed in, and will definately be staying here again. Absolutely no negatives at all.

Room Tip: Deluxe King room was great

Dear Sir / Madam,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor and for posting some new pictures - your feedback is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to see you at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 17 October 2011

I would like to take this opportunity to say that the Staff at Dunston Hall went the extra mile to make our stray more relaxing. WELL DONE ALL AT DUNSTON HALL

Room Tip: Our room on the 2nd floor was quiet.

Dear Duncan,

Many thanks for your review of our hotel on Trip Advisor - Your feedback is very important to us at the hotel as without it we cannot improve the service levels that we offer.
I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and were able to relax, I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.

Reviewed 15 October 2011

We have just had a short stay at Dunston Hall, Norwich and would like to say how very impressed we were with our visit. From the reception to the restaurant the service was excellent as was the food. Our room was very comfortable and met all our needs and we very much appreciated the biscuits with our well stocked tea/coffee tray.

Reviewed 8 October 2011

This was our first stay at Dunston Hall for a few days break, When we booked in, the receptionist noticed i had difficulty walking and changed our room to one nearer the facilities, the same thing happened when we went down for breakfast, we were seated near the food, i was genuinely touched by the staff's thoughtfulness. A truly lovely hotel in beautiful surroundings with helpful, friendly staff. We will definitely visit again

Dear Christina,

I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us and that my team were able to look after you. I hope that when you are in the Norwich area again you will consider staying at Dunston Hall.

Reviewed 5 October 2011

We stayed here at the weekend to celebrate my daughters 18th. She had chosen the hotel because of the spa and the photos on the internet looked amazing but sadly some clever photography had made the spa look a lot more inviting and considerably larger. The pool area is very tired and was not that inviting. On this occassion the steam room was out of action too.

The bedrooms were large & very clean and the room rate was very good £69.00 (booked via booking.com).

We ate in the fine dinning restaraunt & this is very overated - the menu was limited & very pretentious, but sadly the service and food did not live up to the fine dinning label. Three of our party ordered the beef (medium rare) and it came out dry & well done - two of use decided to send it back & it took 25 mins to get a replacement, by this time we were past eating and although it was removed from the bill it spoilt the evening.

Breakfast was good and there was a huge selection. If you like golf then I am sure this is a great hotel as the grounds are lovely but if you are looking for a spa break don't bother.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Chapmanberkshire

Dear Sir / Madam,

I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed elements of your stay with us. I would be delighted to speak with you in more depth should you wish to do so. I am available at the hotel daily if you would like to e-mail your contact details so I can contact you please do so on david.graham@devere-hotels.com.

Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to speak to you in the near future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Holy Cross
The Old Rectory Hotel
The Old Rectory Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
Holiday Inn Norwich City

Been to Dunston Hall? Share your experiences!