Dunston Hall
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
2,932 results
All reviewsgolf courseterrace bardeluxe roomspa breakevening meallovely groundsmain barsteam roomleisure facilitiesfour posterplay golfnight breakpark and ridebirthday treatshort breaklovely roombiscuits
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Stayed at Dunston Hall for 3 day Xmas break.
Extremely enjoyable and good value,particularly when we considered that the price included a gift box of 'smellies ' each and a trip to the pantomime in Norwich.
The staff were friendly and efficient and food was of a generally good quality.
I would certainly consider a return this year ,probably as a golfing break.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2012

Dear Roger,
Many thanks for your feedback on the hotel. Christmas at the hotel is always a fun time to be here. I know I enjoy it every year, in particular the Pantomime which is always great fun in Norwich. I do hope to see you again next year for their showing of Aladin!! I cant wait.
Kindest regards and Happy New Year.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

We only live 45 mins away from this lovely venue but had never stayed there or visited before. We will not make that mistake again:) The surroundings are wonderful, the hotel divine and the staff delightful. Our room was lovely and the meal and entertainment excellent. Will recommend to all I know and cant wait to return.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends

Dear Jean, many thaks for your feedback about the event you attened at the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed it. I know the Christmas Parties this year at Dunston have been very busy and many of the guests have had a great time. The Band and the DJ's have worked very hard to keep the dance floors full. I do hope you will come back to the hotel in the near future.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 1 January 2012

Great room, friendly helpful staff, lovely breakfast selection, what more could you ask for.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank georgesmumNorfolk

Thank you Georgesmumnorfolk for your feedback on the hotel. I was delighted to ready that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you will come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 31 December 2011

Impressive, imposing, massive Victorian property standing in substantial grounds and accessed via its wide tree-lined drive. Very conveniently located just outside Norwich on the road to Ipswich (SatNav delivers you to the front door). Many attractions/amenities - that we were unfortunately unable to try because of our advancing years age. Very comfortable room/suite. The gratuitous bottle of bubbly found in our room on arrival was an unexpected treat. Very good breakfast buffet completed our booking terms - we were visiting friends so we did not partake of the various evening dining options. First time at this particular De Vere hotel - it will not be our last!

Room Tip: Elect for a room in the main body of the hotel - less far to walk to reception, dining facilities, bar etc.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your feedback about the hotel. I was delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope you managed to pick up some bargins in the Norwich Sales I know I did. I hope that when you are next in the Norwich area you are able to come and visit us and take advantage of some of the facilities you were not able to use on this trip.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Having paid £25 each for our Christmas Party on 15 December 2011 we went anticipating a great meal - at least a carvery as Dunston Hall trades on their carvery reputation - we actually were surprised to see the romm, which was far too crowded, set up for a buffett. Oh Well we thought it will probably be something really nice and having not had anything to eat since lunchtime we were looking forward to it. When it was served we saw some very sparsely spaced trays with bland things on them. When getting food we found there was no labelling so vegetarians had to wait and ask others what was actually there. There were GREEN fajitos with a terrible cream cheese filling or plain tuna filling all on the same tray. There was one tray with beef slices on french bread - no pickles, mustards, horseradish etc. Yorkshire puddings with a bit of stuffing in them???? No gravy. Large chipolatas sausages which had a stick stuck in them lengthwise and cranberry sauce wiped over them! French bread pieces with sliced stuffing laid on them!!!!! Everything was on french bread - no salads, not even pasta salad which would have been more stodge anyway. When a tray of filo parcels came out I managed to get two which were lovely and thee were some samosas which I didn't manage to get, but both were oh so similar to a famous stores party snacks. At least they were warm and this was the ONLY warm food we had! The trays were never re-filled once gone so if you did not show your greedy side you did not even get a chance to try any of the grotty selection. Not enought food for approximately 50+ guests. There was no drink to greet us with, not even one bottle of wine on the table and the bar had only one choice of red wine and charged £5.80 for a large glass! Bar staff surly. The only good thing about the evening were the DJs who played some decent music which consequently made the minute dance are too small! I was warned about the food as my boss refused to go because she had experienced it several times when having to go to functions with her husband. She said it would be grim and she was correct!

Room Tip: Make sure you know what food is going to be provided for your party - you need to check the food will be sufficient, and of a standard you know your party will like.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Maureen D

Many thanks for your feedback on your recent visit to the hotel for your Christmas Party. I was disapointed to hear that you had not enjoyed the evening. I know our conference and events team have spoken with the organisor for the event and she was happy with what had been provided. I am happy to discuss this in more detail with you should you wish to do so then I am available at the hotel daily on 01508470444 or you can email me on david.graham@devere-hotels.com
Once again many thanks for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.
Regards