“Excellent Excellent Excellent!”
Review of Dunston Hall

Dunston Hall
Reviewed 21 July 2012

My wife and I have recently stayed at De vere Dunston Hall.
Everything was excellent, food, breakfast to die for and plenty of it! Deluxe rooms are excellent with french doors over looking golf coarse, what a view. Plenty of free car parking.
Would recommend, swiming pool was excellent as well.

Room Tip: Stay in a deluxe room.
1  Thank 232roy
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Hi Roy,
Many thanks for yoru review I was delighted to ready that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I know the dleuxe rooms are very popular and the beds are extremely comfortable. I do hope that the next time you are looking for a break you will considder coming back to us.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I would certainly recommend dunston hall to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend. The staff were all very polite and helpful and made us feel like royalty from start to finish. Although the prices seem steep, you do get what you pay for. The grounds are gorgeous and would be very interested in having a wedding there. Food was excellent, especially the wide range of choice at breckfast. Room was clean and cosy, we were particularly impressed with our view considering it was a standed room we were in. We spent a long time in the spa area. Overall great stay and cannot wait to hopefully stay again soon :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank claire4444

Dear Claire,
Many thanks for your review - I was really pleased to see that you had enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I do hope you will considder Dunston for your wedding and we will be delighted to help you with that.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 July 2012

Perhaps the hotel was too busy, perhaps staff were on holiday, perhaps there were too many male only golf parties, perhaps it was the distraction of a wedding, I'm trying to make excuses for what should be a lovely hotel in a lovely location. There was no porter to help with bags, the room was comfortable but badly in need of a renovation, there was only one set of towels in the bathroom, no tissues, no glasses. In a bar for an early evening drink, I was not allowed to sign for drinks without the room card, the carvery was disappointing, both for service and quality of food, a medium rare steak came well done, the fruit served at breakfast was tinned and the morning we ordered breakfast in the room for two, the English breakfast and the scrambled eggs on toast came on one plate. Mentioning this to the reception staff brought an abrupt "complain to the manager".

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2012

Dear Paul,
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. I am sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I can see from your review that almost every aspect was poor. I am particularly disapointed with the response you received from the reception team as this seems out of charactor for them. They would normally acknowledge your feedback then offer to get the duty manager to come and see you to discuss the issue with you before you leave the hotel.
I would be delighted to discuss your issues with you in more depth should you wish to do so - I can be contacted daily on 01508470444 or can be emailed at david.graham1502@devere-hotels.com.
Once again many thanks for yoru review and I look forward to speaking with you in the next few days.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

A lovely hotel in a beautiful setting. Its totally worth the additional amount to secure a suite. The views are fabulous overlooking the golf course and the surrounding fields. First impressions as you enter along the drive... Elizabethan granduer awaits! The reception staff handle the pressure well, a viery busy period explaining to each guest the facilities etc. Really impressed, the bar staff very knowledgeable and friendly. Room service delivered hot and within the quoted time frame. Great access to the road networks yet peaceful so as not to be disturbed a truly wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: July 2012

Many thanks for reviewing the hotel - I was pleased to read that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I know getting room service to a bedroom hot in a large hotel can be challenge for the team given the distance you have to cover however it would appear we have this in hand.
I will pass on your feedback to the team. I do hope that you will come back to Dunston Hall when you are next in the Norwich area.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

HI good gerneally. But could be better! Great location,great golf course and ball room! rooms confy two large beds. lovely bathroom. But shame servery was awkward thru some table areas causing seats to get food on! we felt in the way! Also noice from the integral bar meant we couldnt hear the Auction or speaches! the mobile door could have been semi placed back to block the noise! Servery manager did try and relsove the issues. She was very thorough and efficient! Some area around the outside of the hotel could do with sprucing. BUt pool and spa area great fro chilling out! Loads of parking!

Room Tip: Ask not for a car park view! Ask to be overlooking the golf course!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends

Many thanks for reviewing the hotel I was pleased to read that generally you had enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed your feedback on to the team about the bar issues in the Sunningdale Suite. I know that the team worked hard on the night to keep disruption to a minimum.
Once again many thanks for your review

Never been here before, was my 18th wedding anniversay surprise,
1 staff made you welcome, friendy helpful, and efficient
2 Good location, beautiful grounds and scenary, over looked there own golf fareway,
3 Nothing wrong with room, quiet , clean comfortable, had a fan and air con if needed,
4 Breakfast was great, WIDE VARIETY TO CHOOSE FROM, and they do a carvery everyday of the week ,book for dinner on arrival, as can be busy ,finish serving dinner about 930, in the evening ,lovely,
5 Pool and changing rooms clean, surplied towel, and spinner for costumes after,
6 Would definatley save up and stay there again,

Room Tip: we just aske for a quieter area, was fine, big hotel to accomodate ones needs, no problem

Dear Julia,
Many thanks for reviewing the hotel. I am so pleased that you had a great anniversary break with us. We are aware that people will often choose our hotel for such breaks and we will always try our best to make the occasion as special as we can for them.
I do hope that you will come back to the hotel in the near future perhaps next year for your anniversary.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

My son Paul and daughters law ColleenWalker got married at the weekend and had the reception at dunston hall what a wonderful time we had 66 rooms were booked by all the wedding guest not one person had a complaint only praise for the service we received wonderful food fantastic wedding reception they made there whole wedding weekend exceptional thank you dunston hall would highly recommend people use them would love to go back again

Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

Dear Tricia,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was delighted to read that everything had gone well for your son's wedding. At Dunston Hall we pride ourselves on the way we look afer our weddings as they are a really important part of what we do. I am sure that the team will be delighted with the feedback as it encourages them to carry on doing what they do so well.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Holy Cross
#1 of 1 in Crostwick
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
The Norfolk Mead Hotel
#1 of 1 in Coltishall

Been to Dunston Hall? Share your experiences!