3,091 results
All reviewsgolf courseterrace bardeluxe roomspa breakevening mealsteam roommain barlovely groundsleisure facilitiesfour posterplay golfnight breakpark and ridebirthday treatshort breakbuffet stylelovely room
Reviewed 26 July 2012

We stayed one night but took two rooms. Pleasantly surprised by the Penthouse which is potentially fabulous. Rather hot though and you can't open the windows (it wasn't a very warm night either!) They have provided an assortment of fans.
It was a horribly wet day and night so could not enjoy the fabulous grounds :(
The pool area is tatty in places and looks in need of a good clean!
Our dinner was fine but the dining room was freezing due the air con (which was turned off on request)
We had an issue with noise from a function. We had not been pre-warned and it was very loud until 11.30pm. We had a small child and were needed an early night ourselves or it probably wouldn't have bothered us) The complaint was dealt with efficiently with an adjustment to the bill. Thank you.
Thought the beauty salon was too expensive and just had a quick bit of essential maintenance!
The hotel needs a major refurbishment to bring it into this era but I would say the tariffs reflect this. The staff were very nice and can only work with what they have!

Room Tip: check if there is a function and ask for a room on the other side from the marquee if you are not a function guest.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jane J
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2012

Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was disapointed to read that elements of your stay were not as you had hoped. I have passed on your feedback to the housekeeping team about your room. I know that we have started refurbishing areas of the hotel, receptino was done recently and we are looking to refurbish a number of bedrooms in the new year.
I do hope that you will considder returning to Dunston Hall in the future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Not a personal or intimate place to stay. Grand exterior and extensive facilities. If you like crowds, this could be for you? Enough space for a golf course plus 5 functions simultaneously.
So maybe that's why the rooms aren't as well cleaned as many places that I stay at for more competitive prices? Premium pricing for weekends is fine but standards should be maintained.
Room cleanliness was poor, decor was worn but might be excusable If the right attention was paid to mould in the bathroom, dust and dirt in the bedroom and "slime" in the kettle!
Most of the front of house staff were first rate. Some of the support crew seemed over stretched? Saving staffing costs with a buffet style breakfast is fine but if you "slop" orange juice all over the place when refilling the dispenser, apologize to the waiting customers and clean it up! Unimpressed and feedback left for the hotel as requested on the supplied card.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
DGOpsMgr, Manager at Dunston Hall, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Dear Robert,
Many thanks for your review of the hotel. I was disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay with us. I was particularly disapointed to hear your feedback on the room. I have passed this information on to the housekeeper to ensure she picks this up with her staff.
I would be delighted to speak with you about this, I am available at the hotel daily on 01508470444 or can be emailed at david.graham@devere-hotels.com.
I look forward to speaking with you in the near future.

Reviewed 23 July 2012

We stayed at Dunston Hall in February and were so happy to return in July. This is an excellent well run hotel with staff for whom nothing is too much trouble. Our spacious room was spotlessly clean and very quiet. The bed was so comfortable. The restaurant staff are particularly friendly and helpful. Breakfast and Dinner offer fresh good quality food. I used the beauty salon and found this also to a high standard. I understand that the hotel was full and also had at least two weddings on but there were plenty of staff on duty at all times. We are more than happy to recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your review - It is always nice to see our regular guests returning and having a good time. I know the team work really hard to make sure that everyone has a great time and it is fantastic that they get recognition from our guests. I do hope that we will see you back at the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

My wife and I have recently stayed at De vere Dunston Hall.
Everything was excellent, food, breakfast to die for and plenty of it! Deluxe rooms are excellent with french doors over looking golf coarse, what a view. Plenty of free car parking.
Would recommend, swiming pool was excellent as well.

Room Tip: Stay in a deluxe room.
1  Thank 232roy

Hi Roy,
Many thanks for yoru review I was delighted to ready that you had enjoyed your stay with us. I know the dleuxe rooms are very popular and the beds are extremely comfortable. I do hope that the next time you are looking for a break you will considder coming back to us.

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I would certainly recommend dunston hall to anyone looking for a relaxing weekend. The staff were all very polite and helpful and made us feel like royalty from start to finish. Although the prices seem steep, you do get what you pay for. The grounds are gorgeous and would be very interested in having a wedding there. Food was excellent, especially the wide range of choice at breckfast. Room was clean and cosy, we were particularly impressed with our view considering it was a standed room we were in. We spent a long time in the spa area. Overall great stay and cannot wait to hopefully stay again soon :-)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank claire4444

Dear Claire,
Many thanks for your review - I was really pleased to see that you had enjoyed your visit to the hotel. I do hope you will considder Dunston for your wedding and we will be delighted to help you with that.
I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.