“Cancellation of our short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Dunston Hall

Dunston Hall
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cancellation of our short stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel has kindly refunded my payment which they originally declined but I have an illness which could affect other guests so they have now agreed to this. We were going there for my birthday which will now be spent at home. Thanks to sales staff.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear barrywright
Many thanks for your feedback. I`m glad we sorted out the cancellation issues and hope you come to see us in the future
Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (569)
  • Polish first
Felixstowe, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2012

Very impressive building and excellent facilities with spa, pool and golf. Best of all though was the staff--reception, leisure centre, restaurant--everyone was exceptionally helpful, charming and smiling!
Will definitely pay a return visit.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trevor s
Thank you for you recent feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back next time, and thank you for acknowledging the warmth and friendliness of our team of which we’re very proud
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2012

I tried to cancel a booking three weeks before staying as I developed a hernia but hotel refused to return my deposit. Also as I have now got the sickness and vomitting bug I dont think we should be risking spreading this to other guests

Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Stoke Holy Cross hotels

hertfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed here for a girlie pamper get away break. No problems on check in although when we got to our room which was a bit of trek we had a kingsize bed even though I had phoned ahead and reserved a twin room. The room was spacious and clean but the shabby finish made it look dirty. The bathroom although a nice size had mould on the tiles which totally put me off using it. The maid did come and seperate the bed to make it into 2 singles whilst we were out that evening. The hotel was full of very mature clientel and it's £12 in a taxi into Norwich. The barman was as old as some of the guests and was very rude and completely ignored my friend. Drinks were what you would expect to pay in a four star hotel. The younger staff that were around were very helpful and friendly but the older ones could do with learning from the youngsters! Breakfast was nice and there was a good selection with made to order poached eggs and toast. The spa area is a bit weird as the beauty rooms are down a long corridor from the pool/steam room area. This meant you had to keep getting changed between treatments and relaxation which took the edge of the whole experience. The treatments were expensive and carried out in an area that was being refurbished so it wasn't at it's best. No discount was given for this and the noise of builders took the edge off!

Overall this is a lovely hotel in need of some TLC and bringing up to date. Although the public areas are clean they are tired and it takes away from the grandeur of the exterior. With a bit of investment this hotel could be a gem. The staff should experience it from the guests point of view then I am sure they could get this right. I expect it's down to the management of the hotel not the standard you would expect for a de vere hotel.

If you are looking for a reasonably priced hotel out of town with spa facilities then this is for you. Just lower your expectations before you arrive and you shouldn't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear hertfordshire4
Thank you for your feedback. I’m please housekeeping managed to solve the issue with the bed and that you enjoyed our new breakfast offering. We do have a very broad mix of ages of customers, and our team, which is a very positive attribute to have in any business as I’m sure you’d agree. We are refurbishing certain areas of the hotel in the near future and hope you come and see us soon, and we have started a very exciting new customer service training plan to support our team in creating memorable experiences
Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed at Dunston Hall from 4th - 7th December with Taylors Coaches Yeovil. I found the hotel excellent in every way. The accommodation was superb (room 302), food was excellent and such a variety, and the hotel staff were pleasant and most helpful. I had stayed there before & was only too happy to be back. F Rosser

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Karen P
Thank you for your feedback. I`m glad you had such a great stay and we`d like to welcome you back any time soon
Watford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2012

Myself and my Husband spent a night here on our Honeymoon. Where do I start, from the moment we walked through the door to when we checked out, we were treated like royalty!! On arrival we advised the staff it was our honeymoon and within 5 minutes of being in the room, was greeted with chocolates and champagne. We had the Birch Suite and it was amazing. By far the best hotel room I had ever stayed in. The dinner was also fantastic, the staff were attentive, offering complimentary drinks after having to wait 15 minutes for our food, which we thought was a very reasonable wait for the quality. Our amazing stay didn't finish there, we were in the bar having a night cap and the staff heard us talking about the wedding and brought us over a bottle of champagne!!! The breakfast was also fab. We really cannot fault the staff and hotel in any way. The only regret we have is not having our wedding there!!! Dunston Hall put the icing on our perfect wedding cake. If you want a special stay then head to Dunston Hall!!!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jodiwalker
Dear jodiwalker
Many thanks for your feedback. I`m glad you had such an amazing stay, maybe you can have your wedding anniversary with us next time?
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2012

I stayed at Dunston Hall on Friday night after a charity event I attended. I was lucky enough to have accommodation provided for me, and this was a room at Dunston Hall.

I stayed in room 344, in the new Deluxe Wing of the hotel.

It was INCREDIBLE. Beautiful room, amazing bed, great HD tv, spotless bathroom. FREE WIFI! The best thing about the room was that it was on the ground floor. It had french windows out onto a little private terrace. Would have been lovely had it not been so cold!

I ordered room service at 10.45pm, to find that the entire menu was available! I had a home made burger with chips and cheesey garlic bread, and it was brilliant! So refreshing to get late night room service and actually GET hand prepared hot food!

The receptionist (Ian) who checked me in at 4pm remembered my name at 9am the next morning when I checked out.

Would definitely stay again - in fact I'm already trying to work out a good excuse to go back! (a bit tricky when my mum lives 5 miles away....)

Room Tip: go for a ground floor deluxe room.