“Lovely Hotel”

Dunston Hall
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Very nice hotel. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. It is simply classy and tranquil! It looks like a Victorian mansion I remember being very stressed on my way there, but the minute I arrived, the serenity and tranquillity of the hotel took over me. It was palpable.

The hotel has traditional English decor, very nice and really cool, but slightly dated. The landscaped gardens is really well-kept and absolutely stunning! The food was brilliant! And the staff extremely friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: I think any room in this hotel will give you a beautiful view as it is surrounded by nature and gree...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (572)
  • Polish first
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

I stayed here in April as part of their spring break promotion. Value for a king suite ended up at around £100 a night which is great value for the room and the hotel. Loved the golf, the ambience of the place and the grounds. Norwich is a lovely city too and Wells-Next-The-Sea is well worth a visit.
Some of the carpets and corridor decor could do with a spruce up as looking a bit tired but apart from that, great stay!!!

• Stayed April 2013
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

A nice hotel at first glance but a little tired around the edges facilities were good and breakfast was nice. We had brown water coming out of the taps in our bathroom which reception informed us was completely safe but it was pretty unsightly.

We wanted to get casual dinner in bunkers bar but found it didn't serve food after 6pm which was a bit annoying. Nt far from the town centre but your definitely need a car to stay here.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
East Anglia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We had arranged to stay the weekend at another hotel in the area which did not happen for reasons I shall not go into in this review! However, safe to say that my mother, sister and I were going away as a family for one of the first times since Dad died, without our families and it was, also, my sister's birthday. Because of the circumstances, we did not have a booking and my sister and mother turned up, on spec, as we had no where to stay. I was not there at this time, but I am told the staff were brilliant. They found rooms for all of us and upgraded Mum! When I turned up I was greeted warmly and the staff knew exactly who I was when I gave them my name. My bags were carried to my room and I could not have been made more welcome.

The whole ambiance of the hotel was brilliant - each member of staff was courteous and helpful. (They even managed to find me a car cleaning kit - don't ask!!!! But my car is now a lot cleaner inside thanks to the kit they found me and my hard work!!). Absolutely nothing was too much for anyone working there and each member of staff seemed to be happy to volunteer the extra mile.

My room was comfy, as were the beds. I rarely sleep well in strange beds but I did here.

My only criticism (if it can be called one!!) is that the TV's in the bedroom are really difficult to fathom - but maybe that is just a feature of my age!

I had a massage whilst I was there. I have NEVER had one before but they are now on my radar and I shall be having more!

The food in the restaurant was fine - not excellent but extremely edible. It is one of the first times I have asked for a steak "medium-rare" and actually been served it "medium-rare". The breakfasts are a buffet style. In my opinion it is a pity they had to have frozen mushrooms .... but I can highly recommend the sausages and bacon. If you want a poached egg (which is not out in the buffet) just ask .... nothing is too much for them. You also make your own toast ... which I loved. The toasting machine is an eminently watchable piece of equipment!!

There is so much to do there - swimming, golf, jacuzzi, beautician (worth a visit for the massage!) and crazy golf! (Watch out for the 9th hole on that ..... it is not what you think - I think I completed that in 35 strokes!!!!).

Overall - a place who will do their best for you, don't take my word -go and decide for yourself.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Solbarca
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

A group of us went to an Abba tribute night....food was ok for the price, bit of a grumpy waitress but overall a good service.
Abba tribute should have been advertised as a band, but the two girls were surprisingly good, the dance floor was full for the full show. In fact I booked the two girls for a wedding, cheesy yes, but great fun and Abba is cheese!
Overall a good night, in a first class environment, advertising should have determined that the act was not a band, but aside from that worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear pam888999
Many thanks for your feedback-the Abba night was a great success and i`m glad you really enjoyed it. It`s Dirty Dancing this month,why not stay the night and make an occasion of it ?
Norfolk
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I had a Spa Break here with my mother. It was GREAT! What a lovely experience. The food was beautiful - Breakfast was buffet style and had everything we wanted and more. For lunch I had the Bang Bang Chicken which was served with sweet chilli sauce and it was devine. Dinner was choices of a 3 course carvery, a 3 course Italian or Al a Carte, we both had the carvery - Beef, Turkey or Gammon, beautiful! The room was lovely, a twin on the ground floor - requested for health reasons. The beds were so comfy and I had the best night sleep. Pillows were lovely and soft. It was so clean and ALL staff were friendly, efficient and could not do enough for you. The spa was superb and I can definitely recommend the hot stone massage. Again the staff made you feel so welcome and at ease. We both had the luxury pedicure which was wonderful and I now have sparkly toes. Thanks to everyone who helped me and my mum have the best time. We can't wait to return for some more mother/daugher indulgence!

Room Tip: I emailed a request for a room with little walking distance due to health reasons. The room was a t...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dear 2keentravellers
Thank you for your feedback,I`m really please you had such a great spa weekend and enjoyed our cuisine.Do come again soon.
London england
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

The drive up to the hotel is lovely. Our room, unfortunately, was quite dark, mainly due to the level of the ground outside. There are not many lights in the room either. Small windows meant that the room was quite stuffy. A glass of water was not moved or cleaned during our stay. We were told that breakfast on Saturday was served until 11. By 10 a.m. there was hardly any food left and they seemed to be closing up. Apparently, you can order kippers and poached eggs, but this was never mentioned. Service in every part of the hotel was not great - dinner started well, but then we waited ages to be served with our dessert. Lunch on the patio took forever until someone came to take our order and even longer to be served. After supper, we went into the bar for a drink. We waited and waited for someone to take our order and eventually we were told that after 10 p.m. you have to order from the bar direct. However, there are no signs or anything to tell you this - surely a simple card on the tables would help. We went with friends and had lots of problems with the restaurant bills and spent quite a lot of time at reception trying to sort these out on check out. The hotel itself is lovely, but it is the service that lets it down.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Dear silverwedding
Many thanks for your feedback.i`m pleased you enjoyed our hotel and we will endeavour so sort out those issues for the future.Next time try our more modern deluxe rooms
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stoke Holy Cross
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Dunston Hall? Share your experiences!