Cripes with all the anticipation of a trip away I was very excited. The major problem was that the bed was 4foot, not even a standard 4.6" - my partner and I were quite stunned that any hotel offering double rooms with entertain the idea of an undersized bed. Such a shame.The bedding was lovely though, Flints Restaurant is worthy of a visit and the students were fabbo - interested, engaging and efficient, well done them! The breakfast service was a bit haphazard, cold and the food was very unappealing sadly (guessing breakfast chef was not the Flints chef the previous night),poor quality bacon/sausages etc.
Lovely to get a FREE newspaper delivered,nice touch.
Reception staff could use a BELL for service, I hate arriving at an empty reception desk only to hear talking behind a brick wall, suggest they open that up, no need for covert operations! Plus reception staff distinctly disinterested in their roles, sooooooo different from restaurant staff. I am sure it is not an exciting job,but in life you get given lemons, you make lemonade :)
Sweetie jar on reception was nice too but a huge glass doomed lid sat on it so to get a lovely choc you had to lift that off to start with and find somewhere to put it, bit of a H&S hazard and makes you think that you are not welcome to a choc... ??
My partner was a bit fed up to wait in excess of 15 mins for a drink at the bar as the coach party arrived at the same time we did and only one bar person serving yet many folk in the restaurant, some mgt needed here me thinks.
The Spa was below par (just to coin a golfing term :) ) the pool was colder than expected dum de dum.
Digital switchover day - TV's did not work properly but you would think that a hotel would have this covered. No Radio 4 either :(
Would I return, not really sadly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, getaroom.com, LateRooms, Cancelon, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk