“disappointing.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnham Broom
Norwich, United Kingdom
“disappointing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2012

Booked for a birthday treat, spa treatment paid for a luxury room.. Stayed in Similar rooms (if not nicer) for less money.
The bath plug was broken, there was an interesting stain on one of our towels. The bath robes supplied were extremely stiff. You would think the price you pay for a room they could afford some fabric conditioner.. You can hear everything going on in the corridoors, very loud to the point of waking me up. The staff in the sports bar made us feel like an inconvenience that they had to serve us. The room shown to us on the website was completely different, we expected a seating area and we had a small chair stuck in the corner. We had a nice view of the carpark from our window. I think the website is extremely misleading.
I have contacted them since and they have ignored my emails, not even acknowledging them seems very unproffessional to me.
on a positive note the spa staff were lovely.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hayley B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012 via mobile

Everything about my stay was perfect staff were all very helpful meals were of a good quality room have been refurbished cannot wait to return hotel is in a fabulous location ideal for touring Norfolk

• Stayed November 2012
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2012

My sister and I were looking for somewhere local that we could stay over and treat ourselves to some lovely spa treatments. It's true to say if you are looking for theproper Sauna spa experience then you need to actually book yourself into sauna spa. But if you are looking for a relaxing night away with the opportunity to treat yourself and unwind, then Barnham broom is the place for you. We were so impressed with ALL the staff, from reception, to bar, to waiting staff to the therapists. Everyone we dealt with was professional and friendly. Our room was large, clean, with a giant comfy bed and huge HD TV. We had afternoon tea, now as an afternoon tea expert I would say the sandwiches weren't the greatest but the scones, cakes and tea were perfect. The spa is AMAZING! We checked in on the Saturday lunchtime feeling tired and stressed out...we left feeling properly revived. We have even decided to make it an annual thing. Lovely people, lovely place and good value.

Room Tip: We went for the junior suite which was £10 more but well worth it. We were next to the stairs but ac...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Samb013
Gloucester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 November 2012

Just booked a room for husband and myself and our 11-year-old son. According to website a Superior Double, at a cost of £95.00, would be suitable. A Junior Suite, costing £115.00, would not be suitable as the website quite clearly tells you that these rooms will not accommodate three people. It also quite clearly states, in its terms and conditions, that children under 16 are accommodated free of charge. (It does state on the room reservation page that it's children under 14, but we'll let that one go for now.)

However, on ringing the hotel to book over the phone, we were told that a Superior Double was NOT big enough and that the only room that was big enough was the more expensive Junior Suite. We were also told that there would be a £15.00 charge for the hire of a z-bed and bedding for my son to sleep on. Hire of z-beds is NOT mentioned anywhere that I can see on the website and I'm not sure how his accommodation can be called 'free of charge' when we have to pay £15.00 for a bed to be provided!

On pointing all this out the receptionist very polite and apologetic and said that the website was wrong and that she would tell the people who manage the website.

Not really impressed. Website is first port of call for many people looking to book. It's an advert for the hotel and this one is wrong in several places. Will have to wait and see how the stay turns out.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank CDR1664
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

After my complaints last year, I was contacted by customer services to give them a second chance. I have to say the service had improved 10 fold on the reception. They where very polite and asked if I knew where everything was. The room was next was it cleaner - Yes allot cleaner not a fly in sight, the suite had had a much needed facelift and the decor was very fresh. Still had a few arguments with the shower door but it did close easier than my previous visit.

Then down to dinner, the food was exceptional. Partridge starter, Honey Duck main course and a nice bread pudding for dessert. Wine was chilled nicely and the restaurant had had an industrial carpet cleaner visit.

The Black pudding at breakfast was the champion of breakfast, which was a shame I much hoped it was the staff, who left us to find our own seats and when they did turn up I asked if they wanted me to cook my own breakfast too. To which there was no apology. But all in all the hotel was now worth the money I originally paid so good marks. I would return, however I think I will be trying other options first.

Room Tip: Room 16 is a nice suite with top quality TVs and a nice lounge area.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
Alton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

We spent a long weekend (Fri to Mon) at this property. The flat was spotlessly clean and very well appointed with good views across the golf course. Although October half term the property was quiet and we found our time here very relaxing. There is lots to do in the area, we visited Norwich and also several National Trust properties in the area. We self catered, the kitchen was very adequate. We shall be back.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 November 2012

We were not interested in the Golf Packages so that's not why we went but we had a wonderful stay.

The Spa facilities are very good and the range of treatments by nice therapists is excellent. The pool was a bit smaller than we thought it would be but still managed a decent length swim. The sauna and steam room were welcome additions too. The sport facilities are a bit separate to where the rooms and main hotel are so it could be awkward trekking there in the rain but was no problem for us. Just remember your £1 coin for the lockers in the changing rooms.

The staff were extremely helpful, particularly when I couldn't connect to the internet in the room at first. The rooms are well equipped and very nicely "done". The TV was huge, the bed was comfortable and the Molton Brown toiletries were a treat to use.

The highlight for us was the food. The breakfasts were well organised, I so love it when an order is taken and we are "waited" on. The evening meals were wonderful...the chef is to be highly recommended. Al he waiting staff were extremely polite and helpful creating a relaxed environment.

We loved it here and would highly recommend it whether you like golf or not.

Room Tip: I imagine all rooms to be fine as they are situated around a courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,070 reviews
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#2 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Barnham Broom? Share your experiences!