Barnham Broom
US$91
Orbitz.com
US$126
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssports bargolf courseafternoon teamolton brown toiletriesjunior suitetennis courtspro shopspa hotelgolf breakswimming pooltwo coursesleisure facilitiesround of golfevening mealgolf clubdressing gownssauna and steam room
Reviewed 21 March 2013

This was our second stay here and it was just as good. The location is fine, although perhaps a bit isolated for some). The staff were mostly helpful and friendly. (The exception were the Sunday night restaurant team, that seemed to be having problems). The food was good and a bit different from the usual diner fare.

Enjoyed the swimming area although this is being redone at present.

The rooms are good with plenty of facilities.

Will stay again if in the area.

Room Tip: Some of the ground floor rooms can be overlooked by passing guests.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2013

Dear Leedsdave,

Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that you found our staff very helpful, for the most part. Your comments regarding your experience on Sunday evening have been passed on to our Restaurant manager, so that he can address the issues.

We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in the area.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Barnham Broom Golf & Country Club offers a great Hotel,2 Superb Golf courses + Sporting amenities,top class Restaurant;Bar snacks,all with good service and set in a delightful setting,close to Norwich. Well worth a visit,short ,or long I have used the facilities for many years and the Management strive to improve it year on year. I can assure you Golfers you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank William L

Dear marianlove,

I'm reading your review with a smile; thank you so much for your kind feedback. I will be passing on your comments to the rest of our team. We hope to see you again very soon, especially now the golfing weather is improving.

Reviewed 16 March 2013

We have been staying at Barnham Broom on and off for over 20 years. First with our children and now as a couple. We came for a get away break, some relaxation, golf and good food. We have always received a warm welcome and once again the reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We travelled through snow and arrived to find that the heating in our suite was not working properly, in fact it was freezing. The problem could not be rectified so we were given a heater which just about saw us through until the morning. Staff were brilliant and got it fixed and we had a personal visit from the Maintenance Manager who expressed his concern and offered apologies.
We ate in the Restaurant 3 out of the 5 nights we stayed. Food excellent and again staff very attentive and friendly. Breakfasts were superb, freshly cooked to order, with good local produce.

The Sports Bar was very disappointing. We ordered our food from two unfriendly young men who were clearly more interested in the football than our order and not surprisingly our order was lost. We waited nearly an hour to get our food. When my husband complained the two young men on duty thought it very funny and were not overly apologetic or helpful. When my gammon did arrive, it was overcooked and very thin. We did eat there again, because it was convenient and this time the service by two young ladies was excellent. They were very friendly and very efficient, and the food was plentiful and excellent.

We used the spa while there and it was a great experience. The staff really were superb, very friendly and accommodating. They really made you feel special and pampered. I would certainly book treatments as early as you can because we left it until the week before and there was not a great deal of availability. What we did have was brilliant and the staff were very knowledgable and helpful.
Unfortunately our stay was spoiled on the last night when we were in the restaurant. We were enjoying our meal when about 8 young men came in the restaurant and were very noisy. It sounded like a shouting competition. They also swore a lot and I really didn't want to listen to the F word used every few minutes. They were constantly getting up and going outside, probably to the bar and the loo! It was not pleasant and other diners were upset too. We did complain to the Restaurant Manager who was very understanding and apologetic and offered to have a word with them. But to be honest I feared for his safety and we retreated to the lounge. But it was a shame to have our stay end like that.
Overall our stay was great despite there being no golf due to the weather, but we had a very relaxing stay and enjoyed our visit. But I think next time we will opt for a mid week break as it was obvious these young men were on a weekend golf break. I like to see people enjoy themselves but not at the expense of others and these young men showed no consideration to anyone else in the hotel. I felt that the hotel staff should have dealt with the situation straight away as it was obvious others were uncomfortable with their behaviour, but I can understand the reluctance!
We will certainly be returning despite the spoilt last day.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D

Dear Chris D,

Firstly, thank you so much for your honest feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you and your family have visited us so often. Your kind comments about our restaurant and Spa have been passed on to each department, who I'm sure will be thrilled to hear your positive feedback.

I'm very sorry to hear about the heating problems on your arrival, but it's good to hear that this was addressed quickly whilst you were with us. I'm also very disappointed to read about your experience in our Sports Bar. We aim to provide the highest standards of service, so to hear that this was not your experience is frustrating. Our Sports Bar Manager has been made aware and will be raising the issues with their team. I am particularly sorry to hear that you felt your stay spoiled by the actions of another group. I can assure you that this is not the normal behaviour of guests at Barnham Broom. However, I'm encouraged to hear that this has not put you off visiting us again and on behalf of everyone at Barnham Broom, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 15 March 2013

My boyfriend treated me to a night away from London for our anniversary and it was a really relaxing stay. The room was clean and a good size and the staff were very friendly and helpful. I had some lovely spa treatments and the therapists were very good. It was a great getaway not too far from London!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. I'm thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us to celebrate your anniversary, particularly your experience in our Spa. Your kind comments have been passed onto our therapists. I hope that you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 13 March 2013

I stayed at Barnham Broom at the weekend for the purpose of having a relaxing, pampering spa break. All at this hotel is exceptional, from the bedroom I had to the public areas which were spotless and comfortable. The staff were all helpful and polite. All in all a great place to stay but NOT for a spa break! First let me say that the treatment I had was excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed it. As previously said the treatment spa is at the opposite end of the hotel and you need to get dressed if you then wish to relax by the pool. There is not much hope of that though. I went down to the pool to find about 6 beds. These left about 12 inches from the side of the pool which means you get spashed a lot. While there swimming lessons with young children were taking place and the coach was walking up and down past the beds giving instructions. The beds on either side of me had the children's fathers lounging on them. So at very busy times you probably won't get one and the alternative is a green plastic garden chair. I couldn't work out where the spa pool was until I discovered that actually it was being used as a paddling pool for the children. There is a steam room and a sauna but the latter was very dark and small. I couldn't locate any timers. Gave up in the end and went back to the lounge to read. Won't use the hotel for a spa break again which is a shame as I previously stated my treatment was excellent. If the hotel are offering spa packages they really need to have a separate pool for the spa users where they can sit and relax.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Barnham_Broom, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Dear norfolkscot,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review on Trip Advisor and for bringing your concerns to our attention. I'm pleased to hear that you found Barnham Broom a great place to stay and that you value our accommodation as exceptional. We completely take your comments on-board regarding the location of our swimming pool and the lessons that took place during your time in the pool. We have taken your comments on-board and we are looking into how we can further improve the swimming pool experience for our guests.