We arrived at the Barnham Broom on Friday evening. Travelling from London it was a pretty straight forward journey but I suggest a satnav! Parking is very available at the front of the main building and we checked in very quickly by very nice reception staff. The building is very nice, the rooms are impressive without being over the top. There was a string of very small issues along the way, the first being here when we got to our room. We couldn't enjoy a bottle of champagne that I ordered to the room the day before arriving as there wasn't an ice bucket / glasses (strange I know). Anyway, the staff allowed us to take this to dinner on the Saturday without any problems. We didn't get the experience the full gold course(s), however we did use the small driving range and the course looked amazing! The Spa and fitness centre has everything you need, Gym, Pool, Jacuzzi, Steam Room, Sauna etc.
Dinner Saturday night was nice, the food was amazing! The service however, slow and inexperienced. This was only down to the fact that a wedding was booked in over the weekend we were there, being held in the private function part of the building. We used the bar after dinner to have a few more drinks and went to bed, which I must add is one of the biggest and most comfortable beds I have ever slept on!
Before we left on the Sunday, I asked to speak to the standards manager Samantha, who was most helpful and addressed the small issues incredibly professionally. She was adamant that these areas were re-visited so that nobody else has the same problems, along with a small gesture of goodwill and we were on our way home.
We will definitely be heading back to the Barnham Broom for another weekend in the early part of next year. Overall it was a very nice stay, food was excellent and we will definitely take the golf clubs to hit the course next time round!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk