“Friendly, helpful, peaceful and clean !!”
Review of Barnham Broom

Barnham Broom
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnham Broom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Just returned from my first visit to Barnham Broom. Feeling very relaxed!!
Very helpful and friendly reception staff.
Very friendly and helpful bar staff.
Clean spacious comfortable rooms.
We didn't get a chance to use the spa but will be booking again to use the facilities on offer and to play golf.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Thank you for such a lovely and kind review. We are very grateful you have published your recent experience at Barnham Broom and i am delighted to see such high praise of all the facilities and staff. Making our guests feel welcome and well cared for is out highest priority so thank you.

Your comments are much appreciated and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We love Barnham Broom and have been going for over 20 years. We stay at least once a year sometimes more. Sadly we were disappointed with our stay this time and sadly we won't be rushing back. The décor has improved, the restaurant has improved, the food is superb and beautifully presented, the golf is as superb as ever and the staff in the shop as friendly and helpful as ever. Most of the reception staff are as friendly and welcoming (some were not!) So what has disappointed us. Overall customer service.
This used to be a hotel where the guest mattered and everyone went the extra mile. We just felt a nuisance. My husband is always polite friendly and warm to people, he is in PR! He takes time to get to know people, always compliments and makes sure people feel valued.
He needed all his skills to win over a frosty Restaurant Manager. He popped down to the restaurant an hour before our booking to check on the menu and reserve a table. But was made to feel like a naughty school boy. He asked if we could be a little early and was told grudgingly "I suppose so, early is ok but we don't like you being late! We are never late! He wanted something plain from the bar menu but was told that was difficult as there were separate kitchens and food would have to be transported to the other kitchen. Our stay came to over £800 for a 3 night stay, so I think she could have been a little more gracious. He was not told all this in a nice way. Needless to say we were not looking forward to seeing this lady at dinner, but she was quite different and even pleasant. The first evening we waited for 40 minutes for our starter and was over 2 hours completing our meal. We were told the delay was due to there being two parties of 6! Unfortunately my husband's steak was almost raw and it had to be sent back. That was dealt with very graciously and he was given extra chips which made one happy man!
The breakfast staff were very polite but again no smiles. I smiled at one waitress and said "Good Morning" and had no response. When someone does not return a friendly smile, that's sad. Again service was very slow and two mornings running the yoghurt bowl was empty and I had to ask to get it filled. I was made to stand and wait for at least 5 minutes each time. Embarrassing for me. It would have been nice to be told to sit down and it would be brought to the table. One morning we waited 15 minutes for tea and my husband had to ask. Then it was another 10 minutes before our order was taken. IT pays not to be in a hurry. On the last morning, no teapots, so we had to ask for refills. Why? "Too many people in this morning" Can't see the logic in that. Actually there were very few people having breakfast at that time. We would have liked a window table, only because it is lighter and easier to read a paper. But this was a no for the two mornings we asked. .
It wasn't much better in the spa when I rang to see if there was any availability for the time we were there. They only had a half an hour slot for one day. I know the Spa can get busy but to book so far in advance is not always ideal. The young lady I spoke to was not very helpful. I felt she could have tempted me with some 30 minutes treatments. I also noticed that the golf shop was advertising a golf package in the spa. (massage etc) But again that would have had to be booked way in advance and we knew nothing about it until we arrived.
Both my husband and I have tough jobs where we deal with the public all the time. I would be fired if I was rude or cold or made someone feel unwelcome. We are friendly people who when we go away, want to be made to feel welcome and cared for. We are not demanding but do want good service for the hard earned money we pay.
I have given the hotel a very good rating only because the hotel is lovely, and the food excellent but I would appeal to Barnham Broom to train their staff in good customer service. I really didn't feel the staff were happy in their jobs. If people are treated well they will return. Much as we love the place, I would think twice about booking another break there this year.

Room Tip: We had a junior suite which was roomy and comfortable, Also very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris D

Thank you for taking the time to tell us of your experience when staying at Barnham Broom. Your feedback is very important to us and we really appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I would be most grateful if you contact me to discuss your experience further on 01603 759393 or emailing sjones@barnham-broom.co.uk

Reviewed 25 April 2014

An overnight business meeting was arranged at the hotel for 7 people. The room for the meeting, the sandwiches and coffee were fine. The room had a cloying smell due to the plug-in air freshners (soon unplugged!) and there was no laptop cabling. The evening private dinner and the overnight accommodation were fine. My en-suite could have been better cleaned - something sticky on the floor (cleaning fluid, I hope) and long hairs in the bath. I stayed two nights and the second cleaning was OK. The staff were attentive. The breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Most rooms are on the ground floor. Ask sepcifically if you want a first floor room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review Barnham Broom. We always appreciate our guest’s comments and feedback so we can be assured that we are always working and maintaining high quality comfort and service we strive for.

I have made our Executive Housekeeper aware of your comments regarding your room and we sincerely apologise for this.

We thoroughly appreciate your feedback so thank you and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My husband was racing at Snetterton Circuit over the weekend & we chose to stay at Barnham Broom for 2 nights which is located approx 25 minutes from the race circuit. Accommodation was excellent. We had a junior suite which meant 2 adults & 2 children (7yo & 5yo) could all be accommodated in the one room using the sofa bed in the room. Our room had a lovely view out over the tennis courts & rolling green hills beyond which was a welcome feature when you normally live in the city. The main bed was extremely comfortable & extra large with good quality linen & plenty of good quality pillows available to suit everyone's needs. We also ate at the Sports Bar both nights. There was enough choice on the menu without it being wildly exciting but unfortunately on the first night the meals took nearly an hour to arrive which for our 2 youngsters was really stretching the friendship a bit far !! Timing of the meals on the second night was better which was a welcome relief. Breakfast was served each morning in the Brasserie and it was very nice with plenty of options both on the continental buffet & hot breakfast menu items, all of which were included in the Bed & Breakfast room rate we had paid. Overall I would highly recommend this hotel, only reason I didn't give it 5 stars was the meal service in the Sports Bar. Other than that slight disappointment the rest of the weekend was a huge success. I would quite like to return for another weekend without the children this time.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your experience. We are so grateful for all our guests who take the time to leave us their opinions. I am so pleased you had a lovely stay at Barnham Broom and it was very nice to read that you would return.

I am however sorry to read that you experienced very slow service in the Sports Bar. Please be assured that we take your comments very seriously and are dealt with immediately.

Your feedback is much appreciated so thank you and we shall look forward to again soon.

Reviewed 20 April 2014 via mobile

We were surprised how wonderful this hotel is. My father in law is a HPB timeshare member and booked to stay here over Easter. They invited us to stay and we were dubious but really happily surprised!
Beautiful surroundings. Lovely room. We even stayed on a extra night as so comfortable!
Our room was a junior suite. Room 64. Very comfy and clean.
All the staff in the hotel are lovely. Very friendly and helpful.
Breakfast is fit for a king. We had a 'Norfolk breakfast' 3 days in a row!
We were slightly disappointed by the Sports Bar dinner. It was basic. But very expensive. £98 for dinner for 5. Almost microwave meals for the pasta. But the boys loved their burgers! They looked fab.
I read reviews to go to the local pub for dinner and that was half the price and delicious. The bell in one mile away!
Considering the hotel brasserie food looks amazing we were disappointed with the sports bar food!
But we will stay here again.
Unfortunately I didn't get the use the spa. But swimming pool and jim brilliant.
All very child friendly too!
Hotel lounge very comfortable.
Great atmosphere. Highly recommended!

Stayed: April 2014
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Barnham Broom. I am very pleased to read your lovely comments regarding your stay at the hotel. It’s lovely to read that the Hotel Property and staff exceeded your expectations.

I am however sorry to read that the you felt that your dinner in the Sports bar was not up to Standard. Please be assured that i have made the Sports Bar Manager aware of your comments so thank you for your honesty.

Your feedback is much appreciated and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon

Reviewed 17 April 2014

My husband and I got married at this hotel last Saturday and I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough. The staff at the hotel were incredibly helpful from day one and nothing was ever too much trouble. Debbie was amazing and ensured our day ran as smoothly as possible from the moment we booked. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the service was second to none. We had 90 day guests who all remarked on how great the food and service were. This hotel offer an amazingly priced package deal and I was so pleased with the extras such as flowers, toastmaster and service. I would recommend this hotel to anybody thinking of getting married, our day was so stress free and relaxed thanks to the team at Barnham Broom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for such an amazing review after celebrating your special day with us here at Barnham Broom. We are very grateful you have taken the time to tell others of your special day. It is very important for us to always uphold the highest standard of service we set ourselves.

I have passed on your glowing praise to Debbie and the team at Barnham Broom you greatly appreciate your lovely feedback.

Thank you once again and we shall look forward to seeing you again very soon

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

The staff at the hotel and spa were fabulous. The pool area was small to sit and relax - mainly due to tots having a swimming lesson. My afternoon tea as part of the package was fab and I enjoyed a relaxing read of my kindle overlooking the golf course in the lounge area. My treatments were undertaken by Bryony, who was superb. I had the luxurious full body massage with a scalp massage - a complete de-stress. Thank you very much indeed Bryony! Highly recommended.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Sam J, Guest Relations Manager at Barnham Broom, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thank you very much for such a kind review. It was so nice to read that you thouroughly enjoyed your stay at Barnham Broom. I have passed on your kind words to Bryony who is very grateful and appreciates you taking the time to tell others of your experience in the Spa.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we shall look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Barnham Broom
22 mi away
Cromer Country Club
Cromer Country Club
#1 of 7 in Cromer

Been to Barnham Broom? Share your experiences!