We stayed for 2 nights this week and it was our 4th time. The rooms are lovely - quite masculine but tasteful. The breakfast is filling and tasty. We had one evening meal in the brasserie which was excellent. I'm a veggie and the mushroom and spinach with muffin was beautiful as was the cheese soufflé starter. My partner's steak was lovely too.
A bit of a negative on the afternoon tea, Tuesday at 5. The waiter delivered the tea and food and then disappeared. There was one egg sandwich, the rest appeared to be meat but I was unsure about one (possibly chicken?) but didn't get the chance to ask. We might have also ordered a glass of fizz but no show! All of the 3 or 4 couples left with no reappearance. As I walked by a few minutes later another chap was clearing up. A choice of teas and a top up would have been a nice touch as would an alternative to strawberry jam. The egg sandwich was very cold as if defrosting; otherwise the food was tasty.
I also had a facial with Bryony - absolutely fab! For the first time ever, I nearly dropped off! It was an Espa Regenerist. Good value at £45. Book early though as on our last two visits I left it late and couldn't book a spot.
Overall we will be back! The landscaping is excellent and it's so very green and restful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barnham Broom offers a warm and welcoming ambience to all guests with its exceptional 4-star experience and first class facilities and amenities. The hotel overlooks 300 acres of beautiful Norfolk countryside with 46 refurbished hotel rooms offering comfortable, stylish and luxurious accommodation. Barnham Broom is best known for its two championship golf courses surrounding the River Yare Valley. The Spa at Barnham Broom, is also a wonderful place to relax and unwind. And The Edge Health & Fitness Club, with its state-of-the-art gym equipment, sauna, steam room, squash courts, tennis courts, fitness classes and heated indoor swimming pool is the perfect place to improve your health & well-being. There is a choice to eat dinner and Sunday lunch in the stylish Brasserie; Valley Bar Lounge for Afternoon Teas and cocktails; or something more informal from the all-day Sports Bar and Cafe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your Barnham Broom reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf And Spa
- Barnham Broom Hotel, Golf Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Barnham Broom
- Classic Hotel Norwich
- Norwich Classic Hotel
- Barnham Broom Norfolk