“Heaven in The Hills”
other travellers have booked this property
Guest villa Guest villa- King size bed
Guest villa
Guest villa- King size bed
Bathroom
Outdoor shower
View from guest villa terrace
Guest villa terrace
Terrace
Entry and guest villa
Lumbung
Interior of Lumbung- Queen size bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tom C
“Heaven in The Hills”
Reviewed 13 August 2015 for a stay in July 2015
people found this review helpful

My wife and i have just returned from a month in Bali after a low key wedding and booked a number of different spots to stay at around Bali and Lombok. Mike and Dety's Villa 'Villa Patria' was definitely the highlight of our trip and his team lead by Oka and Wayan were nothing short of exceptional. The 5 days we spent there was the only stretch of our trip where we truly felt in honeymoon mode. The food was amazing and the property and facilities beyond any expectation we could have dreamed up.

If you are after a truly authentic Bali experience this area is one of the few that still possess this quality, unspoiled by tourism and home to locals that haven't been overrun by Westerners! You will hear echos of 'Hello' from children as you pass every house as you walk down the hill towards Lovina Town centre. Given Patria is not located in a busy area it also makes the price amazingly affordable. You'll pay almost $1000 US for something like this down south.

I wouldn't put a price on our experience though. Just do yourself a favour and experience it for yourself. I'm sure after you do the review below this will reflect similarly on the place to this one!

Best
Tom

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Auntie65
Melbourne, Australia
“Looking for Old School elegance of Bali? .. you just found it.. Villa Patria”
Reviewed 3 July 2015 for a stay in June 2015
people found this review helpful

From the moment I landed in Denpasar airport and a sign with my name to take me away to Lovina, I was sold. As a frequent traveller to Bali for some 25 years, I have seem many changes, some good and some not so good. I have stayed " down south in many locations from Sanur to Seminyak and love it all. But of late, I have not liked the maddening crowds, and maybe that's a sign of getting older,I was some craving the quietness and calmness of the old days. Don't get me wrong, I love the restaurants, Spas and shopping but I needed some down time as well. A friend recommended a trip to Lovina, some 3 hours away from Denpasar. That's how I found Villa Patria.
The moment the Villa Patria driver met me, put the cases in the car, gave me cool towel and a cold drink, I surrendered to the "journey".. Easy drive through to Bedogul, the spice market area, to the top of the mountains with amazing lakes either side, laughing at the monkeys sitting on the side of the roads like wise old men on the street to sites I had never knew were there, the 3 hours flew past and I sat back at took in all I saw. A quick short cut across the bumpy road through amazing fields of blue Hydrangeas, I knew this was going to be special. We arrived, my bags whisked away to my villa and the hosts (Mike & Dety) waiting to greet me with a cold glass of wine and to answer any questions I may have had. How did they ever find this place? its amazing, In the evening I had dinner on the Balcony with the hosts and they answered any and all of my questions. HEAVEN !!. Daily massages were booked, sun time by the pool, I also visited the many special areas of Lovina using the VP driver at my disposal 24/7. The therapeutic hot pools and sunrise boat rides watching the wild dolphins at play. I did venture out every other day but found myself hoping to get back in time for dinner and time with the Hosts. I'm not too sure what else to tell you except, do yourself a favour and Go to Villa Patria, it is magical. PS I have already booked my next trip to Villa Patria in 3 months time .. Oh and for an other bonus, very few mosquito bites, who knew !

How easy was it to book the property? Overall condition of the property
Liked best: The staff and location of the Villa
Liked least: Having to leave
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Your age range 50-64
4 Jul 2015
Thank you for your kind words Robyn. It was a delight to have you here and we look forward to your return.
Mark B
“Absolute luxury in Paradise”
Reviewed 21 April 2015 for a stay in April 2015
people found this review helpful

Villa Patria is an absolute oasis of comfort and serenity. I cannot think of a better time I have spent on a holiday. If your desire is to get away from it all, and not have to think even about where or what to eat, but wish to be pampered and to completely relax, Villa Patria is the place to be. There were nine staff (eleven if you count the masseuse and yoga teacher who came to visit!) to care for us. I say staff, more like friends, in the end. You have your own private villa on the grounds, with exclusive access to the infinity pool. There is good wi-fi access if you need that. Mike and Dety, the hosts, are charming people who give you all the privacy you want but are there for a chat or advice if you need it. Be advised that there is a three-hour drive from Denpasar airport, but so worth the journey when you get there. In any event, it is a picturesque trip through the rice fields and hills of Bali. We ended up taking a short cut through the hills- not for the faint hearted, but found ourselves immersed in a part of Bali nobody else gets to see. Well worth it! Being up in the hills means you get a lovely cooling breeze and a stunning view to the coast, which makes for very comfortable stay. I cannot recommend this place highly enough. Spoil yourself. We did.

Liked best: Comfort, privacy, relaxation
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
Melb12345...
Melbourne, Australia
“So perfectly set up for the ultimate relaxation”
Reviewed 5 January 2015 for a stay in October 2014
person found this review helpful

This is the most magnificent place to unwind, relax and re-set the emotional and physical compass. I stayed in the guest house with its luxurious bed and stunning outdoor bathroom and found it so beautiful. The view is unbelievable from the private balcony and infinity pool. I enjoyed a vigorous morning walk around the gardens followed by meditation then pool for the rest of the day.
This was 6 days of paradise.........eating, swimming, reading, meditating, drinking.......repeat!
Food was a sensational at every meal............loved my personal cooking lesson. Good food, good friends and a great view. My perfect holiday!
Highly recommend

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: landscaped grounds
Liked least: nothing I can think of
Travelling group: Friends
Xavierdes...
“Amazing time in Lovina”
Reviewed 11 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

It is hard to describe the time we had at Villa Patria but if I had to pick a few words, they would be: amazing and genuine luxury.
Great staff, fantastic host, amazing food, unique place and wellness.
Thanks Oka and your team for having looked after us and thank you Mike for having been such a fantastic host.
We'll be back!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
12 Oct 2014
Thank you for your kind words Xavier. It was our pleasure to have you and your family here. We all had a great time looking after you.
Best,
Mike
Harold W
Melbourne, Australia
“a place to unwind be pampered and just enjoy the manificent scenery”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

My wife and I have a place in Seminyak where we spend four to five months a year to escape the Melbourne winter.The hustle and bustle of South Bali does sometimes gets a little over bearing so we decided that a few days away would be great.I decided on Villa Patria after speaking to a friend who was associated with "The Damai Resort" which is close to Villa Patria.As per the previous comment,the last Kilometer of road needs some upgrading but once you arrive it is well worth the trip.the staff were attentive,the meals were excellent.WE had 4 relaxing days enjoying the manificent scenery,being massaged and pampered.I will definetely return.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The peace and serenity
Liked least: The last kilometer of road
Your age range 65+
Bono56
Canberra, Australia
“A little slice of heaven!”
Reviewed 19 May 2014 for a stay in May 2014
people found this review helpful

I booked Villa Patria after reading several reviews in Trip Advisor. This is our fourth trip to Bali but first time in Lovina. First thing to mention....be aware that the road to the villa (over the final two kilometres) is a shocker. Given the location I imagine it will be years before this is repaired. Having said that, on entering the compound, you are overcome by the beauty and serenity of your surroundings. John has created a virtual paradise ( and such a shame that he has moved back to the USA although I'm sure the new owner- Mr Michael - who we didn't meet will continue the fine tradition set by his predecessor). The pool area and view is stunning. The house is lovely and oh so comfortable. The food on offer is great and my only (small) criticism are the prices, which in truth are understandable given the remote location. Our main staff member Putu is fantastic and incredibly helpful. Particularly love how you alert staff that you need attention... A whooping big gong! Would recommend Villa Patria to all potential visitors to Lovina.

7 Jun 2014
Dear Ron,

First of all, thank you for your positive review and I am sorry I missed you while you were here.

The good news on the road is that it is set for hot mix from Damai and past here in July 2015.

Once again, thank you and I hope that there is a next time.

Kind Regards,
Mike Dolbey
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing