“The most beautiful place With the best staff I...”
other travellers have booked this property
Guest villa Guest villa- King size bed
Guest villa
Guest villa- King size bed
Bathroom
Outdoor shower
View from guest villa terrace
Guest villa terrace
Terrace
Entry and guest villa
Lumbung
Interior of Lumbung- Queen size bed
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
German first
Any
James B
“The most beautiful place With the best staff I have ever been!!!”
Reviewed 21 March 2018 for a stay in March 2018
person found this review helpful

As a traveler I have always stayed away from bali as a holiday destination, because from all reports I was told that is was a lot of hard partying Australians and pushy sales people, Not having a dig at any one who enjoys that part of Bali just not my cup of tea, each to their own and all that jazz.

Until I was told about villa Patria 3 hours north of Bali by my father and step mother who have spent some amazing times here and have raved about it non stop ever since. I have been shown countless pictures and told many awesome stories about the location, accomodation and the warmest staff (family) that you could possibly imagine. But none of those pictures or stories really did this place any justice, not even close!.

In my few long trips around the globe I have been to many countries and so many amazing, scenic, fun and exciting places but villa Patria tops them all, no word of s lie. The most scenic , relaxed, peaceful and friendly place I have ever been on the planet and I will def be coming back, if not living here at some stage in my life.

A huge thank you to Oka (the villa manager), Putu, Wayan, Ketut, Suma, Arik, Sila and Ketut. All the amazing staff here at villa Patria Are a huge part of what makes this place so special, welcoming and beautiful. I now consider them all my friends and they all deserve accolades for their level of service, care, Amazing food and attitudes.

5 May 2018
Thank you so much for your wonderful review James. It was a delight having you here and we really look forward to your return.
Best Wishes,
Krystal J
“Where do you even begin...”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018
person found this review helpful

The experience at Villa Patria was nothing short of 5 star.
On arriving at the airport, Dita the driver was clearly identified and helped me with my luggage to the waiting van with an esky full cold drinks and cool towels (just what I needed after the flight). Dita asked if I had eaten and stopped at a lovely place on the way for lunch.
I had spent a fair amount of time reading reviews and checking out pictures online of the villa and was still amazed by the view on arrival. Oka the manager met me on arrival and gave me a tour of the grounds and provided his direct contact details in case I needed anything. Oka was amazing, arranging tours and shuttles into town, taking me on a tour of the local markets and explaining some of the local customs and assisting with the purchase of some of the local exotic fruits.
Each morning I was greeted by the smiling face of Wayan each morning and at meal
Times who was lovely to chat with. The house is traditional Balinese with modern amenities, and an amazing swimming pool. Plans to have meals in Lovina never eventuated as the meals prepared onsite were too good to miss!

The villa is amazing! But it’s the staff that truly make this the experience it is. Nothing felt like it was too much to ask or trouble. I’m looking forward to visiting the villa again.
Hopefully this time the mango trees will be in season :)

21 Feb 2018
Dear Krystal,

Thank you for your very kind words. From all accounts it was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to your return in the not to distant future.
Kind Regards,
kristy c
Singapore, Singapore
“A little slice of heaven”
Reviewed 20 February 2018 for a stay in February 2018

I just finished a 5 day stay at Villa Patria and I can’t recommend it more highly. The setting is stunning - a hilltop villa with amazing views set in some of the most beautifully landscaped gardens I’ve seen. The service team were wonderful and catered to our every need. The food was so good we ate in the villa most days. A perfect retreat for some R&R

20 Feb 2018
Dear Kristy,
Thank you very much for your kind words, they are very much appreciated.
We hope to see you back at some stage soon.
Regards,
Allan B
“Perfect property for a perfect holiday”
Reviewed 9 January 2018 for a stay in December 2017
person found this review helpful

It's very difficult to describe how wonderful Villa Patria is, but I'll try.
The photo's you see don't come close to portraying the beauty of this amazing location. From the mountain spring fed pool, to the outstanding quality of the meals, the wonderful gardens, the view to the ocean and the beautiful friendly and attentive staff, Villa Patria is the ultimate in luxury, relaxation and privacy. We spent 10 days over Christmas and New Year at Villa Patria and were completely blown away by this magnificent property and it's amazing staff. Nothing is too much trouble for Oka, Wayan and the two very clever boy's in the kitchen, Putu and Ketut. The manicured gardens overseen by Suma and Ari are a delight to wander about and appreciate the diverse plant life.
We are already planning our next visit and can't wait to see our wonderful new friends once more and delight in the beauty of Villa Patria.

9 Jan 2018
Thank you for your kind words Allan.

You are most welcome back anytime.
MANAGEMEN...
Perth, Australia
“Lovely peaceful property”
Reviewed 30 October 2017 for a stay in October 2017

We have just returned from a two night stay at Villa Patria and cannot recommend it enough. The staff were truly amazing and the property just spectacular, set up high on the edge of the mountain, overlooking lush greenery below and Lovina Beach in the distance.

Food was so good, we ate every meal at the villa and did not leave.

The pool is huge and we spent afternoons just relaxing there listening to the birds and reading books.

I would certainly recommend this property to anyone wanting to experience Lovina. Lovely property, lovely staff and a lovely holiday.

1 Nov 2017
Thank you very much for your kind words.
We are very proud of what we have to offer.
I am sorry I was not there to meet you.
Next time?
Regards,
Charlie M
Leeds
“A haven of tranquility and relaxation in Bali with amazing food!!!”
Reviewed 23 October 2017 for a stay in September 2017

Located high up on the mountain side and overlooking Lovina, Villa Patria is a haven of tranquility and relaxation which feels a lifetime away from the craziness of Seminak or Kuta. We stayed for 6 nights in the guest Villa at Villa Patria and were so relaxed from our time there it felt more like 18 nights!

The Villa itself, whilst quite simple, is well appointed and the bed is so comfortable - we had some of the best sleep we have ever had at a hotel! Its a short walk from the Guest Villa to the Pool, which is a fantastic size and there are plenty of sunbeds and a daybed to lie on as well.

The staff of the villa are fantastic! Everyone made such an effort to ensure we were happy throughout the course of our stay. We did a couple of excursions through the villa (to see the beach and the local waterfalls) but mainly we just stayed by the Pool and chilled out - ordering lunch by the fall and even having a cheeky massage or two!

The food was absolutely phenomenal - the Green Curry, Chicken Bettutu and Spring Rolls are particularly excellent and not to be missed. We ate out one night, at the nearby Damai hotel, and whilst the food there was also very good - it was not any better than was served in the Villa, despite being two or three times more expensive. Food does have to be ordered 24 hours in advance, because the chefs go and purchase everything fresh each morning from the local market, but this was no issue and helped to ensure everything was super fresh and tasty.

There are a few things to note:
1. No shower gels/shampoos etc are provided so you should bring your own;
2. The Villa is set way up on the hillside and, whilst the Villa are happy to run you into Lovina as and when required, this means there isn't much to do within walking distance;
3. Being based up in the hills and surrounded by forest means there is lots of lizards, spiders, creepy crawlies etc. We didn't mind and aside from a few bites (from ants we think), didn't really notice but if you are really afraid of such creatures bare this in mind.

Villa Patria is essentially a 5* get away for Air BnB prices. If you are looking for complete relaxation this is the place for you! We really cannot thank Oka, Wayang, Dita, Ketut, Pilling and the rest of the team enough for everything they did during our stay. Thanks!

23 Oct 2017
Thank you so much for your kind words.
I will make sure they are passed on to the staff.
They will be delighted!
Kind Regards,
A TripAdvisor Member
“Perfect Peaceful Bali Retreat”
Reviewed 1 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

From the transportation from the South to Lovina, the Staff, The Charm, The Food, The views and the Serenity of what we all used to go to Bali for , this place is not to be missed. What an incredibly relaxing four days I had here, being totally spoilt and look after by an amazing team of beautiful local hospitality experts.
Thank you Oka and Wayan and the rest of the team, and of course also to Mike and Dety, such fantastic hosts.
I will be back ! Fondly David

1 Aug 2017
Hi David,
Thank you for your kind comments.
You are certainly welcome back anytime.
You were a delight for all of us here to host.
Warm Regards,
Mike
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing