“Steer clear of this place!”

Puri Saron Hotel Baruna Beach Cottages Bali
Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Malmo, Sweden
“Steer clear of this place!”
Reviewed 12 December 2012

Thankfully, we only went to Lovina for one night so my friend could see the dolphins.

This place looks lovely from the outside, with nice gardens, large pool area and it's beach location. However, our stay was horrible! The room was grimy, the safety deposit box wasn't working, the bathroom had black mold stains all over it, the shower curtain (btw, if you attempt a 4 star standard at a hotel, glass wall is the way to go. shower curtains are nasty) was dirty with brown stains. The AC was not cooperating and made the freezer seem to be a warm alternative to the room, although I cranked it up to 28 C (felt more like 13). The wine prices in the bar are ridiculous (about 3 times as high as in the rest of island) and once I'd ordered, I was brought rosé instead of white wine due to white being sold out (without informing me and giving me the option to order something different), the waiter simply told me that "their white wine looks pink" (I'd had the very same brand in a different place the night before, and it was not).
It should be mentioned that the staff are very nice and friendly and did their best with the hand that they've been dealt, of course the state of the hotel and its desperate need of renovation is beyond their control.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank DivaFabulous

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I booked 2 rooms at this hotel through its direct online booking 3 days before my arrival. I've received the confirmation email too. But when I arrived at the hotel and about to check in, the receptionist told me that there was no room booked on my name. I was very disappointed because I did the booking directly from the hotel website not from the third partner like Agoda or Booking.com. How come they say that my name wasn't on the reservation list?? In the end, I still got 2 rooms. Well, the staffs were very kind. They fulfilled every request I asked them to. The room was big and clean. The bed was enough for 3 to sleep comfortably. In the bathroom, there's a bathtub and also a shower. Hot water is available. If u need anything, the room service available until 11 pm. About the food, I gotta be honest, not that good. I ordered Tom Yam and Fish n Chips for dinner. The Fish n chips was fine, but the tom yam tasted bad. Didn't match the expensve price. Same thing happened with breakfast. I asked for early breakfast because I had to go at 06.45 am. They only served boiled eggs, boiled potatoes, bread and butter, and fruits. Wasn't happy with that. Will I stay there again on my next visit to lovina? It could be, but it won't be my 1st option.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank bun9i
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

We booked a bungalow / villa and we had our own private pool which was amazing for the price we paid. The staff were friendly but the beers were double what we had paid elsewhere and the food as average.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 October 2012

The hotel grounds are idyllic and well kept, the rooms are comfortable and tidy, and the staff were very helpful. They were quick to respond to any request and went the extra mile to be friendly and make sure you have a comfortable stay. The location is a little far away from town and the places to eat and shop, but a driver from the hotel can take you anywhere and pick you up for a small fee. Swimming on the beach is difficult here as the beach is not sandy and fairly grubby, but you can hire a boat from the beach to take you out snorkelling, and the hotel pools are nice to swim in. Expensive to buy beer from the hotel, but a short walk to the main road can get beer at 1/3 the price.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a villa and it was lovely
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

The room still acceptable but the lighting in the room is not suit me. Overall of the service are ok and I will recommend my fren to stay at deluxe room and not the superior room because the view of superior room at night are not feeling good in which like u r staying in an haunted room.. But there was nothing at me.. Am enjoy there..

• Stayed September 2012
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 20 August 2012

what a terrible hotel. I'm booked for 3 room . When I make the booking , i request for 3 connector room, when we reached the hotel , they give us 3 room with far location and give us the reason that full ok fine we accept the reason.
However when we saw the room is terrible!!!
1st room - the room was smelly, water pump is not strong enough, when we take bath, the water supply is very small and the air cond is leaking !!!!
2nd room - smelly room , and very insecure . when we close the door , outside person still can see thru inside .....
3rd room - insecure and the room have Centipede !!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank goh c

Travellers are raving about these Lovina Beach hotels

Calgary
Reviewed 8 August 2012

This place has gorgeous view of the ocean and 2 lovely pools as well as nice rooms. On the downside, the restaurant is overpriced...for example the beer was about double what you would find at a cheaper restaurant or store. The hot water did not work in our room and then the water did not work in general but the staff fixed it promptly when we told them. The place is a bit far from Lovina so there is not much around there. Plan to rent a scooter or get a taxi to town for meals if you don't want to eat in the restaurant. On a side note, for an amazing meal go to Bali 9 restaurant on Loviania street (next to dolphin hotel) for the best meal ever!
I would recommend this hotel for quiet relaxing time lounging by the pool if you don't care if you are close to the town centre.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple