“Bit worn down, but great swimming pool and garden”
Review of Puri Bali Hotel

and 1 more site!
Puri Bali Hotel
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Reviewed 30 January 2013

I really do not understand the management of this hotel. Their swimming pool and their garden is just perfect: clean and really beautiful, a lot of staff running around. But their rooms are just so worndown and filthy, it just doesn't match. When I arrived I stayed in one of the bungalows, but it started to rain and I discovered that there was a big leak in the roof. When I told the staff they didn't even ask me to show it to them, I just got a new room. I don't think they actually fixed the roof. And then the second bungalow also had a big leak! I moved to one of the rooms upstairs and it was fine, though I found squirrel- or mousedroppings on the floor and even the sheets. And a black hair, which was defintely not mine...

So during the day at the swimming pool I really enjoyed the hotel, but at night I had to use my own sheets and towels because it seemed so filthy. The free wifi is really slow and also just works for a couple of hours a day, and you can only use it for one computer per room. Breakfast was OK, tasty but really small portions.

If the hotel just fixes the rooms, give it a good renovation and cleans them more often it could be perfect, now it's just aversge!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 December 2012 via mobile

Knocked them down to 70k from 80k for a 2 story family bungalow. Very clean and great lounge and balcony. The beds were rock hard otherwise a fantastic place to stay. Breakfast was included. Simple but tasty. Great location and heaps of parking as we had a hire car.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 15 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed for only one night in Lovina, paid 250k for a deluxe room. If you want space, a large balcony and don't care about a good clean bathroom than this is your choice. The bathroom could really need some renovation. Breakfast is simple, great pool though! Location is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We paid 250k for the deluxe room with air condition and hot water (off-season 300k would be the normal price). Although the bathroom is really shocking , we had WiFi at our balcony (room 20) and the pool area is also quite nice! Breakfast is ok, but the coffee is really horrible (as often in Bali)

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We stayed 2 nights and paid 250.000 /night for a standar bungalow. Which is quite a good price. There many other lodge options around with even better prices with also swimming pool.

It's a very nice place with a lovely and big swimming pool.
Garden is very nice too.
Staff speaks well english but service is just correct.
Breakfast is very good.
Wifi works fine in the rooms.
The room are just correct.

Travel agency and money change doesn't offer competitive prices so check anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2012

Arrived there after an exhausting trip from Ubud by motorcycle.
Booked a superior room, but when I arrived and saw the room I asked for the Deluxe.Room B
Due low season, just 50,000 IDR more.
The superior room was moldy, only fan which didn't cool down the room at all.
The Deluxe Room was better, but still after searching for a power outlet and moved the side table, I found a lot dust. So cleaning doesn't really take place.
The towels looked fresh, but some dark spots made me feel, they were not really clean.
The hot shower, as advertised, was just heater which didn't produce hot water after 10 minutes anymore.
I asked for free WiFi, the reception gave me a paper with login and password, valid for 3 hours, assuring me, that after 3 hours I can use the same login again.
Well, at midnight I got the message, limit reached. Nothing with login again, next morning they told me, only 3 hours per day is free.
Breakfast was standard Banana Pancake or Toast with egg, but I had to ask for the breakfast.
Planned to stay there 2 nights, moved out the next day

Room Tip: Even if you have a tight budget, ask for the Deluxe Room and negotiate the price.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Tom886
Reviewed 31 October 2011

Great swimming pool but the cheapest room (150 000 R after bargaining) was very humid and not very clean (+ carpet on the walls). Breakfast is ok. Internet is expensive and the travel agency is neither very honest nor welcoming. We bought a bus ticket (150 000 R each) to bondowoso via Situbondo. The guy went with us waiting at the bus station (5 min walking) at 6h30 pm. Everything was ok until Situbondo but arriving there (around midnight), there were no bus to Bondowoso. The next one was at 5 or 6am... We ended up paying around 150 000 R for a mini bus that was such a wreck that it broke on the way (fuel leak). The guys repaired it. And we made it to the Palm Hotel around 2h00 am or so. What a trip !

Room Tip: not the cheapest one
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple