Lilin was the worst accommodation I had for my whole bali trip though it was the most expensive. It was pretty but impractical, and service was lukewarm. I recommend going 2 units down to Aditya which was so different and warm.when we went for dinner.
1. Amenities: Aircon remotes did not work, and the water trickled in such a small stream from the shower head. Furthermore, the water would turned hot suddenly, making it very unsafe for me to bathe my baby. There are no phones in the room hence you can't communicate with the reception nor with another room.
2. There were black sand flies on my bed & I got a few bites
3. There is a water dispenser in the room: very unsafe for young toddlers as the hot water button did not have a safety catch & toddlers would easily get scalded.
4. Inattentive staff: they arranged for 1 massage & 2 facial but we were told to wait for 20min when we went over. Later on, they told us we could only do 1 massage & 1 facial, and had to wait for another facial to be done. Massage was good but facial was very rough & uncomfortable. On the 2nd day, we were heading out at 11 and told them to come back later to do housekeeping but they did not do so. Early in the morning at 8, the staff was sweeping loudly outside our room, waking us up. Staff were not sure of the excursion/ massage rates when queried, and it was different from the rates published on their web. A China couple was even quoted USD10 for dolphin watching though it only cost 80,000rp
5. Worst part was the dinner at the acclaimed no. 1 Rikki's Bistro: waiting time was long, there were mosquitoes & the food was horrible though arranged nicely. Free concert was from 6-7pm but the musicians were more interested to check their mobile phones than to play nice music, and you don't see any smiles or pride in them.
6. Breakfast: You don't have a choice. You just eat what they serve you. Fruits & juice are standard. 1st day we got muffins & baked eggs that were very salty. 2nd day we got baked apple pie & banana pancakes (both sweet items).
7. We asked for a refund for the 2nd night but Rikki would only offer us half of what we paid, which made the entire experience even more sore because she said that she did not feel that they were responsible for my disappointment. It all really adds up.
8. Misleading description: We had a courtyard villa, but it was more like 2 rooms side by side that shared a pool. Very limited walking space & unsafe for elderly & toddlers, and the pool is quite deep if they fall in. There is no common area like other villas, for mingling with family. This is a huge huge disappointment. The supposed "dining area" is merely a small table with 2 armchairs in front of your room! Be careful & clarify. They obviously do not know what villa means despite being in Bali.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lilin is a unique beachfront retreat on Bali's north coast. Private villas feature personal plunge pools, courtyard gardens and in-room spa treatments. Rooms have both AC and fan cooling, TVs and DVDs on request, free WiFi internet. Guests enjoy beachfront lounges for sunning, reading and relaxing. Savor the delight of Bali outdoor living and the comforts of home in these beachfront villas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel Bali