“Rambutan - One of the best!”

Rambutan Boutique Hotel
Ranked #6 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
South Australia
“Rambutan - One of the best!”
Reviewed 30 March 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed the relaxed, peaceful ambience of arguably the best hotel in the area. Richard and Tini and staff are welcoming, helpful, friendly and experienced in ensuring that guests are well looked after. Our room was clean, well-serviced and comfortable. The gardens accentuate the delightful pools, the restaurant and bar provide great service. The best thing about our stay was the feeling that we were among friends; the least appealing aspect was that we had only 5 days there!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Indonesian first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 March 2010

This collection of rooms and villas, set in beautiful gardens, around tranquil pools is certainly a nice concept. Lovina is a bit trashy as a resort, so it is nice to be able to remove yourself. Rambutan has been around for a while and this is starting to show. Our villa certainly needed updating and was a bit shoddy. This also goes for the restaurant - where the service was friendly, but not forthcoming. The food also matched this theme. I had a treatment in the spa - which was probably one of the worst I have ever experienced. I should have known it was going to be bad, when the therapist stood and watched me undress. Then, the rest of the spa team used the treatment room as a corridor to the toilet throughout the treatment (the sound of a flush is not going to help you 'zone out') and at one point I had to ask one of the other therapists to stop talking, when she decided that it was OK to sit and chat with the person doing my treatment. With a bit of TLC and some attention to detail - they could rectify this poor experience.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends
buluan, Owner at Rambutan Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 29 March 2010
Thank you for your comments about Lovina and Rambutan.

Firstly Lovina is situated in a village setting, so not always what people are looking for but certainly great if you want to experience a more realistic picture of Bali.

Here at Rambutan we realize the importance of maintenance and are always trying to keep our place looking well maintained and have a full time handyman working for us.

The spa was just recently opened in July last year and we employ two trained therapists who are experienced and according to us do a great job and so far the spa has been a huge success and very popular with our guests. We are sorry that your experience was below par.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Richard and Tini Hood made our holiday amazing, the hotel is fantastic. It is clean, affordable, super-friendly (without being bothersome) and relaxing.
The hotel grounds are immaculately kept, the restaurant is very good, there is a pool table and 2 beautiful pools.
Eddy their driver picked us up from Denpasar and drove us back at the end of the holiday for the same reasonable price as a taxi, but it was very comfortable and he is a very nice man, full of interesting facts and explains the countryside to you.
The day spa is AMAZING! i had a hot stone massage, facial, and pedicure and it was all super affordable and the ladies that work in there are just brilliant.
There is a fun and nice bar down the road near the beach called Sing Ken Ken which was great - we went there every night and had a blast each time. There are some great food carts in the other direction down the road too.
I can't wait to go back there, the Rambutan is where i want to be when in Bali.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
nyc
Reviewed 15 February 2010

loved this hotel, best place to stay in lovina. the grounds are an oasis, the pools are beautiful and the rooms are a good value. stayed in the putri suite, the prettiest stone mosaic walls in the bath. the staff every morning collects fresh flowers from the garden to use around the rooms and as offerings, realy beautiful. we used their driver eddy and he was a great driver. he took us to the hot springs and monastary (totally recommend both) and then to ubud by way of mundik and stopped along the way to show us beautiful views...a great road trip.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chamula
Jakarta
Reviewed 31 December 2009

we brought 2 nights @ rambutan.
This is a very recommended hotel in Lovina. Price is very reasonable with Aircon and hot water. But importants are: Room and bath are clean !!!
The owner (Richard and Wife) is very friendly.
The location is near the beach, so we just need 1 minute to walk for watching the dolphins on 6 am :-) The hotel personals are very friendly and ready to help.

Very recommended hotel to stay if you make a journey to north Bali !

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
australia
Reviewed 8 December 2009

My family and friends recently stayed at Rambutan Boutique Hotel Lovina for six days. We chose this hotel because it is situated in one of two of the main streets of Lovina. My husand and I had recently been marrried in Perth and were getting married again in my husbands village close to Lovina. Richard and Tini owners of the hotel were organising our wedding buffett held on their premises for 87 guests. It was all a bit daunting as Richard and Tini were also organising our traditional costumes for the wedding and other bits and pieces which we were not there to do. When the day game all went extremely well, and Tini was wonderful with myself and family and friends in their new Spa salon helping everyone get ready at a very early 6am in the morning. My husband and I stayed in the Putri honeymoon villa, my daughter and fiance stayed in Rama Villa and our friends in Sita Villa. The villas were fantastic all were clean and all had air conditioning large bathrooms and large fridges.

The staff at rambutan were helpful although some did struggle with English, the restaurant food was great, and a new bar has been installed for those pool cocktails, (still practising them though). The new spa is just the place beautifully done, and nice and relaxing.

We would be more than happy to stay there again, and if you want to be in the main area of Lovina this hotel is smack in the middle, alot of the other hotels are a good 12- 20mins away and not within walking distance to shops and restaurants.

To Richard Tini and his family - thank you for making the stay a stress free holiday and for making our guests at the wedding reception welcome.

We would not hesitate to stay there again in the future

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
SYDNEY
Reviewed 4 October 2009

My stay at the Rambutan Cottages was one of the most memorable experiences whilst holidaying in Bali and I hope to stay there again September. The villa/s I stayed in were just what I hoped for. I wa celebrating a special occassion and the cottages lived up to fullfilling that occasion.

I found the rooms beautifully fitted and just loved the intimacy of the decorations, lighting and bathrooms, in fact upon my return to Sydney I have decorated my bathroom with some of the same ideas.

The owner Richard Hood was wonderful and he and his staff and family went out of their way to make my stay so comfortable.

The day spa experience was one of the best. I had the hot stone massage, having never had one before I will intend having one again on my next visit.

I would highly recoomend the cottages and Day Spa to anyone visiting or staying in Lovina.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple