“Lovely Property”
Review of The Lovina

The Lovina
Ranked #2 of 24 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We have just returned from Lovina Bali, we booked a 3 night package but as soon as we arrived we felt comfortable and booked for another 4 nights. Right front the start we had a/port pickup, Made' our driver standing there with our names so easy to find him, very friendly chap who spoke good English and communicated with us for the whole trip.We had a room with mountain views and plunge pool, VERY well equipt with cooking facilities and a large frig.The staff are so friendly here and always say hello from the gardener to front desk,bar staff at beach are excellent and make any sort of drink you want also the beach cafe serves excellent food and at reasonable prices considering its a resort.The shuttle service to Central was good and we had no problems with them collecting us, just a matter of a phone call from the restaurant that you may be at.We checked out the 1/2 b/room ocean view suites and they are amazing just like a small apartment with all the mod cons, we are planning comming back next year.The Lovina Bali won't disappoint you if you decide to come here as somebody wrote its like what Kuta was 20 years ago quiet and easy to walk around and good eating place and supermarket close by. The Tonic Spa was excellent, the staff very professional and we were very please with our treatment

Room Tip: Rooms in back section have mountain and rice fields views but also have a nice pool and also very qu...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trevham1946

Reviewed 13 May 2014

We are in house as i type,we travel twice to three times a year in Asia and i have to tell you this hotel is right up there with the best of them.
Clean Tick
Friendly triple Tick
Food Tick Tick Tick
Room 5 Tick's
Pool More Tick's
Spa Tick Tick tick
Surrounding Eating Great choce

We are a +50 couple used to only the best of accomodation and facilities and this hotel is exeptional and not to be missed.

Con and Lynne

Room Tip: We stayed in a one bedroom suite on the rice paddy side on the first floor great room a short very s...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank conlyn231
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed at the Lovina as part of a small tour group and loved every minute of our stay. The hotel is quite new and many decorative additions are being planned by the management. The room we had was a small suite equipped with a modern kitchen and bath, a small living room and a very comfortable bedroom. We had a small, private patio with our own jacuzzi. There are several swimming pools with one located right on the beach. The bar makes perfect mojitos, gin and tonics, etc. The staff is friendly (the owner-managers are Australian) and we were made to feel right at home. Breakfasts were delicious and the calamari dinner we had (served to us at sunset and on the beach) was delicious. We really needed to spend at least one more day here! There is a small gift shop (yep, we bought some souvenirs here we hadn't seen elsewhere) and free wi-fi and other room amenities are standard. We loved it here and could have spent more time here as well. I'm sure there was a spa but didn't use it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank bumihills2016
Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have never before met such friendly attentive staff,from beginning to end,without exception they all felt like family(good family!)
The hotel is relatively new,we stayed in a mountain view room with our own plunge pool which we can highly recommend,a swimming pool is right at the front door.The room was just great,plenty room,well appointed,clean and very comfortable We walked around Lovina Village which was quiet clean and tidy,without being unduly hassled
This is the place to stay for quiet, peace and personal attention by a professional,friendly staff

Room Tip: Don:t miss this one
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I have to agree with "HillyMelbourne2012" comments, we had a fantastic time at The Lovina... I have been coming to Bali since 1976 and this was my 17th visit. But it was my sons first as a surprise 19th birthday present!To give him an all round experience we stayed in Seminyak, Lovina and Sanur. Our stay here was just fabulous, the staff & service, the food, the amenities, are all five star in my book, we just had the best time!!! Having been totally rebuilt 2 years ago I wish the owners all the best with their venture and I can only encourage new travellers to Bali to experience the other side of the Island and all it has to offer !!!!!1

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent and depending on the season they will upgrade you if they can, there are...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chrisjones2014
Reviewed 23 April 2014

great place very quiet nice and clean very friendly we stayed in studio with rice paddies view was great as was different from the beach view for a change
pool we great too recommended for couple that don't want to do much shopping

1  Thank Linda D
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Let me start this by saying I am a regular traveller to Seminyak Bali and have stayed in a number of hotels/villas during this time. On this occasion I decided to travel north where I had been recommended for dolphin watching, hot springs, waterfalls, diving, clean quiet beaches & much more.

I arrived at The Lovina and was instantly welcomed by the friendly attentive staff that couldn't have been more helpful. I stayed in one of their villas with fantastic beach views which I would definitely recommend. Having your own pool is certainly a positive but don't worry if you don't as the main pool is right on the beach and quite large. There is also a smaller pool at the rear of the property where the Mountain View rooms are. This is the perfect space to relax and read a book away from the other younger guests, aka- children.

For those of you who like to exercise on your holiday, I was impressed that they had a modern fitness studio that is certainly adequate for your holiday needs. It has a new treadmill, spin bike, smith machine, multi station, a bench, dumbbells (up to 20kg) and a barbell.

The rooms had all the usual things you would expect of a hotel of this quality. Again, being a villa it had even more space & facilities than you would usually get in a hotel room. I have put a couple of photos on this review so you can see the beautiful sunsets that you can witness from this hotel.

The food at the restaurant was also great. I tried the fish curry, the beef salad and the prawn linguine and they were all amazing! So fresh, well presented & full of flavour. During one of my dining experiences, the owners introduced themselves to me as well & seemed genuinely interested in my feedback & ensuring I was enjoying myself. One of them said “please tell me if there is anything we can do better, we're always looking to improve & you can not offend us". I was really impressed by their friendliness and professionalism through my short exposure to them.

I had a massage at the spa, and it too was an enjoyable experience. The staff were very accommodating and moved their break schedules around for my partner & I as we needed to be on a tour later that afternoon. The spa doesn't have closed off rooms & are divided by curtains but let me assure you that the rooms are dark, quiet & playing peaceful back ground music. It is still very private & spacious despite the lack of walls. I noticed that they were building something next to the current spa location & was later told that they are already in the process of building a new Spa so I look forward to seeing it next time.

Lastly, I have read the most recent review from someone called; MVM81. I couldn't disagree more with the information they have put in here. In my opinion if he/she wasn't happy with this hotel then he/she will never be happy!

I recommend getting the hotel to organise you a dive tour to the WW2 wreak. The dive company they recommend is called 'Arrow Dive' & it was also great. The instructor had been diving for 21 years and was so conscious of safety he regularly bought new equipment (something that some Asian diving companies don't seem to do!). He was also happy to tailor the dive around my requests for scheduling etc.

Anyway, awesome hotel, great staff, great food, great views & great location! The only regret is I didn't stay longer!

2  Thank HillyMelbourne2012