“My Dream Wedding”

Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Lovina Beach
Maroochydore, Australia
“My Dream Wedding”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Dear Rob, Barb, Lee and the gorgeous Lovina Team!

Firstly our sincere apologies for not posting this sooner!

Secondly, and most importantly, we would like to thank every Lovina Team member that assisted in coordinating and celebrating our dream wedding day and our unforgettable stay!

There are so many memorable details that i would like to share and so many people that played a part that we would like to thank, that it would be terribly difficult to mention you all. Everyone at Lovina was amazing! Everyone was friendly and always knew your name but what was really special was that no matter who it was, the Chef, Bar Staff, House Keeping, everyone was on the lookout ready to assist with a smile!

We were lucky enough to stay in a Private Beach Villa that had our own pool - DEVINE!
Just such an amazing atmosphere to really come and relax and unwind with cocktails at sunset on the beach, afternoon snoozes on the day bed in your private villa gardens, walks along the beach, snorkelling, boat & swim with dolphins....just so much to do..if you want to.

Guys our wedding was amazing, you took care of every little detail!
The Hair & makeup guy was magical - what he can do with just a comb, bobby pins and hair spray is unreal! Highly recommend him! Barb will be able to organise for you.
All the people that sat in the gardens and made the decorations - they were beautiful, thank you!
The Band - we could of listened to you all night! We hope to hear you again one day :)
My little bridesmaid - you looked stunning, thank you being a part of our special day.
Our Chef - absolutely delicious! Thank you for taking the time to come and see that everything was to our satisfaction. My goodness there are so many of you... just know that we are so very thankful and grateful to all of you.

Rob, Barb & Lee - thanks for everything! Every little detail! Thank you for being snap happy (1600 photos). Thank you for giving Troy and i an unforgettable wedding day! We will be back very soon!

For those considering the Lovina...this is an amazing resort that has found a perfect balance of a family resort with being able to offer the seclusion and exclusivity to couples. Highly recommend to all!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JeanetteS1981

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Fantastic resort! Excited on arrival with all the resort had to offer. Five minutes later we decided we didn't want to leave. Staff very helpful and always greeted with smiles. Facilities extremely clean. Biggest choices of our stay was beach or pool, which cocktail and food. Garden villa apartment was amazing. Check out the Spa..... Massages were dreamy and tranquil in their new outside settings.

Room Tip: We stayed in their garden villas, central to all facilities.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Florinda R
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I stayed here with my partner over New Years for 4 nights in the Deluxe Suite with view of the mountains. From the moment we got there the staff were all so amazing, friendly, always on the look out to help, seriously the best and most friendly service i have ever experienced anywhere.

Although i really wanted a seaview room (booked very late and was booked out) i LOVED the view of the mountains and enjoyed sitting on the balcony reading and watching the villagers in the field. It also made the perfect place to watch the millions of fireworks going off all across the mountains on New Years.

I wish we had more chill out time to enjoy the hotel more but we did get to use the beach chairs one day while relaxing with a drink and book. the weather being around new years was a little dicey so never got to swim in the ocean but looked stirred up and uninviting at the time. Also i didn't get to use the pools once either but loved the fact there were two and they looked great.

When i went to do a swim with dolphins and twice when we wanted to go out for a meal we were given free rides by the hotel shuttle almost straight away which was great.

The main thing i need to give attention to is that we'd booked to be a part of the New Years Dinner but on the day i came down with food poisoning and attempted to go down for a while but had to leave shortly after, we rang up reception to see if we could waive the fee as it was quiet a lot (as most bali hotels are on new years) even though we'd be ticked off and they kindly obliged which was really nice. Despite being sick we still enjoyed our new years watching millions of fireworks going off from the comfort of our balcony, it was epic!

My only con from our entire stay would be the average breakfasts, which we didn't enjoy to much although some of the balinese dishes like the chicken stirfry was good (just not very breakfasty). But in saying that it was edible and there were options of hot and cold stuff, and good pastries. One morning when my partner was feeling sick i ate alone and asked if i could bring a plate back to the room and in saying that i was instantly helped in getting together a variety of things for him and they insisted they would carry it to the room for me, again going above and beyond and great service.

I almost forgot to mention the awesome room service! We ate in 2 nights we loved the food on the menu so much and it was all so well priced. We had great pizzas and toasted sandwiches.

When i return to North Bali i won't look any further then this fabulous hotel and beautiful friendly staff, i highly recommend!

Thankyou to everybody at The Lovina for such amazing hospitality and making it such a great stay for us for our first time in North bali, we will be back!

Room Tip: I usually prefer sea view but the deluxe suite with mountain view was great! Especially over New Yea...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

My third trip to Bali and this had to be my best experience. The Lovina proved beyond my expectation. As a solo traveller, I was apprehensive and nervous but soon found my way around the beautiful gardens. All the staff were genuinely friendly and helpful. I had all my meals at the resort, mostly at the beach bar and I felt safe and secure. The food was perfect and I tried every Indonesian meal on the menu. I went for many relaxing and safe walks along the beach and into the village. The dolphin boat trip was interesting and I was lucky to see the full moon fading and the early morning sun rising at the same time. The dolphins were evasive which didn't worry me, I got a glimpse of a large pod, but naturally they are going to avoid a mass onslaught of boats chasing them. I was on the dolphins side and it bothers me that they get stalked every morning. I would rather see the boats get into a position and sit and wait, at least they didn't try and entice them with food. In future I would just rather go out on a boat trip and leave the dolphins alone. I was sad to leave this beautiful place but have made a promise that I will return next year. Thank you to all the staff at the Lovina, particularly Happy, Ricky and my very special friend the pool cleaning man. His son is an artist and I shared my silly paintings with him. It was nice to have some one to talk to, even though there was a bit of a language barrier. I think that just made our chats that bit more enjoyable. Hope to see you all next time.
Cheers from Miss Chris

Room Tip: I had the last room E16 so no-one was walking past looking in and I had about three steps from the f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank ChristineK572014
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 9 June 2014

We stayed 5 nights in a 2 bedroom beach suite, we had our 89 year old Mother/mother in Law with us and she was treated like royalty by the staff. Our suite was just fantastic and beautifully clean. We used the facilities at the resort to the full, the sparkling pool and beach bar, sunset dining on the beach, room service. The well set up gym with toilet and shower, the great massages from the Body Tonic Spa ( including my mother -in-law) and the tour desk and shuttle service. Wonderful holiday Lovina, many thanks, hope to be back again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank derek b
Bega
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My partner and I had a beautiful time here, had a room by the pool, very spacious and clean. The pool is just beautiful, big clean and inviting. Pool bar and restaurant were in a fantastic setting, right in the beach. Good selection of food and impeccable service. Could not ask for more. Spa was well worth the visit.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Rachel J
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The Lovina brings the relaxing resort experience to it's peak! Away from the maddening crowds, and with a pool only steps from the room, it's "the" place to get away from it all. The food (especially the wood oven pizza) is wonderful, and the prices are far more reasonable than elsewhere in Bali. I'd stay again in a minute!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo