Villa Agung Beach Inn
Hotel My Lovina(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$48
US$177
US$130
Agoda.com
Lilin Lovina Beach Hotel(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$35
Agoda.com
The Hamsa Bali Resort(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$32
US$28
Bali Paradise Hotel Boutique Resort(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$53
US$45
Agoda.com
Puri Mangga Sea View Resort & Spa(Lovina Beach)(Great Value!)
US$83
US$69
Agoda.com
All reviewsgreat hostsfamily roomupstairs deckregular roombathroom drainmy home away from homefrangipani treesfriendly owners and staffdolphin tourfishing boatsair conking bedbasic accommodationthe open air restaurantsense of peaceregular guestsbeach sellers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 May 2014

It was a great time there at Villa Agung. It is right at the beach and you can have your breakfast and massage with a sea view. The garden is tiny but nice. The staff there are very friendly. They help to call massage in and book dolphin tour of next day. Lucky to see so many wild dolphins there in the morning with a beautiful sunrise. The best part is to relax at the beach side and it is very quiet. The only thing to note is that it is located 5km far away from central lovina and you need to take taxis after 6 pm because all bemos are out at night. The taxi may cost you IDR 40,000 or 50,000 per car for one way.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2014

The place is typical for 3-star hotel. I liked the beachfront private terrace overlooking the ocean, with massage lady offering me bali traditional massage, it was relaxing. I didn't like the cloudy and grey rose wine they served me at the restaurant thou. We smelled sewage water and heard Bahasa announcement done for a long time on a loud speaker next door at night by the beach. But the service was impeccable. Could stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
villaagung, Owner at Villa Agung Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

I regret the disturbance for our guests but I believe the chanting was from the fishing village nearby as a celebration for their temple. It only happens very occasionally and is part of Balinese culture. Villa Agung Beach Inn.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

At the risk of being redundant, the place is GREAT. During my year in Jakarta we made two trips; the first with my partner then a return by myself. Could I figure out out how to do it I'd spend at least 6 months a year here. Maybe next year. In the meantime I hope that they are not overrun with guests (although they deserve it!) so that there will be space for me (us!)

It is small, friendly and most hospitable. To remind me every day I have a photo I took of sunset from the terrace bar at the desktop on my laptop. I hope that this helps other travellers to make the right choice!

If you are staying elsewhere be sure to go for dinner!

If nothing else gets us there, then a honeymoon next year!!!!

In case I forgot to say it the Villa Agung is GREAT!!!!! I

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chris P
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at Villa Agung in February for 4 nights. It was the slow season but you couldn't tell from the service or the condition of the property, rooms or restaurant. The room had very comfortable beds, stayed clean and the air conditioner made for quiet cool sleep. The locatoin right on the black sand beach was fantastic. The rates were very low and the food was just as well priced.

Gus and the staff are so friendly. They really go out of their way to make sure everything is just right and if you have a request, they're happy to take care of it. One of the folks with us became ill (nothing due to Villa Agung) and Gus was kind enough to offer another room so the roommate who wasn't ill would be able to sleep!

I didn't use the massage services but others on our trip did and they reported that they were very nice and extremely affordable at about $10 per hour. If you're looking for a quiet getaway with a great view and great family atmosphere on the North side of Bali, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Michael A
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After visiting in 2012, I was fortunate to revisit in Feb 2014. The hotel is right on the beach making it easy to load on for the dolphin trip at dawn. The food is amazing and hosts extremely friendly. Rooms are great. My room had a fan and air conditioner. Immediately, I have always felt at home coming to Villa Agung and look forward to returning.

Room Tip: Rooms with air conditioners also have ceiling fans. The menu is constantly revised with extreme attention to detail, resulting in superb food.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends