“Beautiful spot!”
Review of Knouff Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heffley Creek
Knouff Lake Resort
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Spent may long weekend with my wife and small dog (very dog friendly) and thoroughly enjoyed the location.
Rented one of the small cabins with lake view that comes with beautiful wood stove (wood stove fire wood comes with cabin) that works just fine, however would perhaps recommend an alternative camp cook stove to bring along if you want to boil some water quicker, other than that it worked great to warm up/cook food as well as warm up the cabin. Yes this is not the Four Seasons Hotel but for people who traditionally use a tent this was our litle luxury with a great view of the lake. Brand new dock along with a large number of boats with either a 4 horse motor or electric for trolling around the lake for a small fee of course.
Bathroom was perhaps one of the cleanest and largest that we been at for most campgrounds. Would definately go back to catch the big one!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dickdoor

Reviewed 27 April 2013

I spent probably 10-15 summers growing up on Knouff, wow what a place. It was the best time of my entire life. At about age 25 I was travelling from Vancouver to Edmonton and decided maybe I should check out that fishing camp and relive my childhood memories.
I was disgusted when I showed up by the charges of a cabin for almost $100 a night and charges to use a crappy old boat with a trolling motor for $40 a day(we paid and went out for about an hour and it got dark, no discount). Had I driven up the mountain earlier in the day I would've turned around immediately but we were exhausted. The cabins should be topping about $20 a night even in 2013.

The owners were not hospitable or pleasant in anyway, I felt unwelcome. The only way I will ever return to this lake is if I have enough money to buy the cabin my Grandpa built from scratch himself.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Tyler C
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Just came back from a weekend here. This was a great place for ice fishing, the cabin "Lake View" is from a time long past. Complete with a wood burning stove (cooked a lasagna in it, worked great). If you are the type of person who thumbs their nose at a Super 8, this place is not for you. If you can catch your own diner, and light a fire, this place is great. Some of reviewers claim the owner(s) were rude or "cold", never saw it, but then again, I treat people with respect first, and it usually flows back ten fold. Washrooms were clean, shower for a couple loonies. Pack in your own water. I will go back.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank cheezewiz
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We have been staying at Knouff Lake Resort for the past six summers, was great up to this year.
It seems to have fallen into disarray, the owners this year have been very cold towards people, There was a mouse infestation, people left after being talked down to, bringing this to the owner's attension seemed to trigger anger.
We also experienced mice eating our food at night, placed up on shelves the mice found it, droppings in the supplied toaster,along shelves,on the table a dead mouse in the dog's water dish.
My Wife has a disability, climbing stairs to the washroom was a ordeal in the dark, the stair lights were not working, even after informing the staff about this, eight days later they were still out.
My Wife became ill on the second day and still has not recovered, the diagnoses is H. Pylori which is from contaminated water.
We regret we will not be going back to Knouff Lake Resort, we will certainly miss the great times we had in past years but the owners no longer care to maintain the resort as it was in the past.

Room Tip: check before booking that the water contamination has been corrected
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Roco2134
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have been going to Knouff lake for up to 18 years. When I first saw the cabins I thought they were old and dirty Yes they are rustic cabins. I love that they bring you back to a place of how it used to be. A great learning experience for your kids.
If you want a five star holiday stay in vancouver. . It's beautiful there. Respect the rules and you will have a great vacation. I hope all you people who say you won't be back stay away. We like the peace and quiet of a beautiful serene holiday. Your loss is our gain .

• Stayed: August 2012
2  Thank IngaOlaf
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights with 4 adults and 5 kids in the Kings cabin.
The staff were very helpful and I think went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable.
The cabins were clean and the kids had a great time. The washrooms and showers were also clean well maintained. We would stay there again , over all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank John W
Reviewed 12 August 2012

I had to leave the family reunion for work reasons, but had pretty decent experience with the staff, nice setting, clean. Found out after we left that we were overcharged for the cabin, quite a bit more than the brochur advertised. Otherwise it was ok. Apparently the ownew has some wicked mood swings and probably should let his wife or daughter look after the guests, while he does chores that don't include talking to people, especially when he starts yelling and swearing, but I wasn't there for that scene. Anyway, the people that were spending their vacation time there were great people and made our stay enjoyable!

Room Tip: Don't book the cabins, rent an RV,try to avoid dealing with the owner.lf a lady answers the phon...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank John F

Been to Knouff Lake Resort? Share your experiences!