“Great Lake and Sketchy Cabins”
Review of Knouff Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heffley Creek
Knouff Lake Resort
West Kelowna, Canada
“Great Lake and Sketchy Cabins”
Reviewed 23 May 2013

We went fishing to Knouff Lake last weekend. The resort is impressive, tidy and is a great place for kids and families. The store has lots of items for sale including flies which work well for the fisherman. Washrooms clean as were the showers. Only downside was the cabin we rented- dirty and mouse poop in the cupboards. I have no problem with rustic cabins, just clean out the place once and a while and don't put carpet on the floors

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank JD650

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Maple Ridge, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2013

Spent may long weekend with my wife and small dog (very dog friendly) and thoroughly enjoyed the location.
Rented one of the small cabins with lake view that comes with beautiful wood stove (wood stove fire wood comes with cabin) that works just fine, however would perhaps recommend an alternative camp cook stove to bring along if you want to boil some water quicker, other than that it worked great to warm up/cook food as well as warm up the cabin. Yes this is not the Four Seasons Hotel but for people who traditionally use a tent this was our litle luxury with a great view of the lake. Brand new dock along with a large number of boats with either a 4 horse motor or electric for trolling around the lake for a small fee of course.
Bathroom was perhaps one of the cleanest and largest that we been at for most campgrounds. Would definately go back to catch the big one!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dickdoor
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I spent probably 10-15 summers growing up on Knouff, wow what a place. It was the best time of my entire life. At about age 25 I was travelling from Vancouver to Edmonton and decided maybe I should check out that fishing camp and relive my childhood memories.
I was disgusted when I showed up by the charges of a cabin for almost $100 a night and charges to use a crappy old boat with a trolling motor for $40 a day(we paid and went out for about an hour and it got dark, no discount). Had I driven up the mountain earlier in the day I would've turned around immediately but we were exhausted. The cabins should be topping about $20 a night even in 2013.

The owners were not hospitable or pleasant in anyway, I felt unwelcome. The only way I will ever return to this lake is if I have enough money to buy the cabin my Grandpa built from scratch himself.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Tyler C

Travellers are raving about these Heffley Creek hotels

calgarly
Reviewed 4 February 2013

Just came back from a weekend here. This was a great place for ice fishing, the cabin "Lake View" is from a time long past. Complete with a wood burning stove (cooked a lasagna in it, worked great). If you are the type of person who thumbs their nose at a Super 8, this place is not for you. If you can catch your own diner, and light a fire, this place is great. Some of reviewers claim the owner(s) were rude or "cold", never saw it, but then again, I treat people with respect first, and it usually flows back ten fold. Washrooms were clean, shower for a couple loonies. Pack in your own water. I will go back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cheezewiz
Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We have been staying at Knouff Lake Resort for the past six summers, was great up to this year.
It seems to have fallen into disarray, the owners this year have been very cold towards people, There was a mouse infestation, people left after being talked down to, bringing this to the owner's attension seemed to trigger anger.
We also experienced mice eating our food at night, placed up on shelves the mice found it, droppings in the supplied toaster,along shelves,on the table a dead mouse in the dog's water dish.
My Wife has a disability, climbing stairs to the washroom was a ordeal in the dark, the stair lights were not working, even after informing the staff about this, eight days later they were still out.
My Wife became ill on the second day and still has not recovered, the diagnoses is H. Pylori which is from contaminated water.
We regret we will not be going back to Knouff Lake Resort, we will certainly miss the great times we had in past years but the owners no longer care to maintain the resort as it was in the past.

Room Tip: check before booking that the water contamination has been corrected
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Roco2134
Reviewed 4 September 2012

We have been going to Knouff lake for up to 18 years. When I first saw the cabins I thought they were old and dirty Yes they are rustic cabins. I love that they bring you back to a place of how it used to be. A great learning experience for your kids.
If you want a five star holiday stay in vancouver. . It's beautiful there. Respect the rules and you will have a great vacation. I hope all you people who say you won't be back stay away. We like the peace and quiet of a beautiful serene holiday. Your loss is our gain .

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank IngaOlaf
Abbotsford
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed there for 3 nights with 4 adults and 5 kids in the Kings cabin.
The staff were very helpful and I think went out of there way to make our stay enjoyable.
The cabins were clean and the kids had a great time. The washrooms and showers were also clean well maintained. We would stay there again , over all we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
The Plaza Hotel
#10 of 55 in Kamloops
North Shore
Holiday Inn Suites Kamloops

Been to Knouff Lake Resort? Share your experiences!