“Nothing spectacular and very poor hospitality.”
Review of Knouff Lake Resort

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Heffley Creek
Knouff Lake Resort
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

The grounds are clean, nothing but a big open field though for camping . No ryhme nor reason for check in. First come first serve. The swimming area is gross, you have to swim a ways out to get cleaner water without gas leaks and weeds.Why wouldn't they build a separate dock for swimmers. The kids wade through mud, leeches and duck poop.
The hosts are rude and love calling people names. I was shocked with the behaviour coming from them. Plus they can't add so check your invoice over very carefully
My daughters invoice should of been $57 but she was charged $60.50. Nothing was upfront here, lots of hidden added costs
My family spent a lot of money here and to be called idiots , losers is not good business
I would never return and definitely would not recommend. Too far to travel to be treated so poorly

• Stayed: July 2014
5  Thank Theplanetismine

Reviewed 14 July 2014

we had a family reunion here, the resort alone was a nice place...BUT...the owners ar
gues with some of my family members over their own mistake, yelled at some of the little kids, called one of us an idiot, told us where we come from we need to sort our garbage, yet there is only recycle or garbage cans. A family member had mice problem in their cabin so they moved into another which has room for 8, with all of them there was 5, charged them 190$/2 night and tried to charge them for the cabin they DIDNT use because of mice.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank HippieDube
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Such a beautiful spot to camp at but its too bad the owners were just so terrible! Driving around with their golf carts yelling at people, using profanity towards children. On top of that they don't let you pay when you first get there so they can come around and add all the charges they want to your bill! At one point one of the owners came out of their Golf cart towards our group of people yelling and really trying to start a fight. Very unprofessional and poor way to run a business. Would not reccomend to anyone to go here.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Dylan M
Reviewed 3 July 2014

good clean cabins, no indoor facilities in the "Hill Top" cabin we had. try to reserve one of the two that has facilities. Washrooms were close and spotless, hot showers for $1.00. weather was hot during day but chilly at night, bring warm bedding. fishing was excellent in the evening hours. no cell reception or wifi so bring a good book!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 173done
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Every time me and my family have went to Knouff Lake resort since we were little and did fishing derbies with Kamloops safeway a long time ago the resort has been excellent. My last trip there since i was little was last january of 2013 and was still like i remembered it, good ice fishing good sledding and just a good atmosphere of people. And the owners have always be very nice and kind and willing to help with anything if needed for the cabins or anything. I will drive all the way from Grande prairie alberta again to be there this winter again for 2014 winter.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank keatonparsons
Reviewed 23 September 2013

Came here just for one night when my friends were in visiting Kamloops from Vancouver. We brought a tent in August and set up at one of the very many campsites available...after calling a campground nearby to ask if they had tent space available and hearing very gruffly "No, there's nothing here. Bye.," it was a treat to call Knouff (where I had never been) and get a friendly voice telling me "There's always room for tents here, if you have a tent you will always be able to find a spot, even during long weekends and events!" We arrived on a beautiful sunny afternoon and had such a great time that my friends immediately wanted to make plans to come back next summer! On-site there is a fantastic little store that sells everything from nonperishable foodstuffs and clothing to bugspray and a flashlight. The staff there are incredibly friendly, genuinely sweet people who made us feel right at home. We got some great kayaking in on the gorgeous lake (which has little islands you can pull the kayak up on to explore) and enjoyed walking around.

We also got to check out one of the cabins while we were there, very "rustic" as they say (some are up to 100 years old), quite basic with beds, a table, a counter, woodstove and fridge, but they look like exactly the kind of place I like :) Planning on coming back this winter with a different group of friends to stay in one of the cabins to enjoy the snowshoeing, skating and campfire.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank KirstenRoche
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Contrary to some other comments the gravel road to the resort is kept up better than any other that I have driven on. The owners are very hard working people and do an excellent job in keeping the property up to their high standards, It is an absolutely beautiful place to relax, fish & just have a good time I don't understand where some of these negative comments come from,.......... perhaps from people who didn't know how to show a little respect for other campers or their surroundings & were asked to smarten up?

Richard

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Rily L

Been to Knouff Lake Resort? Share your experiences!