“Questionable”

Moranbah Isaac Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Moranbah
Moranbah Isaac Motel
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Moranbah
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Accommodation is good with plenty of room, beds are clean n comfy. My real gripe is the food: dinner of salmon, salad and chips was just not acceptable. Fish was tasteless, chips although they were hot they were fried in oil that should have been discarded a long time ago! The side salad was fresh but covered in mayo. No breakfast was in the same tune; I had continental style which was atrocious. Only few cereals to choose from and fruit juice laced with sugar, no yogurt or fruit. Bread was available for toasting and to be honest that was about it! Oh how could I forget a pot of coffee was on the hot plate, instant stuff and probably the worst coffee I ever had! There was a coffee bean espresso machine in the room but after enquiring I was informed it was not available for breakfast. Get a room but stay out of the restaurant unless there is major improvements...

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Tamhlacht
There are newer reviews for Moranbah Isaac Motel

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Room adequate. No wifi. Clean, comfortable with no frills.
Check in good and friendly staff.
Went for meal, initially staff interested but seemed to be more focused in their own conversation.
I had rib eye fillet. Aka scotch fillet which was dubious and seemed to be made up of segments. I didn't eat it and wasn't asked why. No offers of coffee or desserts so left. Will not be back. This place used to be packed I know know why we didn't have to book.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Elisabeth M
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Bessa block walls, flat, uncomfortable pillows and a CRT television, so no plugging in your USB stick or laptop to watch anything. No microwave. This place is like stepping back in time to the early 90s. Considering the price tag, I ecpected modern conveniences like and LCD TV and a microwave, hard to believe this place is only a few years old.

Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ben O
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Remembering that you are in Central Queensland in a mining town. Everything is capital city + 25-30% minimum. So for $200 per night + another $40 for dinner and drinks at the in house restaurant, I reckon it is pretty good value for money. Room was clean and fresh and the bar staff were very friendly.Breakfast of freshly cooked bacon and eggs hit the spot (and included in the $200). It is better than most in Moranbah.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark N Coral R
Reviewed 15 February 2013

I stayed here as I had a bad experience at The Outback Motel (exactly the same experience) only to find out they have the same owners. Cleaners are pushing you out before 8am, cleaners will even walk into your room while you are showering and ask how long you will be. When I tried to order room service there was nothing on the menu available and I was almost bullied into buying a steak (which I don't eat) as this was all that was available! Definitely not worth $200 a night! I left feeling violated, rushed and then pushed out the door not ready for my days work at all. When I complained at reception on check out - the rude lady there quickly reminded me that I was in a mining town and most people are out of the rooms by 8am.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Kingbean
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This is one of the two best choices you can possibly find here. The area for startes is heavily driven by the mining industry. The ones that are thinking about coming here should plan their reservations in advance as many visitors come frequently and the options for accommodation are not too abundant.
This is a nice, clean place to stay with a good restaurant option. It is pretty quiet and you can enjoy a comfortable room with good area to work and to rest while watching a movie.
Cable internet connection is good, wi-fi not an option.

Room Tip: Try to get far from the stairs as you can hear people walking until late some times.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Luis E
Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stayed at Issac Motel for 3 nights (my husband had a work trip) with our 2 Children, the service they provided us was fantastic & I couldn't say anything bad about our experiece. The restaurants food was mouth watering & reasonably priced for the quality of food. Breakfast was included for the whole family each day with no extra charge. The staff were all friendly, and the Motel was walking distance to shops & the local pool (which was also fantastic)
I would stay there again. :)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business