Let's go straight to the point, when you first arrive to Puri Bagus the first thing that comes to your mind is "Woaa this place is gorgeous", when you leave this place it's more in the lines of "Wooaww I got robbed and abused bad time!".
The hotel is really well located on the beach. The beach by itself is quite small and you can barely swim since its full of sharp coral pieces. Let's be honest the sunset is quite amazing. But if you want to have a look around the hotel or maybe find a restaurant, stores, anything, forget about it and don't count on the staff to try and help you out since the main objective of this hotel is to force you to stay between its walls and spit your occidental cash out.
Rooms are fine, we especially loved the bathroom and outdoor shower but what a surprise when one morning we had three hotel employees unexpectedly coming in to.....change 'one' lightbulb (that is one changing the lightbulb, one holding the ladder and the last one staring at my girlfriend in the bed).
Service & Food:
Let's be honest, there is one thing Puri Bagus employees want to get out of you is '$$$$'!
The first night we arrived was 'Buffet' night, now hold your breath this cost us $30 per head!! (IDR 300,000) yeah $30! More expensive than New York or even London where we work. We could not believe it when we saw the bill, and that is without the $20 bottle of wine and don't forget to add service and tax! The whole meal cost us around $100 with wine and service and the food was far to be the best in Bali.
Now the internet. We wanted to skype our families and decided to go for a prepaid card handed over at reception. This one costs $6.5 for one hour which again is more expensive than New York or London, oh to give you an idea the next day we went to an internet café in Singaraja and paid IDR1,000 for 20 minutes, that is 0.10 pence or 0.15USD.
Furthermore hotel staff were really unfriendly since we were trying to "sneak out" of the hotel to either discover the area or just have a meal at a decent place which would not rip us off! You only get one free shuttle out of jail...errr....sorry, the hotel, and that is 'only' between 9 and 11am, that is drop off and pick up included so you better be quick. The guy dropped us in the middle of a slum in Singaraja (to make sure you're repelled and disgusted and plea the driver to get back to the hotel asap) this is where we found the internet cafe, we asked the driver to drop us at a supermarket on our way back where we hope we could find some food to save us money by not eating at the hotel 'restaurant'.
Overall our stay at this hotel was really unpleasant because of the really bad service and unsmiling staff + the fact we felt like human size purses to everyone.
This hotel wants your money and doesn't want you outside its walls so if you're happy to stay inside and spend more than you would in Europe or the US then this is for you. Otherwise skip this place, you'll save some money and stay relaxed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The private beachfront and traditional Balinese thatched roof architecture, Puri Bagus Lovina offers 40 spacious villas including two suites with private pool and dining room. This beautiful resort provided plenty of space between each villa for stunning tropical gardens to enhance your privacy. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puri Bagus Lovina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puri Bagus Lovina Hotel Pemaron
- Puri Bagus Hotel Lovina
- Puri Bagus Resort Lovina
- Puri Bagus Lovina Lovina Beach, Bali