“always good food”

Add it.
Duddingston Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“always good food”
Reviewed 2 February 2013

a great wee pub with consistantly good food and service.

we always get the combo sharer and love it.

not bad prices for drinks also

Visited January 2013

Dunfermline, United Kingdom
“Great pub food”
Reviewed 1 January 2013

The Duddingston Arms has a really good, not too extensive menu, with a specials menu for Christmas. The food is of really good quality, with attentive service. The pub itself is very friendly, helpful, with welcoming staff, all overseen by David. There are always 3 hand-pulled real ales available, from a variety of breweries, some local (eg Alechemy). It's a real local pub. Dogs and children are welcome. There is a rotating display of art, again local artists selling their stuff, some of which may be to your (and our) taste. There's a nice beer garden and 'smokeootery'. Free WiFi. What's not to like?!

• Visited December 2012
“A lovely pub but I think they struggle with large groups”
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I visited this place as part of a large group on 17th November and felt quite disappointed that it wasn't as good as it had been when the same group of us visited a year ago. There were issues with the set menu, service and overcharging, however after my earlier review the group organisers were contacted by the management and a partial refund given to reimburse services not received which was appreciated. The atmosphere in this lovely little pub is nice and I hope that should we return next year the management will ensure this year's problems don't reoccur.

edinburgh
“Not as good as it was last year (2011)”
Reviewed 23 November 2012

My husband & i went here for a group gathering and the service we got i had to laugh at , after my started i was asked to keep my cutlery as they did not think they would have enough . I did get clean cutlery just before my main course came ( must have washed some ) . Was not impressed with what met me in toilets either , there was a strong smell of dampness to which i found when entering the cubical . Mold up around bottom of wall yuk . Also to top everything everyone in the group were met with a 20% service charge EACH . Must admit there was 1 lovely girl that served me with one of my courses could not have been more pleasant . Would have been a great night if it were 2011 all over again . Will be going else where ,I believe customers come first & are not just cash cows to bump the bill up as they please .

2 Thank jul3s
newhaveninn, Owner at Duddingston Arms, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
I am sorry for your disappointment on the group visit of the 17th.

I was also sad to hear all was not right on the night and I have taken action with the staff who were working. They did say the group increased from an expected 25ish to 42. This put the staff under some pressure as we are only a small pub and not really suited to such a large group. However this is no reason for bad service. I have also been in touch with your group organiser (see review above).

As for the toilets, I know there is a problem with the flat roof extension under which the ladies are sited. We have tried many times to fix this but in an old building (1832) it has proved harder than we first thought.

I have asked the staff to review the cleaning rota for the toilets as it is very important that the toilets are always clean.

Thank you for your nice comments on the one staff member who provided you with good service I wish all our staff were this helpful.
London
“Great local pub”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

Had lunch here on our way to visiting Hopetoun House. Very friendly staff and efficient service. Nice to find a pub selling proper pub food for a change. We both had nice meals, good portions and nice and hot. We will definitely return.