“Relaxing Farmstay”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oxford
Mingary Farmstay B&B Accommodation
Crescent City, California
“Relaxing Farmstay”
Reviewed 27 December 2010

I had a wonderful stay at Mingary. The farm is in Oxford, about a 50 minute drive from Christchurch, so its the perfect relaxing getaway while still being within striking distance of one of New Zealand's most culturally rich cities.

The Farmstay hosts were so friendly and accommodating, the food was splendid and my room was comfortable and clean. The farm itself was absolutely gorgeous-rolling scenic hills, nice trail into the hills, and even a quiet stream meandering through the heart of the farm. My stay was the most relaxing part of my trip to New Zealand. Mike and Pam were really the model of Kiwi hospitality. I wish I could return again and again and again.....

• Stayed January 2010
2 Thank Pakeha1971

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Brookings, Oregon
Reviewed 24 August 2010

On searching for a farmstay in Canterbury, I was lucky enough to find a quiet gem near the small town of Oxford. The hosts, Pam and Mike, were so friendly and their home warm and inviting.

The scenery was awe inspiring with beautiful nature walks in the hills of the farm. Being so close to nature, feeding the Alpacas, petting the tame sheep and participating in hand-milking a cow--"Quite an Experience."

Lasting memories of a beautiful New Zealand

Diane, Oregon

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo
dover
Reviewed 28 July 2010

We loved our stay at Mingary and loved the friendly farm animals, the room was comfortable and clean and loved the home cooking. We will be back.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 31 May 2010

This is the only farmstay that we have ever done, and we really loved it. The owners were very friendly and accommodating. They invited us for dinner, although that was not included in the room, and made us feel like one of the family. They had sheep, pigs, cattle, and llamas on the farm. The room was very comfortable and was en suite.

Mingary was really out in the middle of nowhere, which is exactly what we wanted. In spending two weeks in NZ, I of course saw the night sky, but I never saw the Southern sky the way I did at Mingary. The owner took me out for a wildlife stroll after dark, and after about 20 minutes I looked up, and WOW, I had never seen a sky like that before. There was no light pollution--zero.

I would highly recommend this place. Very restful. Very peaceful. Very fun.

Make sure you get good directions--we got a little lost finding the place.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Oxford Village Motel
Oxford Village Motel
#1 of 2 in Oxford
Ashley Gorge Holiday Park
Pete's Farm Stay B&B
Pete's Farm Stay B&B
#1 of 4 in Rangiora

Been to Mingary Farmstay B&B Accommodation? Share your experiences!