I did the 3 peaks with my daughter charlotte over the bank holiday weekend. We enjoyed our 2 nights at The Willows and found Joh and Steve very welcoming and helpful. The B and B is spotless and is right next door to the train station. One of the nicest things about it was the closeness to the foot of ingleborough. We did this mountain last so to arrive at the B and B at the end of our long walk was bliss.
Joh seems to get on well with the owners of The Crown pub which is closeby. It is very busy as you can imagine but when you say you are staying at The Willows, they try very hard to get a table for you.
I would love to do the walk again as I didn't complete it in 12 hours. I would definitely stay at The Willows. It really is very clean and welcoming and we met some lovely people during our stay. Thank you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come into the Warmth of Friendly Homely Hospitality of the Willows Bed & Breakfast. We're just a short 4 min from Pen-y-Ghent Cafe. We are located in the heart of Horton-in-Ribblesdale village on the road B6479. The Willows is an ideal place to start your '3 Peaks Challenge' walk/run from,(Directly opp. Horton playing fields where most of the major charity walks/races start & finish - adjacent to 'Winston's field') We are just a 5 min walk off the the Ribble Way & Pennine Way. The Dales way Plus the 'New' Trailblazer trail. Also 10min from the New Pennine Bridle way for horses & cyclists (We can arrange to pick you up after sorting your horse for the night in our friend's secure quiet field. Then you can have a relaxing restful night as well). Horton-in-Ribblesdale railway station set just a 3 min stroll from us. Save the stress of a car journey on the winding & contested 'A' road. Plus avoid the motorway hold-ups. - Reach us by rail, feeling relaxed into Yorkshire Dales National park. Travel up on the famous & scenic 'Settle to Carlisle' railway line. (Change at Leeds for commuters from London which can be reached in under 4hrs!) The Willows B&B has total refurbishment of all 3 Rooms. X2 En-suites (King & triple). Plus x1 twin room with luxury Bathrooms. Be Welcomed with a smile after your long muddy day on the fells! Drop you muddy clothes & boots at the door & change into your house slippers, while you relax beside our lovely log burning stove. The kettle will be on, ready for you to take Complementary Tea/Coffee & the cake/biscuits between 5-7pm. (Please book up to 1 yr in advance for the 3 Peaks Challenges- as we have over a thousand walkers looking for rooms in Horton at weekends during the walking season. (Start April - End October) Stephen, your host, is a local lad who has been a fell runner for many years with the Settle Harriers. He is always out & about on the fells regularly training for the next 3 Peaks Fell Race with our friendly collie dog. We get up to make you Early 3Peaks Walkers Breakfast FROM 6:00am. So, from 6am, we offer you a tasty bacon sandwich. PLUS! Over a dozen types of cereals. PLUS: Fresh locally produced yogurts, fruit juice, fresh fruit, breads, fruit, Jams, Honey etc. Full Yorkshire 'Belly Busting' Breakfast from 7:30 - 9:00am. Vegetarians & special diets can also be catered for. We have Three tastefully styled bedrooms in our home. ROOM 1 - Pen-y-Ghent En-suite room with King size memory foam bed with beautiful views over to Pen-y-Ghent mountain. ROOM 2 - Ingleborough (En-suite) with 3 single memory form beds. ROOM 3 - Whernside, 2 single memory foam beds with your own very spacious bathroom (just 1 step over your corridor) - lovely under floor heating double ended bath & Extra large Matiki shower cubicle with electric shower. ** At The Willows - To ensure you have the best possible restful night's sleep we ONLY use Top Quality Memory Foam mattresses on ALL our beds -. ** Sleep peacefully in freshly laundered Egyptian cotton bedding - with None-Allergic quilts, fresh fluffy pillows & throws.** Each room has a daily stocked - overflowing variety of choices on our tea trays - teas, coffee, chocolate, herbal & deff's. Plus: Complementary biscuits.** Lovely Fresh white towels for your use. ** Plus many lovely toiletries for your use while you are at The Willows B&B. *** FREE: Parking Plus Wi-fi throughout our home. (Which you wont find at all locations in village) ** Flat screen TVs & Free view in bedrooms** Lovely Log burning stove in guest lounge. *** FREE Parking.** Plus Very Large, Secure lock-up garage below our house for horse tack, motor bikes/pedal cycles / etc **We are convinced that you will happily enjoy your stay at The Willows B&B. You can easily see our previous many 'Excellent' rated guests reviews TripAdvisor. Take a look! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Willows Hotel Horton-In-Ribblesdale
- The Willows Bed And Breakfast
- The Willows Bed & Breakfast Horton-In-Ribblesdale, Yorkshire