We stayed here for one night when attending a local wedding. I wish we had been able to stay for longer and enjoy a couple of local walks!
Joh was very accommodating and went out of her way to have us in early so that we had somewhere to get changed, giving us a key to allow us to return after the reception. The room was delightful; the bed is comfortable (especially with the heated blanket) and has everything you would require. The en suite was great.
Breakfast is exceptional - go for the full Yorkshire! I would stay here again very happily, hopefully next time it will be for a couple of nights and we will enjoy the local area a little more.
Note that this is a room within Joh and Steve's home and not a "small hotel". When we booked we were sent a very complex and strangely formatted e-mail which stresses that it is their home and this that and the other which to be honest did put me off a little, and the need to take my shoes off was the first thing I was told on the phone, but I needn't have worried. We didn't feel in the way and very much enjoyed our stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come into the Warmth of Friendly Homely Hospitality of the Willows Bed & Breakfast. We're just a short 4 min from Pen-y-Ghent Cafe. We are located in the heart of Horton-in-Ribblesdale village on the road B6479. The Willows is an ideal place to start your '3 Peaks Challenge' walk/run from,(Directly opp. Horton playing fields where most of the major charity walks/races start & finish - adjacent to 'Winston's field') We are just a 5 min walk off the the Ribble Way & Pennine Way. The Dales way Plus the 'New' Trailblazer trail. Also 10min from the New Pennine Bridle way for horses & cyclists (We can arrange to pick you up after sorting your horse for the night in our friend's secure quiet field. Then you can have a relaxing restful night as well). Horton-in-Ribblesdale railway station set just a 3 min stroll from us. Save the stress of a car journey on the winding & contested 'A' road. Plus avoid the motorway hold-ups. - Reach us by rail, feeling relaxed into Yorkshire Dales National park. Travel up on the famous & scenic 'Settle to Carlisle' railway line. (Change at Leeds for commuters from London which can be reached in under 4hrs!) The Willows B&B has total refurbishment of all 3 Rooms. X2 En-suites (King & triple). Plus x1 twin room with luxury Bathrooms. Be Welcomed with a smile after your long muddy day on the fells! Drop you muddy clothes & boots at the door & change into your house slippers, while you relax beside our lovely log burning stove. The kettle will be on, ready for you to take Complementary Tea/Coffee & the cake/biscuits between 5-7pm. (Please book up to 1 yr in advance for the 3 Peaks Challenges- as we have over a thousand walkers looking for rooms in Horton at weekends during the walking season. (Start April - End October) Stephen, your host, is a local lad who has been a fell runner for many years with the Settle Harriers. He is always out & about on the fells regularly training for the next 3 Peaks Fell Race with our friendly collie dog. We get up to make you Early 3Peaks Walkers Breakfast FROM 6:00am. So, from 6am, we offer you a tasty bacon sandwich. PLUS! Over a dozen types of cereals. PLUS: Fresh locally produced yogurts, fruit juice, fresh fruit, breads, fruit, Jams, Honey etc. Full Yorkshire 'Belly Busting' Breakfast from 7:30 - 9:00am. Vegetarians & special diets can also be catered for. We have Three tastefully styled bedrooms in our home. ROOM 1 - Pen-y-Ghent En-suite room with King size memory foam bed with beautiful views over to Pen-y-Ghent mountain. ROOM 2 - Ingleborough (En-suite) with 3 single memory form beds. ROOM 3 - Whernside, 2 single memory foam beds with your own very spacious bathroom (just 1 step over your corridor) - lovely under floor heating double ended bath & Extra large Matiki shower cubicle with electric shower. ** At The Willows - To ensure you have the best possible restful night's sleep we ONLY use Top Quality Memory Foam mattresses on ALL our beds -. ** Sleep peacefully in freshly laundered Egyptian cotton bedding - with None-Allergic quilts, fresh fluffy pillows & throws.** Each room has a daily stocked - overflowing variety of choices on our tea trays - teas, coffee, chocolate, herbal & deff's. Plus: Complementary biscuits.** Lovely Fresh white towels for your use. ** Plus many lovely toiletries for your use while you are at The Willows B&B. *** FREE: Parking Plus Wi-fi throughout our home. (Which you wont find at all locations in village) ** Flat screen TVs & Free view in bedrooms** Lovely Log burning stove in guest lounge. *** FREE Parking.** Plus Very Large, Secure lock-up garage below our house for horse tack, motor bikes/pedal cycles / etc **We are convinced that you will happily enjoy your stay at The Willows B&B. You can easily see our previous many 'Excellent' rated guests reviews TripAdvisor. Take a look! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Willows Hotel Horton-In-Ribblesdale
- The Willows Bed And Breakfast
- The Willows Bed & Breakfast Horton-In-Ribblesdale, Yorkshire