We had the 'Pen y Ghent' room, which is the en-suite room, very large and full of all the comforts of home, with a great view of its namesake Pen y Ghent.
Breakfast was great and Steve's local knowledge of the surrounding area and his own interest in outdoor activities such as fell running and mountain biking, made for some good conversations and excellent advice on bike routes etc.
We stayed for three days and took our mountain bikes which were securely stored for us when not in use.
The location of the Willows is excellent for exploring Horton and the surrounding area, that coupled with Johanne's great vegetarian breakfast and Steve's outdoor expertise, and the very friendly atmosphere, makes it a great place to stay. The Crown pub serves excellent food and is a ten minute walk away – would recommend a torch if visiting in winter as street lighting is quite sparse.
We hope to return in the near future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come into the Warmth of Friendly Homely Hospitality of the Willows Bed & Breakfast. We're just a short 4 min from Pen-y-Ghent Cafe. We are located in the heart of Horton-in-Ribblesdale village on the road B6479. The Willows is an ideal place to start your '3 Peaks Challenge' walk/run from,(Directly opp. Horton playing fields where most of the major charity walks/races start & finish - adjacent to 'Winston's field') We are just a 5 min walk off the the Ribble Way & Pennine Way. The Dales way Plus the 'New' Trailblazer trail. Also 10min from the New Pennine Bridle way for horses & cyclists (We can arrange to pick you up after sorting your horse for the night in our friend's secure quiet field. Then you can have a relaxing restful night as well). Horton-in-Ribblesdale railway station set just a 3 min stroll from us. Save the stress of a car journey on the winding & contested 'A' road. Plus avoid the motorway hold-ups. - Reach us by rail, feeling relaxed into Yorkshire Dales National park. Travel up on the famous & scenic 'Settle to Carlisle' railway line. (Change at Leeds for commuters from London which can be reached in under 4hrs!) The Willows B&B has total refurbishment of all 3 Rooms. X2 En-suites (King & triple). Plus x1 twin room with luxury Bathrooms. Be Welcomed with a smile after your long muddy day on the fells! Drop you muddy clothes & boots at the door & change into your house slippers, while you relax beside our lovely log burning stove. The kettle will be on, ready for you to take Complementary Tea/Coffee & the cake/biscuits between 5-7pm. (Please book up to 1 yr in advance for the 3 Peaks Challenges- as we have over a thousand walkers looking for rooms in Horton at weekends during the walking season. (Start April - End October) Stephen, your host, is a local lad who has been a fell runner for many years with the Settle Harriers. He is always out & about on the fells regularly training for the next 3 Peaks Fell Race with our friendly collie dog. We get up to make you Early 3Peaks Walkers Breakfast FROM 6:00am. So, from 6am, we offer you a tasty bacon sandwich. PLUS! Over a dozen types of cereals. PLUS: Fresh locally produced yogurts, fruit juice, fresh fruit, breads, fruit, Jams, Honey etc. Full Yorkshire 'Belly Busting' Breakfast from 7:30 - 9:00am. Vegetarians & special diets can also be catered for. We have Three tastefully styled bedrooms in our home. ROOM 1 - Pen-y-Ghent En-suite room with King size memory foam bed with beautiful views over to Pen-y-Ghent mountain. ROOM 2 - Ingleborough (En-suite) with 3 single memory form beds. ROOM 3 - Whernside, 2 single memory foam beds with your own very spacious bathroom (just 1 step over your corridor) - lovely under floor heating double ended bath & Extra large Matiki shower cubicle with electric shower. ** At The Willows - To ensure you have the best possible restful night's sleep we ONLY use Top Quality Memory Foam mattresses on ALL our beds -. ** Sleep peacefully in freshly laundered Egyptian cotton bedding - with None-Allergic quilts, fresh fluffy pillows & throws.** Each room has a daily stocked - overflowing variety of choices on our tea trays - teas, coffee, chocolate, herbal & deff's. Plus: Complementary biscuits.** Lovely Fresh white towels for your use. ** Plus many lovely toiletries for your use while you are at The Willows B&B. *** FREE: Parking Plus Wi-fi throughout our home. (Which you wont find at all locations in village) ** Flat screen TVs & Free view in bedrooms** Lovely Log burning stove in guest lounge. *** FREE Parking.** Plus Very Large, Secure lock-up garage below our house for horse tack, motor bikes/pedal cycles / etc **We are convinced that you will happily enjoy your stay at The Willows B&B. You can easily see our previous many 'Excellent' rated guests reviews TripAdvisor. Take a look! ... more less
- Also Known As:
- The Willows Hotel Horton-In-Ribblesdale
- The Willows Bed And Breakfast
- The Willows Bed & Breakfast Horton-In-Ribblesdale, Yorkshire