Mena Creek Hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Mena Creek
See available hotels
Black Marlin Motel(Innisfail)
View Hotel
King Reef Resort(Kurrimine Beach)
  • Pool
Kurrimine Beach Motel(Kurrimine Beach)
Sanctuary Retreat(Bingil Bay)
  • Restaurant
Bedarra Island Resort(Bedarra Island)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsparonella parknight tourspanish mackerelgenerous servingsbeer was coldfriendly pubbasic accommodationacross the roadmena
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 September 2013

The guys from Paronella park have taken over the Motel,
Everyone here was so friendly and inviting the staff are excellent and the food OMG Amazing :) would recommend to anyone to stay here , paronella park is the best experience ever and just walking distance from the pub, I would recommend doing both the day and night tour of the park

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

A friend and I stayed at Mena Creek Hotel for 4 nights recently, and it would have been nice to have felt welcome instead of feeling like we were just a damn nuisance! The accommodation was cheap to be sure, you get what you pay for I guess, we were told that Paronella Park is taking over the pub in a few months, the management will refurbish so I guess the fees will go up for rooms, but I think I would rather pay a bit more and have a friendly enthusiastic face greet me at breakfast in the morning. I also went to breakfast one morning and the hosts speaking in a racist manner with some other guests, which shocked me as there were overseas guests staying at the time, not what I'd call good customer service! I could only use one drawer of the dressing table of my room, and there were clothes left in it from a previous guest. Plus the complimentary breakfast wasn't as described. As for the showers-probably the less said the better!!
We have stayed in a variety of cheaper accommodation and are not adverse to a little discomfort and lack of faciities, but there is no excuse for unfriendliness and abruptness in manners, I will be interested to watch the progress of this new management deal, as the area is beautiful and worth visiting again, but not with the current management.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lorna449
Reviewed 19 March 2013

After reading the reviews we decided to go ahead and book a room for the night and had looked forward to staying for a beer, a meal and a night's stay. The hotel room was small and tiny, behind the bed had not been cleaned ( we checked ) and must of had six months worth of dead bugs and dust behind it. You have to go through a second door in your room outside to the toilets and the one shower we could find, also outside the main building ( connected by a covered BBQ area which was not being used and had equipment and other items stacked up in corners ). At night the toilets are filled with bugs and lizards and huge spiders too. The meal was expensive for what it was, deep fried crumbed steak cooked from frozen ( tough ), frozen chips and a basic salad, not worth what we paid. Had wanted their burgers that were famous in the area ( according to their web-site ) but we were told that they were for lunch only. The hosts, whilst not totally rude, were really indifferent and displayed quite an arrogant attitude towards us that did not make us feel welcome at all. After our beer ( which was thankfully cold ) we almost packed up and left. Considering how quiet it was and how worrying it must be with so few customers, some effort could have been made to engage and chat a bit to us, instead of leaning on the bar watching TV and talking to a couple of locals ( who were talked too, and engaged with to the full ).

Perhaps it was a bad week or bad night but certainly the place needs an injection of enthusiastic and positive attitudes to clean it up, sort it out and some training in good old fashioned customer service is needed too. Be warned, it may not be what it appears at all on their web-site and these other reviews.

Room Tip: There are other hotels in this area that might be worth trying first.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank BossandMrsBoss
Reviewed 22 February 2013

Have been touring Australia for over a year - visited Paranella Park across the road from the Mena Crek Tavern/Hotel. Decided to go for a beer and some food. I ended up booking in for a week. The place is fantastic. Atmosphere is amazing, very laid back, great locals, great food - big portions and the Land Lady & Land Lord couldnt have been nicer. Music was great, the locals were friendly, and I have been back there twice now, and cant wait for my next visit. Highly recomend the place!

Room Tip: I had a lovely quite room out the back
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 September 2012

The pub is only a couple hundred metres from Paronella Park and they clearly get a lot of their business from there - when we checked in at the Park they told us the pub would be serving dinner from 6pm and so we decided to have dinner here and several other people from the Park did too. The steaks were delicious and quite reasonably priced and came with a surprisingly good Greek salad as well as yummy chips. The service was quick and friendly. They told us they also do breakfast but we didn't take up the offer. Definitely recommended if you visit the Park.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple