Es Ta Te Khao Kheow Resort
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnight safariquiet nightzootentsanimalscampingnaturebedroom
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy Khao kaew with deers wandering around the camp site. The tent was small and basic as expected. the bathroom ad rain shower was spacious. however, the tent was not clean and well maintained. It was dusty and a bit run-down.
The food provided in the package was basic, the dinner BBQ was goid but the whole meal was ruined by enormous number and size of fly. Kind of a turn-off.
The tour of the zoo was good (both day and night tour) However, I wish there are more to see around the camp site. There is a herb garden right next to it. Wish there was a guide and a tour, or even a demonstration about use of herb and cultivation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 August 2013

We drove back early this morning after having a terrible night at the 'resort'. The website and brochure is misleading, there was certainly no trace of 'vintage' furniture and having loud music playing and bright lights left on all night would certainly not be my idea of 'private' or 'atmospheric' as stated in the brochure.

In total we paid a shocking 3,350 baht for a two person tent, with no beds- just hard mattresses on the floor. The tent was not very clean, had stains all over the floor and had a huge air con unit in the corner which no one in their right mind would have on at night. It is cool enough in the night time to open up the tent and sleep without it- we did. Also, it is very noisy (the noise of the tent's nearby was like a train passing through the site, so goodness knows what it must be like from within the tent. Having the air cons is inefficient and wasteful and not needed.

We are a family who love camping and often pay a third (in fact less) of this price to stay in much more picturesque places where the facilities are far superior, we thought we would give this place a go and I am honestly saying it is certainly not worth it.

I tried to explain in the morning to the lady at the check out counter how I felt that it was an unfair price as we had had no sleep- due to the loud music in both the evening and the early morning and tried to suggest to them that actually part of the fun of camping is to turn off all the lights (or at least some of them) so that it actually gets dark. There are torches in the room. She did not have an answer to give or even an apology. We conversed in Thai as English is really not spoken at the resort.

It was partly our bad luck to have had the tent nearest the toilets as the noise from this area travels and you could hear the maids talking and the noise of the toilets and people coming and going quite late into the night. When I used the shower with my daughter it was quite unnerving being watched the whole time by the maids and grumpily told to take off my shoes even though the floor in the bathroom was dirty and I had just washed.

If you want a real camping experience do not go here, the price we paid for a night-less sleep could easily have paid for a 5 star resort. We will stick to camping in the National parks from now on.

I have never written a negative review like this since living and working in Thailand, I have never needed too- but if there is one thing I can't tolerate it is being being deliberately mislead.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank TinkyTaylor
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Great place to stay if you're in love with nature. Don't expect a 5-star hotel, but expect a 5-star camping. Even thought the room are a bit small, basic but got all you needed. Bathroom are quite far from the room, but i think it's normal for all the camping ground, but all the amenities in the bathroom are nice, all rounded. (remind me of fitness bathroom)

I love how i woke up and see Deers and Peacocks right in front of our tent, and it's all around the area.

Some other commentors talking about language problems, maybe because I'm native Thai, so I didn't have any problem with them at all.

Will definitely be back again.

PS. Flight of The Gibbon, treetop adventure activities is awesome!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This was a great place we stayed when we visited the zoo . We stayed for 1 night though i feel 2 nights would have been great. room was clean with A/c. You can see deers roaming all around the tent and areas. Great site!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2012 via mobile

This place might have been great once, just like the zoo it's in, but it's good days are gone. The tents are old and moldy. pictures are misleading. They are not worth the price we paid of $60 per double tent and $250 for 1 bedroom with shower. We got ticks from the animals or the grass!!!!! Staff do not speak english and service is poor.

The zoo is old and rusty, most animals caged, lots of empty cages, animal variety is bad. Kids thought it was just ok.

• Stayed: December 2012