“They let us rot on the sreet a 4h00am”
Review of Hotel D'Mario

Hotel D'Mario
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Nueva Loja
Hotel D'Mario
Ranked #2 of 6 Nueva Loja B&B and Inns
“They let us rot on the sreet a 4h00am”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

We got to Lago Agrio at 4h00am because of the holiday all buses were full so we had to take a earlier bus. When we got to the hotel, the guard never want to let us in. We had to meet our driver at 9h00 for Cuyabeno (5h00 to wait). Before arriving I was so convince that we could enter and relax on a couch or something. After arguing with the guard 5 minutes he dind´t change is mind. So we had to sleep on the street at 4h00am until the restaurant open (6h00). If you work with lodge and this is your rendez-vous point, you cant let people on sreet at 4h00, not in Lago Agrio. Restaurant is expensive for what you get. Walk furthur to the right on a corner, a little place serve good juice and breakfast.
Staff at D'Mario dont care about you.

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Mathieu L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We arrived at Hotel D'Mario with very low expectations based on the reviews we had read on tripadvisor. However we found it to be okay. Our rooms were clean enough although they are definitely overpriced for what you get. We did not realize this until after we booked our room in Hotel D'Mario but there are two other hotels on either side of it so I would suggest looking at the rooms in these hotels too before choosing D'Mario.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Darmstadt, Germany
Reviewed 20 May 2013

Lago agrio is not a nice place. But if you are going to the cuyabeno (and its worth it!) you do not have a choice. The place is awfull! the rooms are not expensive but horrendously overpriced for what the are. They are small, dirty and very very loud. Lago Agrio is really not a place you want to hear what your neighbour does and this kind of hotel!!!
Our sheet covers, sheets, pillow cases were all stained... not a little stained... but really really all over stained! We slpet in our clothes... with shoes on... seriously!
The staff unfriedliness was only toped by the fact that you felt you had to be nice to them so they dont rob you at night. Which does not mean they do.. I dont know.. but do you want to stay in an hotel were people have to explain this?!
We heard from a german couple, that the hotel next door was quite decent. Do not expect a "ok" hotel in this town, look for a "clean enough" place.
So what options do you have!??!
if you are going to the cuyabeno, you can either fly to lago Agrio or take the bus. The bus arrives extremely early in the morning and its suppouse to be unsave to wait in the station or in the city, and the hotel d Mario, kicks you out if you dont bribe the watchman so you can sit outside.
So Fly! really, do it! the less than 100 dollars you will save in money are so not worth it. Besides, take into account, that flying there takes a couple of hours (including everything) and driving your self takes 5, if u are fast, and the bus takes about 8 to 9... so dont think about it... fly! The lodge in cuyabeno will send someone to pick you up from the airport and you will skip the ugliest expierence in our trip.

Room Tip: in a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NicolasV1980

Travellers are raving about these Nueva Loja hotels

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Terrible, terrible, terrible staff. So unfriendly. The rudest people I've met in my life. I thought it was just me, but they were just as rude to my friend, and other people that I met who stayed there. I don't know why you would open a hotel if you hate people

The wifi wasn't working. But they didn't care.

The food was only average.

Unless you love people being rude to you for no clear reason, I wouldn't stay here. This place is only still open because it's where the Amazon tours pick up their customers. I'd eat next door and wait for them there.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 12 March 2013

I actually did not stay at this hotel, but as many others I was to meet my guide here to go to Cuyabeno rain forest. Me and my boyfriend arrived on a nightbus from Quito at 5.30am, and waited outside until 6am when they opened. We assumed it would be ok to wait inside as we had 3,5 hours to kill and it was raining outside, but the people there said we could not use the couches (even though there were NO other people there), and that we had to sit in the restaurant. The inside of the restaurant had really poor air quality, so we decided to sit outside. It was raining and there was a pack of dogs running around for the whole 3 hours we sat there. After this treatment I did not want to buy breakfast there, but there didnt seem to be much choice elsewhere in Lago Agrio so we ordered something simple, food was just OK. There were cockroaches in the bathroom in the lobby. We asked if we could store our backpacks at the hotel for the 4 nights we were in the jungle, but they wanted 5USD for each of them, even if one of them was just a daypack. Storing luggage in Quito hostels cost less than half that, in comparison. So we opted to drag all our stuff with us to the lodge in the rainforest, not to let them get away with it. When we asked if we could use the wifi, they said it was only for guests. Even though we had just bought breakfast there. Throughout this whole time they were so rude, I can only imagine how bad the rooms must be.....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torunn B
Chisinau, Moldova
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The worst hotel ever. Expensive, very noisy at night, dirty and smelly. The staff was useless and arrogant. The worst of it - bed bugs!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank msturist
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 May 2012

Hello! First of all I only stayed there for one night as I just stopped there before I went to the jungle near the colombian border,When I arrived there I told the guy that I had booked a room the previous week,he said that the room i had booked had been already given to an other tourist and he was willing to give me another room for twice the price it was first agreed on! being tired and hungry I accepted the option given, which I am still regretting, it is by far the worst hotel i stayed during my 2 mont period in Ecuador, the room was dirty and i demanded it to be cleaned, this was done after an hours wait, bed was ok and the breakfast seemed good although I was put off by the cockroaches running around so i just had a coffee and went to eat somewhere in town.
good luck if you stay there hopefully it will be a better experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
#2 of 4 in Nueva Loja
Hotel Araza
Hotel Araza
#3 of 3 in Nueva Loja

Been to Hotel D'Mario? Share your experiences!