“Not only good for sleeping but also for having tea”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cadgwith
Little Trethvas Camping and Touring Site
Munich, Germany
“Not only good for sleeping but also for having tea”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

A nice place to spend lunchtime in the Almond Café, the hosts are very kind and friendly...we've had a nice talk with them. Tea and sandwich were delicious and the atmosphere in the garden was peaceful and stunning!

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed on this site for a couple of nights with my wife in our Caravan, I must say this is a little gem of a site, perfect if you want a nice clean, quiet and friendly stay...

The owners of the site Liz and Mike were very welcoming and obviously enjoy what they do as they very friendly people and make you feel comfortable straight away.
The site is not huge and has 3 toilet blocks with showers but were very clean and the showers were lovely and warm, no complaints at all....

I would therefore recommend this site HIGHLY as it is in a great location close to the centre of the Lizard peninsula and only about 2 miles from Lizards point....
I will certainly return to this site when I want to Camp or Caravan in the area again!

10/10 to Liz and Mike...Many thanks!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stjohnsuk
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I camped here with a group of young people doing their Duke of Edinburgh training. The site is clean and tidy with excellent toilets and showers :). The kids enjoyed it as it was very peacefull for them and they could chill out. BUT the breakfast at the Almond Tree Cafe ooooohhh! WOW you must have the Special Bacon sandwich, of which Tim the amazing chef has created --- it is lush uuummmm.
I was so impressed that I have been back for an evening meal with my partner - and again my taste buds were tormented by delicious food especially the Paradise on a Plate dessert and the hot chocolate fudge cake uuuuummmm!
All the food is home cooked and sourced locally.
The camp site has an air of peacefullness which the owners Mike and Liz have nurtured.
Well worth a visit to the cafe but please stay for a total chill out.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank GweekLady
Rochdale, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2014

With my wife and grandson we called in at The Almond Tree after seeing the signs on the roadside just before Lizard, if you are passing make sure you call in for a great meal. I had a ploughmans, my wife had a sandwich and grandson had a large breakfast (even though breakfasts were finished Tim the chef still made one for him when he asked) and all for less than £20.Liz & Mike are a lovely couple and made us feel really welcome. The cafe has only been open about three weeks but you would think it had been there forever. Having taken the site over only 18 months ago Liz and Mike are still updating, but although we only called for lunch what we saw of the site (toilets, showers etc).were all looking very good and I would recommend it. If we return to the area in the future I will be looking to book one of the bungalows/chalets. Well done Liz, Mike & Tim.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Ware, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

But don't be fooled by the title, they do great evening meals too!

The Almond Tree is a recently opened cafe on the Little Trethvas campsite. It was barely opened when we visited, and it appears it hasn't really been advertised yet. We noticed a few small signs driving by on our way to nearby Cadgwith advertising breakfast and decided to give it a go as it's dog friendly and I'm glad we did. A simple but great cooked breakfast, with evidently well sourced produce and great coffee for very reasonable money. Tim, the chef was beyond welcoming and deserves a special mention. He informed us he does evening meals too, so we had to come back in the evening. It's a BYOB affair, so plan accordingly. My girlfriend and I had the fish pie and peppered steak pie respectively. The steak pie was great but the fish pie stole the show, I had coffee also and the bill was under £17, and with a well chosen £4 bottle of wine I had the cheapest meal out I can recall, and it was great!

It's just a shame we found the place halfway through our holiday.

Sorry to leave a review when I didn't stay on the site, but the cafe/restaurant doesn't have a page here. But for what it's worth, it looked nice as I passed through, the toilets/showers were clean and the owners were very welcoming. It's situated between the beautiful villages of Cadgwith and Lizard and places like Kynance Cove are close too. And of course the onsite cafe is amazing.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Cirencester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We had 2 nights here mid week in April and loved it. Liz was really nice and couldn't do enough to help. There are two fields, one with electric hook ups and one without but both so pretty and peaceful. The site is really easy to find and is having a face lift currently - will be really lovely once that is finished and the cafe is up and running. Would not hesitate to return as its a fantastic spot for touring, and if you don't want the big busy noisy commercial site, this is definitely for you. Highly recommend!!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cadgwith
Polurrian Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cadgwith
YHA Lizard Point
YHA Lizard Point
#3 of 7 in The Lizard

Been to Little Trethvas Camping and Touring Site? Share your experiences!