This is a great pub in a great location for walking. The rooms are a bit basic and dated but for the money we paid I thought they were fair value. If you just want somewhere to sleep and shower they are fine, but people who want luxury decor etc should look elsewhere.
The food is good here, with plenty of local seafood, and the bar is cosy with plenty of good beers, which our party sampled in generous quantities.
It's well worth being in the bar on a Friday night when the locals sing sea shanties - definitely a high point. The staff and locals are friendly.
Sunseekers note there is no sandy beach in Cadgwith, but a picturesque rocky/stony cove.
Also, due to the narrow roads and lack of parking in the village itself, you have to leave your car in the car park at the top of the village (£2 per day), up a steepish hill. No problem if you are fit and well but those with mobility issues should be aware.
Its about 45 mins leisurely drive from Truro railway station,where there is a Hertz car rental office.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 400 Year old Public House, Restaurant and Bed and Breakfast within a stones throw of the beach in stunning Cadgwith on the Lizard Peninsula. We have a cosy bar area which is open all day serving local ales, lagers, ciders, soft drinks, tea, coffee and hot chocolate. We also serve breakfast to non residents from 8.30 am - 9.30 am. We serve food from midday until 9pm. We have 7 bedrooms, 3 with en-suite shower rooms and 4 with a shared shower room and shared bathroom. These can be booked on a bed and breakfast basis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Book Direct Rooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Cadgwith Cove Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cadgwith Cove Hotel Cadgwith
- Cadgwith Cove Inn Cornwall